Reviews for In the Attic
FireStarDragon chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
This is lovely. It really is. The concept of all of Cathy's loved ones waiting for her is just wonderful, especially when Chris comes to her. That was my favorite bit.

Thanks so much for writing this.

Aizawa Minami chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Hmm... this is pretty good! I can see you've mastered Cathy's point of view quite skillfully-like the dear V.C. Andrews we know.

Keep up the good work!
RadiantAsTheSun chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
It was beautiful how you described Cathy in the attic, her deceased loved ones all waiting for her. I especially love the way Christopher comes out the shadows, and how you describe the love Christopher expresses in his eyes. Thank you for taking the time of writing this, and I hope you continue!
GrayRainbows chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
I love your username! *laugh*

The end is a little bit confusing. Wasn't it Trevor who found Cathy? It sounds like it's Jory, here, unless I'm misunderstanding.

I'd omit a few of the endearments, just to make the dialogue more closely match the books-I think Corinne is more likely to say "sweetheart", for example, or just use Cathy's name.

Also, perhaps change "wooden box" to something more descriptive of an attic space, wooden beam, perhaps, or maybe a memory of the original attic.

Your addition of the ring was a really great touch-it is the garnet ring Christopher Sr. gave Cathy, isn't it?

"Forty years and I am still trapped here in the attic with all my beloved ghosts. "

She was, and this is sad, and sweet, that she would see them all waiting for her. This brings us full circle.

Nice work! I hope you'll post more.