Reviews for The Red Tower
Shemhazi chapter 4 . 5/4/2014
This was inspired by a Fritz Lieber story, correct? Anyway, it was awesome. I adored Nate and Anders' dynamic.
Pie Rat chapter 4 . 4/28/2012
"This is why I'm a cat person!" He felt compelled to shout at Nathaniel, as they ran down the staircase that became thinner and thinner as they reached the bottom.

"Shut up and keep running!"

:D

I had forgotten how much I liked Anders before he started time-sharing his brain with Justice. I'm pretty sure this story is completely IC and also awesome. Good job! Keep up the great work! More appropriate platitudes that sum up a positive sentiment! MORE, I SAY!
The Funny Idiot chapter 4 . 6/3/2011
Ho snap! Ghost chevalier! Ghost mabari! Ghost warde... on, no, wait they all survived. Ghost Chevalier!

Seriously, that dude was cool. I normally don't like OCs (that's a lie) but when they show up as handsome knights who are only in it for five seconds, I can appreciate them. He was handsome, right?

*re-reads*

...I'm just going to assume he's handsome. It works better for me that way.

Also, Anders made me cry (lying again, but only kind of). You are a horrible person. How dare you put normal, not-Justice-y Anders into a fic? How dare you make me happy to have him around again? Huh? You think you're such a big shot, but you're not. He's dead now and I don't even care how much I used to like him!

...Nah, it's cool. This is the Anders I adore. You go ahead and you drink the wine, honey. Never stop drinking the wine.

NEVER. WINE AND KITTIES FOREVER.

Ahem.

Anyways, good story. I liked the bits where things happened. Those were especially well done. Also, those ghost mabari were pants-wettingly awesome. I really hated that villain dude you put in there. Normally I am not an advocate of feeding people to ghost dogs, but in this case, I made an exception.
Eluvian chapter 2 . 6/3/2011
Concrit:

My first thought was that this should be categorized as Horror rather than Adventure or Supernatural, but while a lot of horrific things are implied, none of them actually seem to happen. So. Perhaps not. The beginning bit with Sigrun is a little disjointed from the rest of the fic, almost like they're two stories rather than the same one.

Stuff I liked:

"Um…" Anders said carefully, "You want to stay out here? With the creepy mysterious howling and the disgusting weather?"

"Yes."

"Well. Suit yourself, I suppose."

That part made me snort my cola.

"Shut up and keep running!"

Considering how creepy this story is, there are a lot of funny bits, too. That's very in keeping with the source material.

Behind him, the chorus of barking could be heard again. The dogs burst through the doors like they were made of vapour, and came running for their prey, overgrown claws clattering over the ground.

Perfect description! I also learned that 'vapour' is one of those extra-u words, which I did not know before.

Upon reconsideration, I think I do actually like this one better than the one with Sten and Zevran.

Keep it up, hon!
Akimi Butterfly chapter 3 . 6/2/2011
I love the concept for this story! Very intriguing. Not to mention my two favorite NPCs and my favorite Warden! I'll be watching and waiting for an update.