Reviews for Poker is Dangerous
socialgirl378 chapter 1 . 9/23
Yo, I freakin' love it. It's funny as hell, and I would like to see Allen try to beat Patty at poker.
SereneCrosstamer chapter 1 . 7/23
The odds of that Royal flush? 'Bout 650,000 to 1.
ImaginaryReader chapter 1 . 1/29
The first time I read this I thought it was absolutely hilarious. But even now, I still get a good laugh. The serenity of the beginning with the coffee and backstory is a nice contrast to the action and ruckus at the end. It became increasingly amusing each time Dante got screwed over by Allen's sly tricks. I think I even mentally heard some Wild West-like music and a quick draw whistle behind me when Allen and Dante were staring at each other during the second round. Allen's retreat was especially funny to me: "like a madman." (I absurdly imagine flailing arms, or maybe just awkward, stiff limb movements, and possibly profuse sweating. Yeah... I don't know.)
I really don't know much (other than what you put in descriptive parts; thank you for those. They are very much appreciated!) about the sources which inspire your fics, but I can tell you have a good feel for the characters. I especially like when you write for Dante in your stories; although I wasn't familiar with his personality beforehand, I can't help but enjoy reading his snarky comments and incredible, skillful attacks (physical and verbal). It's like he's right in front me, talking away and strutting his stuff; all the while, behind this computer screen, I'm gushing about how awesome it'd be to be friends with this guy. (Watching from afar-, reading about his every move and breath, -uhh.. isn't bad either, ... but that doesn't that sound creepy at all.)
Noticed maybe a typo or two but overall, pretty minor stuff, and they did not detract from how great a time I had reading this particular story; which has a certain writing style I've really liked for some reason.. You gave a wonderful preview of the two MCs and creatively intro'd and delved into their roles, so I wanted to share that with you as well. Also, you seem to like using the phrase "a bit"; 18 times, actually, but no biggie since this fic is one of my favorites of yours. Keep up the good work! Hah, saying that many years after it's been published.
Ryuakilover chapter 1 . 1/21
Hahaha this is so darn awesome
Poor Dante and poor Allen as well
animeawesomenesslover chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Brilliant. I loved it.
Luckylucy1223 chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
This was really good please keep this up and update it :D
Light Corliss chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
That was great. I honestly think you could turn this into an entire story if you really wanted to, and it would be hilarious to boot.
kyone Riverblade chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Your fic is the second actual DMC/CGM fanfic (includeing mature fics) however I feel you didn't quite get Dante right as that episode where he went Psycho was a demon possessing him; you left the basses for a multiple chapter in a single one shot and I am quite curious as to why Dante (who is aware of his rotten luck most of the time)would be so ooc towards the end of your fic.
The Puppeteer Master chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Ahahah I love it!

Is this the end of it? :O
Scylent chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
You Awesomeness~!

It's a simple fact. I can tell by this hilarious fanfic you've got here. I absolutely love Dark Allen! Badassery, in a word. Great job!
Random Bespectacled Otaku chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
XD God, that was awsome! but i want to say two things real quick: 1. Allen could kick Dante's ass! (yes, i'm an obsessive fangirl of Allen's) and 2. WHY IS THIS THE ONLY ENGLISH CROSSOVER WITH DEVIL MAY CRY? i got all excited when i saw the catagory, too...
Semjaza chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I like it! Poor Dante, has that man ever won at poker, lol? :D
ZeroPanda chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
This should have been done a million years ago. In fact, it should be multi-chaptered. I love both DGM and DMC. Fantastic as a oneshot too, though. Loveit!
Pearl of the Orient Seas chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Wonderful one-shot! I can really imagine this scenario in my head~! :)

And, haha, why not let Allen play with Patty? It would be nice...XD