Reviews for A Chance Encounter
astrangerhuman chapter 1 . 11/20
I've being reading Harry Potter fanfiction for years and years, with plenty versions of Slytherin Harry, but this is the best I've ever read by far! Please update soon... I need the remaining 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th books! I love your version of Harry, his group of friends, the deeveloping relationship between Theo and Hermione it's just beautiful! You have an amazing writing style never stop writing :)
Alexx94 chapter 9 . 11/13
Very original approach. Very good fic. Great job
Saissa chapter 26 . 11/11
Wonderful story!

Any chance of an update soon?
lizy2000 chapter 26 . 11/11
Good he's innocent anyways! Thanks for updating! Love your story now following! . Please update soon!
Phantom Snake chapter 26 . 10/26
I like how well you characterize the boys. Reminds me so much of my own misbegotten youth.

Well done.
Phantom Snake chapter 3 . 10/26
Quick does Daphne know so much? Like she knew about the sorting (it was a hat) but I can see how if she asked her parents.

But how does she know that Snape prefers Slytherins over any other House, or how he gives deferential treatment?

It couldn't be her parents, since they were in Hogwarts the same time he was or even before. It can't be another sibling since Daphne is the older of the two.

She also doesn't seem to know anyone above first year, so I'm not sure how she knows so much. It seems like you use her as a lampshade- you don't want to explore the discovery of new and exciting Hogwarts, so you introduce her as a character that seems to know everything as a workaround for this.
jonas.gloppen chapter 26 . 10/21
Really, this is a great story, and I'm so looking forwards to the next chapter. I'm in love with the HarryxDaphne pairing, his way of breaking her icy shell, and her snarky attitude make for a really good and interesting ship. Another thing, why didn't Harry just use the helmet he got from Flamel to break the occlumency shealds from his own mind, it should protect his mind against the connection in his scar..
or does it not work that way?
I'll be expecting your next chapter with much enthusiasm.
clara chapter 26 . 10/13
Is this fanfic going to continue.I loved it.
Leonineus chapter 8 . 10/7
I think you might need to have somebody go through all of this. I'm not seeing typos per se but sometimes you're using words which sound or look the same as rhe ones you mean but which mean something completely different.
Leonineus chapter 8 . 10/7
I feel I should point out at this time... the correct (and historically accurate) name is the PHILOSOPHER's Stone. American publication changed the name because they thought it sounded more impressive, but the true name is Philosopher's Stone.
Avalonemyst chapter 10 . 10/3
Enjoyed this retelling of first-year very much. I enjoyed the giving of the gifts, the helm actually reminded me of the hem of Hades not the helmet of Magneto. It's nice to see the Greek myths appearing more in Harry Potter than usual!
FangirlAlertWatchOut chapter 26 . 9/29
Wow! This story is great, please update it soon :)
tfranco9 chapter 26 . 9/24
I love your story! Please think about finishing. Serious I like it better than the original Harry Potter books! It just make so much more sense, Your portrait of Dumblemdore and his relationship with Harry are perfect. Much more real than the books. And thanks for get rid of Ron, my least favorite character, who doesnt have many good qualitys and talents to recomend him. If you need any help I can assist you. Please think about finish, yous are the best HP story that I read! Love the friends you give Harry and the goal of unity of the houses. I think you portrait of the Slyterins much better than the books, where they are all bad and dark, this makes more sense. Begging for more and congratulations, you are very talented!
1066wthec chapter 1 . 9/24