Reviews for Who Rings The Black Funeral Bell
Deinokos chapter 3 . 9/12/2014
What would I like to see from here...well, while I am somewhat disappointed this won't be a priority, oh well, that's life. I would, if just for pseudo-foreshadowing-ness, like to see Vash find out Wolfwood's real age. Preferably by accident.

I like the way you write them. :)
Singollo Lomien chapter 3 . 10/2/2013
I really like this story. First, there aren't enough gen friendship fics out there for Vash and Wolfwood. Second, it feels very in character. If Wolfwood had ever managed to tell Vash in the manga, I can see it being like this. Third, I like how you've blended the anime and manga. Finally, it is very well-written. If you ever continue this AU I will definitely read it (please write more), but I like how it works as a one-shot too.
KitElizaKing chapter 3 . 9/7/2012
Your story about these two men was lyrical and touching. It was also very informative, but that was just a side benefit of a very well thought-out story. They have such an unusual and complicated relationship, almost pre-sexual, but definitely the deepest friendship either of these men have ever shared in their lives. You hit that nail on the head almost precisely. Thanks so much for writing such a compelling story, and if you do ever write that next chapter, I'll be eager to read it.
D-Watson chapter 3 . 5/11/2012
What a pleasant surprise to see this updated, I was convinced it was a two-shot. Guess I should learn to read labels (or lack thereof) more carefully. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this just as much as the previous two chapters, and I'd be most interested in seeing whether Wolfwood's confession would ultimately reduce the intensity of hell everyone goes through by the end of the manga. Hell, even if it's just another chapter of the two of them sitting in the desert shooting the breeze - I'd be down with that, too, because your dialogue is just that sharp. Amusing, too. Except, you know, when it gets borderline tear-jerky, like that part about dying towards the end. All in all: please, sir, I want some more.

Also, pardon the couple of embarrassing typos at the end of my last review. Heh.
Celesma chapter 3 . 5/1/2012
Yay, an update! I appreciated how you highlighted the less sentimental/more tension-filled aspects of Vash and Wolfwood's relationship, while not diminishing the very real feelings that exist between them in any way. It's plain to see how things have changed because of the confession, but I feel like Wolfwood might be overestimating Vash's loss of faith in him (him being a product of cynicism/self-hatred and all). I don't know where you plan on taking this story, but if it includes more conversation pieces like this, I know I'll be satisfied. :)
Hiranya chapter 3 . 4/16/2012
New here-I really do love this story, since it shows how complex (and sometimes troubled) Vash and Wolfwood's relationship. I especially like how you depict Wolfwood's deep and abiding suspicion of the world, and of Vash-it's not easy trying to understand an idealist (or..an extremist, if one were to be cynical.)

But please continue! I don't know what you have planned for the next few chapters, but hopefully it'll be more conversation-centric snippets like this one, I don't think this would do well with heavy action scenes. Although I will be very curious to see if you do have something set at the moment of Wolfwood's end.
iamfaraway chapter 3 . 4/15/2012
Great chapter - Wolfwood finally got to learn more about Vash.

I didn't expect you to update! You always end on a good ending note. XD I'm glad you did. The introspection you do is really great. It sounds like Wolfwood. And Vash, when you jump into his head.

I wonder, though, if what Wolfwood believes is true: "Wolfwood knew then that he would never try to convince Vash to kill again." I don't know - I think that, in the canon and timeline you're working with, that he does keep trying to convince him to kill. But maybe it's not specifically to kill... I don't know.

I really love that Wolfwood realizes that Knives is saner than Vash. Because... he... kind of is. D But Knives is still on the loony side, so what does that really say about Vash? Heh.

I think Wolfwood does get to choose his own death in the end, so I'm really glad you included that.

Nice chapter! I'll wait patiently for the next one. :)
MoonClaimed chapter 3 . 4/11/2012
This was a wonderful chapter. The part: "And Wolfwood knew then that he would never try to convince Vash to kill again...His reason for not being Knives"-I LOVE that part. And it is so appallingly true, in so many different ways.

The line about Wolfwood being disowned was also great. What am I saying? This story is -swimming- in great lines.

I really hope you continue this! I was so excited when I saw the update, you have to let me experience that again! (hint, hint) I don't really have any suggestions to make though (besides for you to do more than 4 chapters, which I don't think counts...). Speaking of which, are you thinking of doing any other Tigun fanfiction?
MoonClaimed chapter 2 . 4/5/2012
Very cool story! I'm looking forward to more. D
D-Watson chapter 2 . 1/23/2012
Love your style, especially descriptions and dialogue. This really makes you wonder whether things would have turned out better for Wolfwood if he had more faith in Vash from the get-go. Then again, he certainly wouldn't have lived a particularly long and full life either way.

