Reviews for Legacy of My Father
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
This is brilliant! Iroh's my favourite character, and I love how you've showed a different, but very valid interpretation of him. Your characterisations of Ozai, Azula and Zuko were excellent too. Great job with this, well done.
JannaKalderash chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Ozai always WAS an idiot!
PiperDreamer chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
When you put Iroh like that, then it is easy to see why Iroh did everything as he did. Yes, he loved Zuko, but he probably felt very satified in knowing that he was shaping Zuko not only into a good upstanding man, but into a brighter reflection of Ozai. It is as though Iroh was creating the perfect revenge against his brother.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Do I think that Iroh honestly cared about his nephew? Yes. Do I think that would have been a supposedly-retired general's only reason for going off to the boonies for years, for letting himself be imprisoned, for watching and waiting for just the right moment? No. This story works very well.
Anon chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Two years old it may be, but still grand - a lovely and chilling look at the darker side of Iroh that the fandom's oft to happy to ignore. I also loved how you tied it in with the entire family's darkness, as well, especially Zuko's.
Lord L.H.J chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
( wow iroh way to fic.
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
That ending is weird. But why not? I've been reading a few fic comparing Ozai and Zuko lately. It makes me think. And Iroh is *such* a complex character, when you start thinking about it!
Kitsune1818 chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Oh! So interesting, all the avatar series in this short one shot from Iroh eyes, al his delicante plots and the results of them. Very interesting indeed.
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I like how you portrayed Iroh :) good job.
SweetNightingale09 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Wow so chilling and thought provoking! You did an amazing job with the insight into Iroh's character for all that he was portrayed as an easy going, tea loving old man, just like you said he was Azulon's favorite son and we know that Azulon was a manipulative bastard. Dragon of the West indeed.
Sulky Shadow chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Beautifully written. I did very much enjoy the ending.
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Woah. You just blew me away with this fic. Awesome job. :)
card castles chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
This was amazingly well-written. I adored your interpretation of Iroh's dangerous side; it makes sense that our favorite tea-loving uncle was at least slightly ruthless. How else do you survive in the Fire Nation, much less the royal family?

The last lines were chilling, especially since Iroh "smiles and shrugs" while saying them. Like he's discussing the weather. It's positively wicked.

Great job :D
TheBlueFoxtrot A Samba chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Oh. My. Goodness. How very clever. This was a smart fic. It made Iroh seem even more dangerous, in that he could be so patient and cunning like that. And how you warped it to be about revenge and just smack Ozai like that. Brilliant.
Half formed demon chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
This is an awesome interpretation of Iroh and Ozai and Zuko and Azula. I love that line "Because only you would destroy your father" it gave me chills. *faves*