Reviews for A Chance Encounter
Guest chapter 18 . 6/3/2020
I’m enjoying this for the most part. However you’re using commas for too much and far too uneccessarily than you need to and it disrupts the flow of the narrative. There are also a few moments where instead of using a comma where it should be you’re putting period in there instead. You might need to seriously consider going through and editing the chapters otherwise the story won’t flow the way it should.
blackcharizard762 chapter 10 . 5/21/2020
Perhaps I am judging too soon but it seems like everyone else in the slither squad has something they are good at except for Harry. I know he's the designated leader but he doesn't really stand out in any way and it kind of makes him a boring, meh sort of character. And by stand out I don't mean he should be more powerful than everyone else just that it would be neat if he had some sort of niche that he stood out in. Still a great story though can't wait to keep reading
HiddenReaderNinja chapter 23 . 5/17/2020
did you just quote Narnia? I saw a Narnia reference!
idleprophet chapter 28 . 5/12/2020
This is the best Harry Potter fanfiction I've read. The characterization is so good and meaningful. If I were to name how Harry is different in this fanfic than the original, I would only need one phrase: more thoughtful. His thoughtfulness then cascades into a captivating, complex character, making all the deviations from the original make sense and meaningful.
The move to have a group of six instead of three for the main friends was brilliantly done. Some authors struggle to give unique personalities to multiple characters. The way you give each of the six some quirk (and have it develop in various ways) allows you to show real personalities without isolating them from others.
Also, it should be said, the plot deviations are great choices, especially the change from year 1 to year 2 on how the adults are involved with solving the basilisk-chamber of secrets problem (i.e. they trusted Harry's suspicions and acted on them, etc.). Of course, the original allows for a focus on the coming-of-age aspects, but I simply find your route more believable (and your in-text comments to that point were amusing and delightful). After all, why not kill the basilisk with a rooster?
All in all, really great work. Perhaps an unintended brilliance, but the fact that you begin "in media res" and thus require knowledge from the original allows the reader to focus on your contributions, highlighting what makes your story surpass the original.
Caddi chapter 1 . 5/12/2020
lovely start!
Stefan666 chapter 21 . 5/7/2020
At the beginning it looked like a good fanfic, although you clearly suffer from a typical leftist problem of not being able to look at things from the other side's perspective, thus your portrayal of most of Slytherins as "evil bigots". What I cannot overlook why I'm stopping on this chapter, is the strengthening feminish propaganda that serves no real purpose in this story, undermines development of male characters and is completely at odds with real world.
JamieO1 chapter 2 . 5/5/2020
How does Daphne Greengrass, a pureblood witch, know what a muggle police officer is or muggle Parliament? Or muggle anything? It's a little detail, but the devil is in the details you know.
Guest chapter 2 . 5/4/2020
Love the attention to detail with how arrogant Slytheirn. Supposedly clever and ambitious, yet their password is Salazar! As in, Salazar Slytherin! I am sure nobody will guess that. Gryffindor, despite being supposedly stupid have a 10 times better system. It makes me frustrated just thinking about it. Nice work.
Azalea Lily Potter chapter 8 . 4/30/2020
snape is a git
AvidReader2425 chapter 12 . 4/17/2020
thanks for another very enjoyable chapter and the song selection
AvidReader2425 chapter 11 . 4/17/2020
Holy hell, too many names Dumbledore actually finally checking up on Harry Potter and owning up to his own mistakes! One willing to work with Harry. If only he did this in the books. Of course, considering he knows the prophecy, he should put a hell of a lot more time into trying to train Henry, unless he still planning just set Harry up for suicide.
AvidReader2425 chapter 10 . 4/17/2020
Another enjoyable chapter, hopefully Harry Potter realizes real quick that Dumbledore is not his friend
AvidReader2425 chapter 9 . 4/17/2020
Maybe he’ll finally tell Daphine about his scar, he can get it looked at at the Wizard Hospital
AvidReader2425 chapter 8 . 4/17/2020
Hopefully Harry complains about having to fight giant spiders for his detention, endangering his life is a bit much for detention
AvidReader2425 chapter 7 . 4/17/2020
Once again, thank you for another very enjoyable chapter
2,806 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »