Reviews for Beyond Time: Of Diaries and Destiny
taylowendy chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Oh, that was REALLY GOOD! I always wondered what would have happened if things went the other way. So, I'm glad that you did an alternate ending. The original ending was in fact perfect and AWESOME but still... it is nice to read what could have happened. And this ending, just cements how much of a love story the saga is and why so many people are hooked into the story of Bella and Edward. Thanks for giving us an alternate ending!
heygirl18 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
...

wow. You have left me speechless!

I wasn't sure about an alternate ending, as I believed the original one was so well crafted. In saying that, if this is the way you had originally envisaged ending the story, I would have been as in love with the tale as I was with the original ending.

As always, your beautiful words were a delight to read.

Thank you for sharing (and as someone who was affected by the floods, thank you for donating your time and showing us some love) :)
MSPT chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wow...just, amazing. Truly. Still wiping away tears. Thank you.
moniq25 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
OMG, it was so nice to go back and read Beyond Time, once again. Thanks for sharing it with us, it's still one of the best fan fiction, I've ever read. Thank you.
hmregan13 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I don't know how you do it to me. Every. Time. I'm all teary again! I'm going to preface my comments with this- Beyond Time is my absolute all-time favorite fic (and I've read A LOT of them!) I loved the original ending- it was perfect, so I almost didn't read this alternate version. I'm glad I did, it was simply beautiful and very carefully thought out. Amazing job as always!
lovedwardalways chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I loved your original ending it was as close to perfect as you get. This was great seeing Edward survive and they gave there life together the children they want it was cute that masen got to see her great great grandson that was a terrific idea I like it.
Atinaread chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wow ... surprised me again! What a great writer you are! :) Excellent ... thanks for this beautiful alternative ending .. xo
NoWayWithWords chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wow! I have goosebumps right now!

I adored Beyond Time, it was without a doubt my favorite of all the fanfics I've read, and I've read hundreds! You've definitely given Stephenie a run for her money! As much as I thought the ending was perfect, I will confess that I loved this alternate ending as well, with Edward and Bella living long, happy, human lives, surrounded by the love of their family (son and TWINS!) and friends (Samantha and the Chicago friends, and of course, the Cullens). It was wonderful! Now my big question- who was the old Native American man? I thought it might have been Jacob from a different timeline... or maybe even Ephraim, but I'm not sure...
Midnight-Gem94 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I think I like this ending even better than the first. It was beautiful and when I first read the story I had always hoped that she would find a way to save Edward and remain with him in the old days. This alternate ending is just what I wished would happen, that's not to say I didn't like the other ending, because I really did, but I love the thought of Edward and Bella growing old together and watching their children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren grow up around them.

Lovely, just lovely!

And may I say you have a knack for 'period' writing. It would be nice if you wrote another 'back in time' ExB romance...*wistful sigh*

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful alt ending!
AshLuvsU chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
That was amazing...Just WOW! I love how its written, and the journalling was my favorite part. it had emotion and you felt more part of it.

I can't wait for more stories from you 3
la-geologia chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Oh dear god, Edward's letter made me bawl like a baby!Hah. :) ..And while I agree that this fic didn't really need any kind of alternate ending, as the one you originally wrote was perfect, I still really enjoyed revisiting this story and these characters. This ending was beautiful in a whole different way, and I'm so glad that I got the chance to read it. I've also gotta say that the love scene was HOT HOT HOT, and I liked all the Carlisle POV. His character and friendship with Bella were always favorite parts of the story for me. I think my favorite part of this, though, was Edward's letter. That completely killed me. The part where he said he would always find her.. Holy shit. Tears explosion! In the best way ever though. The letter was just GORGEOUS! -Thank you for sharing this with us, hon. Beyond Time still continues to blow me away. It's just one of those fics that I love so much, I know it's always going to stick with me.

Cheers, love. All the best to you!
furious kitten chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I admit, when I first started reading this I was skeptical. I really liked the ending to BT, and to be honest I still prefer that version. This one doesn't line up as nicely for me. But then I got to that letter at the end... God, BT Edward, you kill me! That eternal, unstoppable, all-compassing love is really what BT boils down to and what made the story for me, and that letter spells it out perfectly.
icrodriguez chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I can completely and whole-heartedly understand why your heart is set on your original ending to BEYOND TIME.

If I interpret your preference correctly, then I believe that you & I are alike in the sense that we cannot fathom a mortal ending to our beloved E&B's love story. It's just...not possible.

With this alternate ending, you have managed to do something that I truly thought would have been impossible. You gave your E&B a human ending that actually made sense as it tied up all the intricacies and complications that your story brings to the E&B's story. It all somehow made miraculous sense, and I congratulate you on that amazing accomplishment.

But your story carries a certain heart breaking element to it that mirrors that of Twilight in canon. I remember when I FIRST read the saga and would almost tremble in fear that it was just not going to have an ending that would spare me a broken heart. But then SM gave us, her readers, the greatest gift she could have ever possibly given us: she gave us an IMMORTAL and EVERLASTING E&B. She gave us a NEVER ENDING epic love story, one that we will never tire of or recall with hurt or tears because it was met with death in the end. Even other great love stories, both in word and film, eventually lead to a human death. And while that itself is not cause for sadness alone, as a life-long true love is blessing in any context, it is still VERY COMFORTING to know that our beloved canon E&B live on...never dying...always loving...always being each others' forever.

Such is the same with your BEYOND TIME. This alternate ending was as beautiful and well done as you or anyone could have possible made it.

But in my heart I prefer your immortal and everlasting original ending. It gives us our E&B forever. Such a beautiful and comforting thought.

Godspeed.
mugglemom08 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Who knew my proper, Victorian Edward had a kinky side?

-Who indeed? *RAWR!*

Edward sat up, turning to me with a look of awe on his face that was so sweet it took my breath away. He laid a hand on my stomach. "You're…carrying my child?" His eyes rose to meet mine and I was shocked to find them glassy with unshed tears.

-Awww. So sweet.

-I'm just speechless. I preferred the original ending, but you really did a great job with this.
50bestfriends chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Amiga- Sweet alt ending. I especially liked the letter from Edward.
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »