Reviews for Eye of the Storm: Wild Card
bigtomato chapter 17 . 7/31/2014
I know it's... several years since this was written, but i've just been reading through Karen Travis' Commando books. I do like them a lot. It's great to see stories from the clones point of view instead of being centered around Jedi. I do, however, disagree with her view on Jedi and the Jedi she writes about. This may just be because i grew up with Star Wars, have seen the films, the cartoons and read every star wars book i could ever get my hands on.

I won't go onto a big rant or even debate though about it, since really what other choice do the Jedi have. They could refuse to lead the clone army. But since the Ruusaan Reformation they're subject to the Senate. So they'd have to disobey in order to not lead the clone armies.

The clone armies were trained to be led by Jedi from conception, I wonder how they would have coped without the Jedi. As Stonewall said above the Jedi look after the men as well as they can. Admittedly this is only drawn from his opinion, the clone wars cartoons and books. (excluding General Krel who was helping the Separatists.

Incidentally, if the Jedi had refused to lead the armies, I wonder what Palpatine would have done since the whole war was designed to reduce the numbers of Jedi (many many Jedi were lost in the fighting), spread them out so they were isolated and more vulnerable. Well also, so that Palpatine could obtain more and more power and obtain a professional army to make the transition into an Empire easier.

So while some people say the Jedi created and used a slave army... i don't really agree. Replace Jedi with Senate perhaps. Or Palpatine. I don't really know what the Jedi could have done differently.
Sasha9348 chapter 7 . 7/20/2014
Ooh, things are starting to heat up
Sasha9348 chapter 6 . 7/20/2014
Love the conversation with Luminara
Sasha9348 chapter 5 . 7/20/2014
Interesting I wonder where this is going
Sasha9348 chapter 4 . 7/20/2014
I like Milo :)
Melo chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
i like how you write the Kaminoans
Sasha9348 chapter 3 . 7/17/2014
All your OCs are really interesting.
Sasha9348 chapter 2 . 7/17/2014
I like how you brought in the Altisians...
Sasha9348 chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
I really love your writing style!
muredin chapter 13 . 6/2/2014
:D
TheDoctorCT-21-0408 chapter 21 . 4/18/2014
I must say that I've become quite a fan of Shadow Squad by now. Every story I've read of them is exciting, interesting, and a good read.

This one really kept me on the edge of my seat, and I quite enjoyed it. The 'creepiness' and angst really added to my overall enjoyment of the story.

I will be reading the next two Eye of the Storm books :)
The Fox Familiar chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
I thought Traxis was too busy being raped by Blaze, that Edward-like rapist who can't stop fantasizing over him. What's this, now?
zipitnow chapter 17 . 11/7/2013
Love the Gree/Luminara moment, just right! I hope she can loosen up a bit more later, come on girl friend...just kiss the boy!
Eregnar chapter 19 . 9/26/2013
Crest making gagging sounds made my day. Oh Crest, why are you so awesomely hilarious?

And Mace... didn't expect him to test Stone quite like THAT. And complimenting Stone's hair... lol.

"The task hasn't been assigned yet, but I'll let you know who to harass." Oh Obi... you know her so well.

And looks like Stone will be getting a saber :)
Eregnar chapter 18 . 9/26/2013
"The annoyance in his tone was mundane enough to make her smile," I can relate. Obi-Wan's so cute when he's annoyed. He only seems to get annoyed with people he genuinely cares about, with everyone else it's a mask of politeness, so when he's annoyed, we know it's because he cares.

I'm with Obi on the clone army thing. Kali's forgetting that if they had refused to use the clone soldiers, the Senate probably would have overruled them anyway, and even if they didn't, the Kaminoans would have either sold them to someone else or reconditioned the lot. The Jedi probably ought to have been fighting harder for the clones rights, but refusing the army altogether wouldn't have helped the clones at all.

Also, it's nice to see Mace showing some affection for Kali. :)