I love how you've sprinkled healthy amounts of both angst and humor onto this story, it's largely faithful to Trigun's writing. The insight into Wolfwood's head rings true, as well, at least for a Wolfwood who had time to get to know Vash before Fifth Moon. Those couple of anime episodes are definitely among my favorites. Think I'll go check out your other stuff now, yessss. Thanks got the goof read!
Dark Ichigo Kurosaki chapter 2 . 10/6/2011
Hiya.

Can't log into my account but still wanted to review this work, cause I'm a ran of Trigun, Kay? X3

I have seen up to episode 19 so if this is what happens, then it's a laugh because I say I hate spoilers. X3

But I really loved this. It was great and glad to read the (possible) spoiler from you than have a friend rant and ruin it.

The writing was so great, it makes me want to hear any spoiler from your fanfiction page. X3

Good luck and keep writing.

'This world is made on love and peace!' - Vash the Stampede
inkydoo chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
OH MY GOD. This was so good. You really understand the characters and the issues they're facing, and I can totally see this conversation going down just like this. Really, really great. I saw that Vash and Wolfwood were the main characters, and generally when Vash and Wolfwood appear in a story, in the middle of a desert, with no one else around, they're not typically dealing with issues of this magnitude, and I'm a totally VxM girl all the way... But...I saw that you were the author and I figured I would give it a chance. Well...THIS STORY WAS AWESOME AND I'M SO GLAD I CLICKED ON IT! I know I'm the LAST person who should be asking for someone else to write more, but I would love to see more of your thoughts on these two. You've done such a good job. :)
inkydoo chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Man, I saw you had written something new and had to check it out, and I am NOT disappointed! Lots of interesting stuff being thought about here! I love that you're working in the manga, and these are definitely topics that needed to be dealt with... I love how subtle the manga is, just hinting at the huge issues flowing right below the surface. From vols 2 to 10, you see a softening of both character's stances, but it is so freaking subtle. The only indication that Wolfwood is considering Vash's words after Rai Dei's execution is when he tries to talk to Vash in a hotel somewhere, but Vash isn't there. The only indication that Vash has started to count on Wolfwood's ability to kill is when he is lying in the hospital bed after confronting Leonof and Grey and he thanks Wolfwood. Then we see the results of their philosophical overhauls when Wolfwood finally confronts Chapel and saves Livio. Vash can do nothing while Wolfwood refuses to kill (in a most uncowardly fashion) in order to save Livio's life AND soul.

IT'S AMAZING AND I'M TOTALLY GEEKING OUT! SORRY!

Besides all the awesome points you've brought up, there is some awesome writing in here.

"They'd ridden, so far, as if the hounds of Hell were behind them (...), as if they might be late to the end of the world..."

Such a good line! There are other parts, too, but I have to go read the next chapter now!
Celesma chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
Whoa! This was an amazing installment. The dialogue was spot-on, and your writing style is wonderful. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next... Poor Vash. :C Poor Wolfwood, too.
iamfaraway chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
Hello again!

I absolutely love the introspection in this chapter. It's very well done, and I think it's very in-character. I've just recently re-read the manga chapter where Wolfwood tells Vash to shoot him (I think it's in Trigun Maximum vol 2), and I like that you've included the same sentiment in this.

I like your explanation for Vash's crazy long name - that he was going to make it an acronym-thing. Very funny. XD

And I love how Wolfwood reveals his "other name," and his reasoning for holding off on doing it. Your characterization is very well thought out. Vash's outburst is well done, too; "Because I can't find him! ...Because he's scary!"

has some trouble with really long words, so you might want to go back and check how Wolfwood's middle name worked out in the text. It's actually been completely cut out. I'm not sure how to solve this, but you might be able to do it by making Wolfwood breathe between some syllables. That would cut the word length down and might be able to handle it then. -_-

A couple of your sentences were too long and confusing in this chapter. I had trouble getting through this one: "A few more cackles and chuckles and the sight of Wolfwood, a little harried but amused by Vash's amusement, and the hilarity finally started to ease, and Vash picked himself up from where he'd slid in the throes of mirth and put his back against the stone again, still chuckling a little." Where's the main verb? o_O It's also a rather redundant sentence; you use "chuckle" and "amuse" more than necessary. Try to condense this sentence.

Also this part of a later sentence was confusing: "...why any of their time together when maybe it could just stay the same memories it had been if he didn't ask."

And I love this sentence, but I think it could do with some commas or more conjunctions... or something: "Wolfwood was using the children being held hostage for his good behavior as hostages to make Vash pretend this had never happened." XD Wolfwood is sneaky! Wut.

Bravo! I really liked this chapter. Your last paragraphs, as usual, are superb. And the last sentence is great; short and important. "He laughed until Vash laughed, too." Kinda sums up their relationship at the moment.

Also, great quotes! :) I love the Nietzsche one.

Is there going to be more of this? I always love reading Wolfwood and Vash stories, but again, if you stopped here, the fic would feel complete. :) Very nice work.