Reviews for Battered and Bruised and Brawling
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Incredible reunion fic - I never found one I truly liked until I read this. I never pictured Ginny to take Harry back without a fight and her arguments make so much sense (see got hurt anyway; he died without saying goodbye; he was essentially selfish by being selfless), yet she didn't lose her strength or become a hollow version of herself. Love this - Ginny is incredible
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Perfect. Ginny's character portrays the beautiful mix of rationality, stubbornness, undying love and strength. Love this so much
Guest chapter 1 . 9/12/2014
Oh, my GOODNESS. The sheer perfection of this story cannot be described in words. This is EXACTLY how Ginny would have reacted to him! My goodness. There is absolutely NO WAY this story could improve, honest.
TheFifthCharmedOne chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
I don't have words to describe how much I loved this. I agree 500% on the Ginny scars front; there was no way she escaped unscathed. I love that you had her fight him off rather than fall into his arms, because the Ginny we know and love wouldn't do that.

Anyway, wonderfully done.

-Charmy
nienerz chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
This was good. I agree with you on a lot of what you said. You're a great author, and I hope you'll write some more.
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Just loved the title of this, so had to read it. I loved it, apart from the description of Ginny's terribly scared visage. Rereading the description of Neville's battered visage again doesn't lead me to believe that he would be permanently scared, as Ginny appears to be. It has been weeks, even more than just from the end of the battle because Ginny did not go back to school after the Easter Hols.

These scars are horrific and permanent and though I suppose the fact that Harry still loves her regardless of her terrible scaring,, I do not really go along with the theory that the students at Hogwarts had a much harder time of it than HR&H, especially Harry.

Where was Snape while Alecto Carrow was doing her worst? He had made a promise to DD that he would protect the students, and the Carrows would have had to tow the line to a certain degree. Where were McGonagall, Sprout and Flitwick, the first and last of whom are very powerful mages themselves. And I do not think Hagrid would have sat back on his haunches if he had seen Ginny's injuries. He would have torn Alecto limb from limb. He is almost an unstoppable force and the Carrows would not have been able to run to Voldemort because his inner circle weren't allowed to bother him unless they had Potter.
Anyway, I did love how Ginny was angry at Harry and how he responded; their interaction was lovely to read. Yes-even Ginny beating into Harry.
Oh, his argument as to why he couldn't have taken her with them when they left would have been reinforced by reminding her that she would not have been able to use magic because she still had the trace on her, and therefore would have been a liability and would, in fact, not been able to take care of herself.

wrappedinharry
nayin chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
I love harry/ginny but I don't like stories of Post DH that ginny takes harry back in a heartbeat and she's the one seeking him out. I love this story coz this is ginny that like. I admire JK but I don't like what she did that harry kept ginny in the dark about the prophecy and hocruxes. Ginny is his girlfriend and trustworthy.
colorful swirls chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I loved it! :)

-seaweedbrain213
They-Want-Me-To-Tap-Dance chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I love this story and even better, I love your description about your take at the author's note here. :) I've watched documentaries and interviews with JK Rowling, and she understands that she can't satisfy everyone with every description that would be wanted after.

The best part about her fans? They can write in what they feel happened. It's wonderful how that works. These books have zinged a spark into the brains of millions of writers on this site.

Keep writing and enjoy yourself. I don't have anything of my own posted yet, but I would be pleased if you took a peek when that time comes. :]
RoseLovesJack chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
great story
KataraLovesAang chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
wow amazing story
GlenPoint chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Okay, so first I want to say I love this. Ginny's reaction to being left behind and everything they all had to do deal with over the past year was amazing and seemed very in-character. Your writing also flowed very smoothly and seems to have few (no?) grammatical and spelling mistakes. My only critique is that I do not think Ginny would conceal her scars, regardless of there seriousness or location. So while I believe she certainly has several probably pretty nasty ones, the whole "concealed scars on her face" thing threw me.
voldy's gone mouldy 98 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
I only noticed just now that there are several sequels to the first story in this series. I've read them all in one go and liked each one of them very much, you are really good at depicting Harry and Ginny's relationship in a credible, realistic way. And I just love Ginny's character in your story,I think it is exactly the way Ginny is supposed to be.

Very nice!
Lucretia-Caseyandra chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Awesome! I didn't think Ginny would be easy on Harry, but not too harsh either. Your take on their reunion is a little on the harsh side, but I totally agree with you that Ginny probably got the same (if not more) amount of scars as Neville and others. Ginny's character should really be given more credit! Very good job! Caseyandra
trained2love chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
this was one of the best reunions i've read, u've done a great job on the characters personalities, my one complant would be that i'm always waiting for harry to tell ginny that she was the last thing that he thought of before he died, that's just my ideal reunion scene though, this was beautiful, i'm going to check out your other stories