Reviews for the East Wind
Chris of the Skazes chapter 5 . 6/10/2011
Agreed, Aang most definitely does NOT need to be intoxicated to feel like spontaneously singing and dancing and loseing his shoes. Okay maybe the losing his shoes part but thats about it. Also, this chapter smells faintly like Maangoes. Or maybe I jump to conclusions when it comes to drunken conversation. As for "Captain Fluffymuffykins"...PRICELESS! Toph Bunnpuppies Epic Aww. And one more thing...I WAS RIGHT! They DID do the deed! Naughty, naughty, naughty,.
Kimberly T chapter 5 . 6/5/2011
The revised version of the conversation between Mai and Zuko is much more in character for both of them! The daughter of a career politician, Mai was raised to care about appearances-as much as she cares about anything, that it-while Zuko would definitely care more about doing right by all the people who will be affected most.

I'm glad that Zuko was mature enough to keep Mai close as a friend once they stopped being lovers, and that Mai is mature enough to accept that.

The conversation between Mai and Aang is hilarious! Why yes, when you're an earthbender, you really can make it look like the earth is swallowing you whole... And I won a bet with myself, that the Extreme Awkwardness between Aang and Katara had been caused by sex. He pushed for it, she didn't say no, and now she quietly hates herself for giving in and him for pushing it. Seen that happen in RL too.

At least Aang is decent enough that he's not trying to push sex on Katara again; there are way too many guys out there that think sex gives them rights of ownership and now the girl has no right to say no to them, ever.
Meggan B chapter 2 . 6/4/2011
Great back-and-forth here! Sokka and Zuko have a real bro-mance.
Kimberly T chapter 5 . 6/4/2011
"Something in her grumpy bored disposition made people want to tell her things." It's the desperate urge to say something that will actually make her change expression. Everyone wants to be the one to crack the Great Stone Face! ;-)

"They would've never worked together. She had always known this really. Zuko cared about everything too much."

No argument there. But the very fact that Zuko cares so much, is why his saying "I don't see why we just can't pull everybody out and leave the earth kingdom be" and the ensuing argument seemed extremely OOC for him. Zuko cares about honor, yes, but he also cares about People. The whole reason his father was able to sucker him into that Agni Kai is that he cared about what would happen to that division of raw recruits. Now that he's Fire Lord, Zuko would Definitely Care about the fates of all those colonists and the uprooting from their homes.
Kimberly T chapter 4 . 6/4/2011
"Zuko had named his 'bunnypuppy' because he had no imagination."

See, that's another reason why he and Sokka are best buds!

"No really trust me, you're already at the inappropriate, over-friendly cuddling stage. Any more and you'll be at the over the top dancing, karaoke, and losing you shoes stage."

Far as I'm concerned, it doesn't take fire wine for Aang to get to either stage! X-D
Kimberly T chapter 3 . 6/4/2011
"She had sat behind pakku in those early days, her hands occupied with some task or other and offering what she called 'constructive criticism' and granpakku called 'bloody backseat bending'."

Full flashback, PLEASE! I love these two oldsters together!

Uh, Katara, can i point out that for Zuko to throw a proper Water Tribe Day, he really needs to have a Water Tribe friend or two on hand in the Fire Nation to celebrate it with him? Or were you expecting him to ship a few crates of blue fireworks down to the SWT?
Kimberly T chapter 2 . 6/4/2011
If I didn't say it when I read this on LJ, I'll say it here; I just LOVE these letters back and forth! Really feeling the buddyship between these two!
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
"The silences felt even more embarrassing than that time he'd gone with Zuko to apologise to some Earth chick he'd stolen an ostrich horse from. Wow. Sokka had never seen anyone, in his entire life, dig such a big whole for themselves so quickly. The silence that had followed Zuko's dithering, blathering apology was one giant awkward sandwich with embarrassing sauce on top..."

Can we pretty-please get a full flashback of this? I've read plenty of Zuko-apologizes-to-Song scenes before, but never one with Sokka along to witness it!
Chris of the Skazes chapter 3 . 6/1/2011
Very good so far. Keep it up. Did Aang and Katara do what I think they did? I'll find out I guess. The Zuko and Sokka letters were hysterical. Will this be Taang or Toko?

Cya l8r