Reviews for Built for the road ahead
spycat chapter 1 . 2/1
Good job on getting down the characterization down pact. Loved the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
Hehe, liked this very much.
One line caught my eye: "Steve can rant longer and louder than Danny if he gets on a roll" Few people seem to notice this, but it's true! :)
Thanks
/B
Loopylou chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Love it. :)
inkspire chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Oh man. I officially love this story. :D And the one other I've read so far, your Danny is perfection. (Was the dream-vision-Desmond-flash one. :D I see what you did there, and I loved it. Also, that Chin was watching 'that show' when Danny woke up in the hospital. Heheh.) I also read your bio, and I really appreciate you saying you won't write slash. It's really hard to find H5O fics that have Steve and Danny in the same room together and have it not be slash. Your banter is perfection, btw. Especially the first scene here, I really liked the all the action intermixed with their banter. It felt like a scene from the show, with Danny yelling at Steve over the noise of the firefight, and the ammo/grenade in the glovebox, and it was just hilarious. :D And I saw it in my head while reading.

Also, Danny's poor Camaro. I LOVED that you kept that up through the whole story, because I wasn't sure what pattern you were going to reveal to Danno, and I found it hilarious and just great that so many bad guys owned Fords, and then that resulted in a lot of damage to his poor Camaro. And two of two stories so far have had Danny in the hospital, so, as awesome and well done as those scenes are (the bit with the dolphin was so sweet!), I hope poor Danny doesn't go for a perfect record in all your stories. He gets enough grief from Steve. Lol.

Just wanted to say, all your characterizations of everyone are great and humorous, and the dialogue/banter is smart, witty, and moves along quick enough that you aren't bantering for the sake of "LOOK, I HAVE BANTER!". (Alrighty, that word is now looking weird and losing meaning, lol.) Your action is awesome and clear, and your emotional scenes are definitely emotional, with the right balance of gravitas. In fact, I would even say I've enjoyed your two stories more than some of the actual episodes since Lori's come onto the show in season 2. They skip stuff weirdly, and the character interactions aren't always there. So, thank you for your contributions to this fandom! :D Definitely one of my fav authors I've read for all these guys.
h chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I reallt like your style and I have a song and a band you have please got to listen to. The band is Switchfoot, they are actually a Christian band though not many people know it, and the song is called "youth of the nation". I hope you do not totally hate because part of it is rapping; I just think it expresses a lot about things we usually try to ignore. No sexual content.
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
*lol* Now whenever I see a Ford I'll think of this story XDD
Pawthorn chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
I started reading your TMNT stories (which are brilliant- please please finish them). Then I decided to click on some of you more recent ones even though I don't watch the shows. Because of your stories, I now watch Hawaii 5-0. Please please please write more. of anything. Seriously. You are one of the few non-melodramatic, in-character, humor/seriousness balanced Christian writers on . So keep writing, OK? OK :)
Mokibobolink chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Such an awesome story! I couldn't help but to crack up at it, as my dad always had an aversion to Fords as well.

Beautifully written, the dialogue was spot on and I laughed out loud at least once or twice at Danny's gripes. You have him DOWN. LOL. Well done!

-Moki
crokettsgirl chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Very good story it had a lot of things in it including humor...I enjoyed it so much. Hope you write more. Sue
francis2 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
LOL. It really seems that Ford has the short straw on the franchise. And still, it's always the Camaro that gets hurt.

Love this!
star trek nutcase chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
This is such a freakin' creative and very funny idea for a story. It could only be funnier if it was actually on the actual show since they have gone overboard with product placement IMHO. I also really liked how you incorporated Danny's detective-ness (actually researching the Ford criminals idea). Great job.
darkorangecat chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story; loved how the cars came to represent the fight between good and evil. Great humor, hurt and comfort. A story I would definitely recommend to others.
Cheryl W chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I loved this! Great storyline, wonderful descriptions and I chuckled at Danny's prejudice against Fords! I'm always drooling over Danny's Camaro but now I'll have to pay attention to what the bad guys are driving.

And I skipped over to your bio and It's so cool you're a Christian! Me too! I really respect you for putting that in the bio and only writing things you believe in.

Keep up the great work.

Cheryl W.
jodm chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Danny's got good reason to be suspicious of Fords! And since the team all drive Chevvies, this story takes the Ford-Chevy rivalry one step further into real mayhem. Love the line about Steve being able to rant louder and longer than Dan! Great story.
Wah-Keetcha chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Hahahahaha awesome. My family is a die hard Chevy group but I ended up with a used Ford Escape due to it being in my price range an 4, so my SUV is the only Ford to ever be a resident in the driveway. Anyway, this story made me smile because A) I can see Danny making that connection and B) it was well written.

Great story all the way around.

Wah