Reviews for Only Human
RabidTwinkies chapter 1 . 4/27/2017
So- I know I'm a bit late but this was a great story. The guest or "Skylark" is an ignorant fool who can not accept ones views and creativity much less lecture on a Bible they can not say they follow. keep up your work and continue to write. This gay cousin having, rebel flag flying, buck shooting southerner loves you
Erm chapter 1 . 8/29/2016
Ok story, I suppose.. I have looked at all of your YJ stories, and yeesh, you like gay Wally/Roy. Lets look at something reliable to prove such a standpoint an abomination in the way of the Lord. The Bible doesn't speak of homosexuality very often; but when it does, it condemns it as sin. Let's take a look.

Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
1 Corinthians 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Romans 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines God's created order where He made Adam and Eve, a man and a woman, to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (Genesis 1:28). Homosexuality cannot fulfill that mandate. Also, homosexuality undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife which is the God-ordained means of procreation. Again, homosexuality cannot do that. And, believe it or not, homosexuality is also dangerous to society.

Homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it and support it.

Romans 1:26-27, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

As a result of being "given over", they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. They will not seek forgiveness, and they will not repent. They will then die in their sins and face God's righteous condemnation. But, their rebellion against God does not stop there. Those who are judged by God this way, also promote their sin and condemn others who don't approve of their behavior.

Romans 1:32, "...and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them."Persecution of the non-politically correct?

The Bible's view of homosexuality is not politically correct - and this is a concern. Will the Bible soon be considered hate speech by the moral-less majority? There is already significant social pressure being put on the American populace to accept homosexuality as normal and healthy. Homosexuality is promoted in movies, television, magazines, schools, etc. Social re-engineering is well underway. Yet statistically, only 3% of the population are homosexuals.2 Christians, on the other hand, occupy a far higher percentage, 70%3 yet they are not fairly represented in the media. Instead, Christians are routinely portrayed as bigots, narrow-minded idiots, hypocrites, and worse. Why? Because there are little tolerance and equality from the left for those who disagree with them. The social attitude of America is slowly being engineered to accept liberal sexual behavior while condemning and silencing those who disagree. Since behavior follows belief, what is to stop our increasingly liberal society from acting on its silence-the-opposition attitude and become more and more harsh in its dealings with Christians? Nothing. In fact, there are increasing calls to get Christians kicked off of social networks for speaking out against homosexual marriage. Silence the Christians! At work, many Bible believers are told to go through sensitivity training in favor of the LGBT community, even though such "sensitivity training" is highly offensive to them. If they don't go, they can be fired. It seems that sensitivity must be shown towards the homosexuals, but never towards the Christians. This hypocrisy is blatant and dangerous.

And then there is the increase in lawsuits. Will homosexuals attend churches for the purpose of asking pastors to perform a wedding and then when they are refused, they sue? Will they seek out Christian owned businesses and ask to have a cake baked, a wedding photographed, or music played at their homosexual wedding and then file a lawsuit when Christians who are holding to their religious convictions refuse to comply? It is already happening, and such legal attacks are on the increase. In light of this, I suggest that you look at history to see what politically correct momentum can do in and to a society. Think of Nazi Germany and the Jews. Do some research on communist Russia and its persecution of dissenters in the 1900s. History is full of examples of how those in politically correct power oppress those who don't agree with them. If you think the comparison is too extreme, then you join with many throughout history who said "It will never happen", and then sat by and watched it manifest.

Hmm. It seems as though Homosexuality is hated by God. Madam, I can only assume you are a liberal young adult (going into psychology?) who was fooled all her life by what she was taught in school and by your wonderful professor, who is atheist and believes in evolution. Anywhere close with my guesses?

"But the bible is tolerant of gays! It's in my bible!"

What bible are you referring to? If it is not the King James Version, (there is no other that is pure) then it is null and void, fake, fraudulous, etc.

"She gon' sic' Jesus on you!"

Point -Skylark-0 -God-1
LavenderBlossom74 chapter 1 . 8/3/2015
Awesome!
roxieblack chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
I livelihood this story! I especially liked how Robin and Artemis bonded.
Mezzem313 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
I had to listen to the song "Human" by Christina Perri when I read this story. It fits the story perfectly :)
BrienneJamie chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
hmmm I'm now questioning everything ever.
FifthDayOfMay chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
XD Awesome. As much as I love KF he can be a real idiot sometimes. Especially when it comes to Artemis. Robin's awesomeness in this made me extremely happy as well as the Artemis and Robin friendship. Love it.
Little-Yet-Fierce chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Wow just wow you are an amazing writer. I loved this story. It is the first one that I read by you and I love it.

Keep writing

~ Em
ParamoreXO chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
When I need a YJ fix, I know I can just dive into your earlier stories, read through a random one, & still be amazed at how incredible of a writer you are. You are the master of writing character interaction. - I love the concept of Robin pointing out to Artemis that, aside from the superpowers, Wally's human, too. Because, even though "Homefront" was a brilliant episode, Wally seemed to be excluded from the likeness of the two. Which was a little disappointing. But I can't really complain because any type of synergy between Robin & Artemis is gold. They just work flawlessly together and you've done more than a fantastic job on describing that through this story.

Jeez, Wally & Arty need to cool down & cut each other some slack for once. Hah.

Anyways, you did an incredible job! (: Keep it up!
DanielCrayon chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
i really like it, but it is kind of repetitive... still good though keep up the good work!
FudoTwin17 chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Only human? Artemis, show Wally you're less human than he is.

~Ani
Lmb111514 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
This was great!
nequam-tenshi chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
A great friendship story. Artemis and Robin are underappeciated.
Val-Creative chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Gahhhhh. I needed some genuine Artemis/Robin friendship. :D This was splendid.