Reviews for Counterbalance
Tressie chapter 8 . 5/6/2016
That was awesome. The whole scenario was inspired. Thanks for what was written. It made my recent binge rewatch of Fringe that much better.
Emeroni chapter 8 . 4/3/2015
Okay, so it's been three years since there have been any updates on this story, and of course that makes sense considering the series ended several years ago too. I was feeling nostalgic for Fringe and decided to come on here and see if I could find some decent stories to help curb my sadness... and then I found THIS and although it's outdated even in terms of the TV series being over, I really, really wish you would finish the story! I want more! Not sure where your life is at now or if you've completely moved on from this whole scene but I'm sure there are scores of other disappointed readers wishing you'd finished this story. Please consider coming back! Or even coming back with something post series finale! Whatever you choose, just wanted you to know you have a great writing style and are so talented with your characterization.
joujoy chapter 1 . 1/9/2015
seriously sad that this hasn't been updated in so long. i love this.
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 8 . 1/15/2014
It's too bad you never finished this. It's very intriguing.
Guest chapter 8 . 4/18/2013
Okay. This is amazing. I know it's been awhile, since this has been updated. But if you still write fanfiction and find time and a good muse, PLEASE WRITE MORE OF THIS! I'd love to read more!:)
xBBx chapter 8 . 4/20/2012
So I take it with the new series, you've left this story..? It'd be a shame it you have, 'cause it's got great potential as an AU..

Think on it ;)

BB
Zipa chapter 8 . 11/7/2011
I've only slept three hours last night but it was worth it. This fic is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait for what is coming up next. And 1 for bringing back Charlie and keeping Bell and Elizabeth alive in this timeline. I really love how you decided to bring Peter back even if sometimes I think Olivia isn't confused enough by all of this. Keep the good work you'e story is made of pure fringe gold.
Mayrose4 chapter 8 . 9/13/2011
I just found this story, and it was like watching one of the episodes of the series. So good! I could totally see this happening and the fact that you've added Charlie is so awesome, I've been hoping they revive him on this side in S4 for a while now.

There's just one eensy teensy thing that I have to point out (cause I'm a nitpicker that way, sorry), Peter's mother is Irish not English. But other than that this story is just perfect!

Can't wait for more.
restless-mess chapter 8 . 9/5/2011
I've just come back to this story and caught myself up and OH my god. Just as amazing as i remember. I was hooked with every passing chapter. I hope the first few eps of the season have even a dose of all the emotions you've got bottled up in thsi story. I can't wait to read more. Very well done.
Wednesday chapter 8 . 9/5/2011
I just found your amazing story, and it has blown my mind. The characterization of a not quite whole Olivia, and her interactions with Peter are heartwrenching and perfect, a fabulous blend of known and unknown. Thank you for writing such a thoughtful and fully fleshed story- can't wait to see more :)
wjobsessed chapter 8 . 9/2/2011
Nice chapter.

Love AltLinc chatting up our Liv.

And Astrid trying to "read" Liv.

And how Liv and Peter are getting more comfy with each other.

Especially love Liv getting emotional by "Pale Blue Eyes" playing in the bar, the song playing as she led Peter to bed in "6B."

One thing though, the Rosencrantz Building was in NYC, not Boston. But I'll pretend this is another Rosencrantz building.

Update again soon, please.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 8 . 9/1/2011
So good to see another update from you. I really liked the team dynamics that you had in this chapter; Olivia's maintained friendship with Charlie, Astrid and Lincoln's potential chemistry and of course Walter and Elizabeth's relationship that remains intact.

I also really liked the moments that Olivia shared with Peter; the two AM coffee wake-up with a Frank Sinatra tune was a nice touch. I'm glad that there's a friendship between Olivia and Astrid, those two still have some distance in the show and it's good to see Olivia have some female friends.

And Pale Blue Eyes? Nice, I really liked the emotion that it evoked from Olivia, such a strong feeling that she must get away from it.

Btw, I LOVED the reference to 6B ;)

Great work.

CP7
Misery's-Toll chapter 8 . 9/1/2011
OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THIS STORY. It is so incredibly fantastic! I don't think the writers of the show themselves could come up with a better storyline. Your characterizations are spot-on, you have the perfect combination of humor, romance, drama, and action. I especially love Lincoln. He's my favorite character in the show (and I was thrilled when blue-verse Lincoln showed up, but was so very sad that Olivia wasn't there to meet him), and you're writing him fabulously. I can't help but root for him, even though I'm also rooting for he and Olivia. Maybe he'll get a happy ending anyway?

I really can't wait for another chapter of this. I look forward to your next update!

-MT
Dixiegirl256 chapter 8 . 9/1/2011
I was so excited when I saw the story alert today! This has been one of my favorite "Peter comes back" stories, so I'm glad to see it cntinuing!

I like your vision of 'the world without Peter'.. and the way you're bringing him back.

And bravo for "Pale Blue Eyes"... nice touch.

Looking forward to the next chapter, thanks for writing!
WalterWalternate chapter 8 . 9/1/2011
Another excellent addition. There's something very Time Traveler's Wife and Journeyman about Peter's constant comings and goings in and out of Olivia's life. There's a romanticism about it that just resonates with me and makes this a comfortable and enjoyable read. Perhaps, it's my fascination with time travel, although that's exactly what's happening here.

It's good and at the same time too bad that the romance between Peter and Olivia seems to have stalled a bit, but for Peter, it's probably more important at the moment to bring her to a comfort level of having him be at times an interloper, but a welcome one. She's starting to miss him now, which is good, but is still quite unsure of how she wants/if she wants to proceed with someone whose presence is unpredictable. I think you've done a fantastic job of pacing the romantic aspect of the story.

You can hardly blame Olivia for finding Lincoln's interest in her intriguing. She's felt a hole in her life (nice teaser reference) for as long as she can remember and I'm sure it feels good to have the attention of a man. I'm glad that you used Pale Blue Eyes and not For Once In My Life, to break up the little spell Lincoln was trying to put Olivia under. I half-expected it to be Stevie, but Velvet Underground was a much more appropriate choice. Well done.