Reviews for Liberation
welshirishhybrid chapter 2 . 6/19/2011
Gripping story can't wait to see where it is going.
augrah chapter 2 . 6/17/2011
Oh, I have been so looking forward to your update and this is an absolute gem. I won't be able to add much beyond what other praises you are getting, but this is a truly original and amazing piece. I love the changes and the growth to the characters. Yay on Anna for making him work for it, and YAY on Bates for working it! I am so looking forward to your next installment.

*super hugs*
FirstDraft chapter 2 . 6/17/2011
Ooh - that was great - I've spent so much time wondering what John would do next and this so fits his dogged character. More importantly you've managed to make his behaviour/actions look reasonable and sweet when he could have ended up looking like a stalker. I loved how Anna couldn't let things slip out and I'm glad she told him he broke her heart as well - although I feel so bad for her because his presence is understandably leaving her feeling a lot of turmoil. I hope she starts to feel happier about it soon and I LOVE the idea of their being friends - it feels right and removes a lot of pressure. Anyway - all that to say - MORE SOON. Please. _
MinervaLorraine chapter 2 . 6/17/2011
Hurts so good! What a terrific spin on their story. I can't wait for more!
hrhdana chapter 2 . 6/16/2011
its amazing to see the freedom anna is experiencing, its quite a stark difference to what women axperience now and i cant imagine my life being so controlled by those restrictions.
Praetorian Productions chapter 2 . 6/16/2011
This is an excellent story and I look forward to reading the last 2 chapters. I love your characterizations of Anna and Bates and know you'll continue to do right by them.
TheShippyQueen chapter 2 . 6/16/2011
Oh, my dear this was SUCH a treat for a Thursday night!

I have been so looking forward to this chapter and it was everything and more! If this is anywhere near how S2 pans out, I'll be a delighted bunny indeed! :D

Firstly, I love your independent Anna. I find her so in-character and so very believable! I love how she refuses to back down and how determined she is to make her point. I also love the vulnerability you give her as she starts to think twice about Bates.

Secondly, I love your Bates. Again, very in-character and I love the way he tries to win her back by waiting for her as long as it takes. I love how he tries to 'court' her and prove that he's genuine. I admire his patience!

Finally, I just love everything about this story. The imagery you create is so vivid that I can see Anna's little room, imagine Bates waiting in the rain, I see it all!

Well done!

hrhdana chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
oh dear! poor bates! fab story, looking forward to more! thankyou.
FirstDraft chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
I think so far you're just about the only one who's managed to inject some real tension and problems between these two and I'm very glad to see you've come up with another great way of tackling a very credible direction for these two - it feels more realistic, and therefore more enjoyable, if they have their issues. And you certainly make a convincing case for things going wrong between them.

It was great seeing Anna deciding to move on - sensible girl - and to see John do some of the chasing for once. One's imagination does go into overdrive when one reads Anna has effectively her own place and John is a free man, but while I look forward to hopefully seeing that put to use, I mostly can't wait to see how you resolve their situation. I trust she will somehow give him a chance to apologise properly and explain himself.

I loved this bit:

[He smiled when he saw her and for a second everything was forgotten. She was a girl of 24 again, standing in a kitchen, staring at the first man who had ever made her heart flutter.]

There's something quite touching about it and somehow it sums up perfectly everything she must be feeling.
linnybrown chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
...ouch. D:

This is so intriguing! Anna, with her new-found autonomy, Bates being a bit obtuse, it's all really great. He better get with it! I hope they get together though, all this drama is going to make it that much sweeter 3
DONTSAYMONKEY chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Go Anna! It's about time she gave him a piece of her mind. Can't wait for the next chapter : )
SyfyRomantic chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Simply terrific! I have to agree with everyone here: Anna gave Mr. Bates what he deserved. I'm sure there's a happy ending in it though. This is such a terrific start, and I'm EAGERLY awaiting more.
augrah chapter 1 . 6/1/2011

Of all the directions you could have gone, this is certainly the last thing I expected but I am LOVING it! What a brilliant idea and such a great start. Cheers to Anna for taking control of her life and not giving in. The man has to work for it! You have painted a beautiful scenario here and I am so excited to see where you go with it.

Also, The Lark and Rose? heehee :)

But I also echo Shippy Queen about the possibilities of a private little room with two free people. *wink wink*
frosty chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
ooooo this is intriguing! I like seeing Anna under these new circumstances and moving forward with her life. Bates is gonna have to stand outside her window with a boombox or something to make her change her mind! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.
TheShippyQueen chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Oh my dear that was fabulous!

What a super idea and I think you're right, war meant many changes for women and I can totally see Anna taking advantage of that!

I particularly cheered loudly when Anna gave him the dressing down he truly deserved, I mean how arrogant of him to assume she would drop everything and be with him now he deigns it to be so!

Although, I do love a happy ending and right now, thoughts of Anna's little room and what a forward thinking woman and a free man might get up to are running free around my mind! ;D

As always, I worship at your greatness!

45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3