Reviews for In season
January-21 chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
I loved it! It made me smile! i love the way o portrayed the chracters!
NuthatchXi chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Fantastic!
A reader chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
I love this story. You have both of their voices down so perfectly that the dialogue is a delight - and it's easy to picture MW and CdP saying the lines. And the plot, setting and descriptions are so apt and engaging. I hope you will write more. I am a fan!
Kastia chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
This story makes me smile. You've done a great job depicting the interactions between Ziva and Tony from Ziva's POV.
FiveForFighting09 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
It is a story like this that makes me break down and lament: "Why does this author only have five stories? WHY!"

But now that I have read it five times (yes, I counted), I am so glad that you have written five stories. I love them all, for your humor and your wit and your ability to not only write how the characters sometimes are, but how much I wish they could be. Tony/Ziva is not something I always enjoy reading, for I find that some authors smash them together in a way that feels forced but your Tony and Ziva fit perfectly together.

Thank you for sharing this little tid-bit. I love it muchly.
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
A long, long overdue review for this (and for more Watchtowers chapters - maybe I'm stretching them out to stretch out my enjoyment of this series!)

There are countless TIVA stories out here in fanfic-land now - despite the series' unwillingness to commit, lots of readers & writers want them to do just that. But your universe here and with "Watchtowers" is very best I've seen at making them a real couple/family while being true to their natures as developed on TV. I remember seeing only one other fic that provides a realisic-while-squeeworthy portrayal of TIVA, and with this prequel to Watchtowers, you again hit just the right note for them as a couple.

I don't know why it seems so right, but it seems the most plausible that after so long together as partners, it takes an outside force, a fork in the road, to make them face facts and couple up (the other story I mentioned brings them together as a couple in a similar way, using a different life-changing event). And this scene is so perfect for them! The sense of them 'just happening' into their lives is here, but when we learn that what seems to be just another Tony-quirk - the oranges - is actually his caretaking, it makes me teary and desperate for CBS to create a NCIS:Rota just so these stories can be played out on screen.

Just as with Watchtowers, I love what you've done with Tony and Ziva, the growth you've allowed for each of them while keeping that same attitude between them. This is not a couple that would suddenly fall into sweet nothings and endearments, but do fit together so well. Ziva on a mission to smooth some of Tony's odd edges in the name of his health while rationalizing others seems perfect for her, and Tony taking it as he does (some whining & grumbling but going along with a compromise) is just right for him.

But oh, the fact he knew that she's pregnant - he's an investigator & a nosy one at that (6 tests? Ziva in denial not only with the test results but that he wouldn't figure it out with all that?) and his pushing the oranges on her is wonderful. But even more, the fact that he didn't confront her, and just waited for her to say something - that's the magic of your Tony: 'large and in charge' but deeply sweet and caretaking under it all. I love him all over again when I read your stories.

I don't mean to ignore all the wonderfulness in this - the perfect 'show-don't-tell' of their development as a couple using Ziva's efforts to change Tony; their dialogue both before and after her announcement; their Hannukah ... there's not a false chord in any of this.

I would really love to hear that you have more in mind for them. In the meantime, I need to get back to wallow in 'Watchtowers' again. Thanks for doing them right!
Mari83 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Sorry to be so late!

Again, I really like the flow of this, zooming in, from the descriptions of their new routines and rituals to the here and now of Ziva's pregnancy test. It's a very efficient balance of details and contraction, nothing superfluous yet still unfolds just perfectly. I love how the food-theme ties into 'Rota, an ongoing back and forth for the next years... It just all makes me smile.

"They have been together for a few months, and their leaving and moving in together was not preceded by much discussion, thought, or even dating."

Yeah, I know I'm commenting on your author's notes, but this fits them so well, the unspoken agreement that spares them the soul-baring, just stumbling into a relationship and finding that it works.

"She had no idea how he would react, but she feared he would take it badly and she thought she might actually cry if he did. No matter what happened, the happy spell of these few months would be broken. For all the little struggles over laundry, food, and oranges, they had been the sunniest days of her life. "I'm pregnant," she said"

Poor Ziva, the balance of their un-discussed relationship thrown.

"He didn't look up from his laptop. She thought he hadn't heard her, and was prepared to repeat it, when he said, "I'll call the embassy."

And then he drank some coffee. She might as well have said she would pick up his shirts after work. "I do not think the embassy needs to be alerted just because I'm pregnant."

"I'm sure we can get married here, but we might have to do some sort of paperwork."

Tony's matter of fact reaction is just perfect – as if there was no question at all that he and Ziva belong together, but yet again side-stepping any overt display of emotions. And overall, I can just see goofy, lovable Tony in all this, starting with the insistence on his food just as much for the sake of insisting and teasing Ziva as because muesli just isn't Tony.

Hoping for much more NCIS from you!
RT4ever chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
OMG the Ziva insight regarding Tony is amazing! Love it!
zatl chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
This was beautiful and wonderfully amazing.
Rigil Kent chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
To be honest, I've given up on both the show and the Tiva ship ... but somehow, you managed to make me believe its still (remotely) possible. I love the voice you give these two characters here - they're "in character" yet not the mean-spirited jackholes they seem to be more often than not on the canon show.)

If your Muse decides to do more in this excellent Rota-verse, then I'm along for the ride ... which makes you one better than the canon show.

Thanks for a great little story!
Shy chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Until I can review appropriately: tears here! You are a genius at this relationship. Go indulge in your favorite pastime - my treat, for this.

Genius.
petuniatc chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Oh happy day! A new StinkoGingko story - even if it is just a one shot.

Good background for Watchtowers of Rota. I always enjoy the Christmas vs. Hanukah stories for Tony and Ziva. But are we really sure that Tony's Catholic? We know Kate was Catholic but I don't think Tony ever says he is or not. I've always thought of Tony being raised Episcopal by his British mother then sent of to military school after she died because his father couldn't cope with him. If he'd been raised Catholic I'd have pictured him being sent to a Catholic boarding school.

And yes their tastes in food would be very different. Ziva's would be closer to European tastes with more well-done meats and Tony's more American with more processed foods.
nk chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Well played indeed!
megamom2 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Lovely! This manages to be be funny, sweet and insightful and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
daxam1216 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011