Reviews for A Rose By Any Other Name CMNCIS Crossover
sbz chapter 26 . 7/28/2013
I just finished this today, and Reckoning yesterday. I enjoyed them both. Prentiss is my favourite character, so I'm always on the lookout for stories that feature her.

Crossovers aren't typically my thing, but I used to watch NCIS, and it's a crossover that makes sense. I thought you did justice to all the characters, and managed to give each at least one scene from their perspective. I did think Prentiss was accepted and loved a little *too* easily and quickly. I agree with your interpretation and view that she would fit in, but it reeked a little too much of Mary Sue acceptance from people who don't normally accept. Perhaps if the plot hadn't only covered, what, two or three days?

Hotch's behaviour did kind of rub me the wrong way and strike me as a bit out of character. Despite the explanations you gave, I think he's professional enough, and recognizes Prentiss is professional and capable enough, that he'd never so completely over react and get hyper protective. Though, I don't see a relationship between them on the show, and I respect your interpretation of him with romantic feelings added in. The tired idea of "man protect woman" *chest thump* just grates on me, as I'm a fan of strong, kick-butt women, and having a male character act in such a way, when he well knows she's more than able, for me somewhat undermines the strong female character.

I do think both stories could have befitted from a solid edit. I realize that won't happen now, them being 2 years old, but perhaps it's something to consider for your future work. There were quite a few typos. You also switched tense sometimes, had some comma problems, and also some strange, wordy phrasing. In the grand scheme of fanfic, they're minor problems that a qualified beta could sort out, but they did impact enjoyment and comprehension.

I'm looking forward to both sequels. I see you have about a bazillion stories on the go, though, so I'll wait until they're complete to start reading.

On a completely unrelated note, I found your lengthy author notes unnecessary. Nothing you explained in them required it, in my opinion. I felt you hinted, resolved, and explained everything appropriately in the fic. Their presence seemed to serve as a distraction more than anything. You should feel confident enough to let the fic stand on its own - because it does - and not feel the need to explain what you've written. Only an inadequate fic requires explanation, and yours definitely is not inadequate. It's quite good, so feel proud.

Thanks for sharing such long, well thought out Prentiss fics. I look forward to reading more in the future!

Regards,

sbz
LeProject chapter 26 . 7/24/2013
Great story, I enjoyed reading !
gibbs sweetmama chapter 26 . 7/3/2013
wonderful hope I can find the next one
gibbs sweetmama chapter 25 . 7/3/2013
Fantastic you have kept me from my work because I cant quit reading
gibbs sweetmama chapter 12 . 7/3/2013
Love this story I agree It should be used as a story line
seacat03 chapter 27 . 9/16/2012
This was a great story!
Zelha chapter 27 . 9/1/2012
I loved this story. I wonder how you're going to manage the Doyle arc into this universe, I can't wait to read more!
This is my first foray into this section of the site, and I have to say I loved it. Keep up the good work!
Aelpharose chapter 27 . 9/1/2012
This is the best CM/NCIS crossover I've ever read! Love the way you describe each of the characters' emotions and still has that humor going along. And Emily Prentiss is one perfect woman in this fic (not that she wasn't perfect already). Love it so much! Great work!
BrightlyShining chapter 27 . 8/29/2012
I am so going to read this sequel as soon as possible... what you posted so far sounds plain awesome!
emilyhotchner chapter 27 . 8/29/2012
a sequel! omg! i sm totally gonna read this! hope u will keep updating!
Sleep and Dream chapter 26 . 8/28/2012
This is the third time I'm reading your story and I still get great enjoyment from it.
greengirl82 chapter 27 . 8/28/2012
Oooh going to check the sequel out right now...
rmpcmfan chapter 25 . 8/26/2012
OMG, I just loved this story and couldn't stop reading! Fantastic writing and humor. I am a fan of both CM and NCIS and you definitely captured the personalities to a tee! I am definitely going to read this story again and again. Thank you and keep writing, you have a talent!
Guest chapter 26 . 7/6/2012
This was a very good story. I loved it! On more then one occasion I received odd looks for my family as result of me litteraly lol-ing. Good job.
- the Bandit
123a456e chapter 22 . 4/13/2012
This is an awesome story and I read it before but I just got to say I love this chapter! Mostly the bra trick and the whole 'Found a shovel' line! Please keep writing this series!