Reviews for Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely
spnMom chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Wow, I search for fics about the end of season 6 and somehow I missed yours. It is great! I have read lots, but yours is the first where the guys just ignore Castiel. That was fabulous! Thanks for posting.
Cornish Rhapsody chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I loved the idea that Dean overcame the Cas problem by simply focussing on what was most important - Sam. Loved how you portrayed the relationship between the brothers. Thanks for sharing!
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
OMG I hope it will be like that.

Honestly I think Kripke really painted them into a corner ending the series like that- What would have happened if they hadn't been renewed? _We would have been left with that as the shows' finale-AAarrrgghhhh!

So when the first show of season 7 opens I hope your take on how they get out is the road they choose to go down.
Mystic25 chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Very well done! I wondered myself how the boys and Bobby would get away from Cas, I mean "drugged up on souls/thinks he's the new god" Cas. You did it very realistically too I might add. I could hear Dean's lines in my head being spoken from his voice.

And, as much as I want to see Sam "fine and okay" after waking up, this was a much more real way to show it. He can't come out of that kind of pain and trauma and just be "fine" And, the resonace of Dean's line, calling Castiel, the "Angel of Thursdays" the common man's angel, who learned how to use a cellphone, who ate too many White Castle Burgers, who didn't understand pop culture references, who bled in a hospital bed once. It was THAT angel who had their loyalty. Not, this new one...and it was described eloquently.

Well done again! I'm proud to be your first reviewer.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Pretty interesting solution to their problem - and you are right with your final sentence, stacey.

Altough I'm not the angel's biggest fan, I just wish they didn't "villify" Castiel like they did in the last episodes. Of course, the way to hell is paved with good intentions but he didn't deserve that, either. After all, initially, he merely wanted to prevent Raphael from bringing on the Apocalypse despite their previous best efforts to stop it.

Maybe (just maybe) Castiel will come to his senses in time, see his own shortcomings and how he is wrong demanding god-like status. And then he will apologize to Bobby, Dean and (most of all) Sam and return to heaven and make it a better place again. *crosses fingers* Well, there's hoping, right?
wcfan chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Somehow I don't think that it would be that easy. Then again, the writers could have God (the real God) zap them out. Which would be crap.

Anyway, Cas sounds more like a freaking child rather than an all-mighty "God". Maybe he should learn that there's more to the part than having powers to blow up big brother.

I figured that Sam would bring up the whole demon blood thing. He's the one who can relate the most to Cas at this moment. After all of Cass' holier than thou crap, he does exactly the same thing he once condemned Sam for. I get the circumstances that Cas was in required him to make certain decisions, but he could have told the Dean about this a long time ago. He had months to tell the boys.
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Wow. *applause* This was incredible. Characterization was right on. Brilliant. I hafta say, I was totally giggling when Dean kept focusing on Sam and ignoring Cas. Haha! And then Bobby joined in! Lol It's like the way you ignore a child throwing a temper tantrum. You ignore them, they get even more mad, then they fizzle out cuz they're shocked that their tantrum didn't work. Haha! I loved this! Perfect. And yes, Cas's situation is A LOT like Sam's was. They both did bad things with good intentions. They both questioned themselves. They both got mean and drunk with power. I'm hoping they redeem Cas the same way they redeemed Sam. Either way though, I'm glad the brothers are a united front once again. Nothing makes me happier than when they're on the same page. Also, thank you soooo much for protective big brother Dean. It was nice to see him again in S6 and I'm soooo looking forward to more of him in S7. This was awesome. Thanks again! *hugs*
kelhome chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Nicely done. I love purposeful, over-protective Dean. Hope to see more of him next season.

Great little tag.

PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Powerful, frightening, uplifting - very Winchester and Singer! Thank you for this, sweetie!

d767468 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I can totally see it happening like this!

You have the characters so right on.

Great Story!
TaraHalliwell chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Great fic, I loved it! I can't wait to see how it plays out on the show! And I could totally see this happpening.
Always an Angel chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
That was great! I loved bigbrother!Dean and loved, loved, loved, loved the last line. Great job!
L Moonshade chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Love it! I'd love to see this done on the show, and the last line was perfect.
gapdragon1 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Cool stuff - Thank you
sylia91 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Loved how Dean and Bobby just focused on Sam and ignored Castiel. He only gets to be called Cas when and if he returns to normal. Castiel has the very real danger of exploding from all that excess power if he gets too heated up, heh.