Reviews for Darcy's Surprise
Gioia chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
I really love this little series of yours. What a perfect blending of books! I love how naturally different Elizabeth is, without feeling at all contrived or forced into this different world of dragons. I absolutely agree with your characterization of Taffy. He would be very shocked by this Elizabeth. Frankly, I am unsure if they would have been a good romantic match in this setting. I think a friendship between them would possibly do them both some good, though. Should you ever wish to continue this story, I would love to know more. Thank you!
misakigirl chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Your Darcy characterization is spot-on. IMO, what has happened is that fandom has softened Darcy's edges quite a lot. In fact, many fan fictions include small actions that for us, 21st century folk, sound quite logical and not at all scandalous, but that, sincerely, we cannot actually know whether they would have been or not canon (kisses and wedding night discussions between Darcy and Lizzy during engagement period, sharing the master's bed during marriage, Lizzy knowing about state management or interested in politics, etc.); all we know is that JA didn't mention them, but that they seem possible.

Besides, as you pointed out, Georgiana is a shy girl... and the only female Darcy actually knows. Obviously, if he's going to consider her as the norm for generalisation, the conclusion would be that women are weak and quite in need of protection.

Hope you'll continue the story. I can't conceive a Darcy/Lizzy pairing for this one, but I would be cool to read about Darcy's changing perception on the worth and character of women as he befriends Lizzy and him finally finding an outspoken gentlewoman to marry : )
Passing-Glance chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
I hope to GOD you continue this as a story! I would love to know what would happen next. Would you plan on pairing Elizabeth with Lawrence or with Darcy? How would things turnout over all? Very interesting concepts to explore. I hope to see more!
Njam chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
i loved this series best crossover great work i guessing your not going to continue it but if you did that would be great.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
I MUST go to the library and investigate these books!
HeavenSkye chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Ooh, can't wait to read the next one!
Jenny-Wren28 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
I loved this so much! I though Darcy was spot on & I do hope you post more to this series.
Lunaticflower chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I just reread this story and realized that I did not review jet. This is really one of my favorite crossovers ever! Some story's I remember because of the humor used or the special writing style. This story is written well but really excels in the combination of story's. I would love to read more of this crossover. Thank you for sharing this piece (and "Lieutenant Bennet's visit" to of course!)
Kitamu chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Oh wow, I'm so in love with this idea and story! Please continue!
LiningsOfSilver chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I really, really love this story! It makes so much sense and is very well written! will you be continuing it? please!
titpuce86 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
That's quite an interesting plot. We only see it periphically in the Temeraire books but it's true that it must have been very difficult for the female aviators to handle the huge difference between their position in the Corps and in the mainstream society. I quite liked your characterization and I totally agree with you: your Darcy is not that far from the canon one. Great job on this story.
Mac Ceallach chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
This story, and it's prequel, were beautifully written and characterized, and I thought Darcy's reaction was perfect, even though I love Darcy/Elizabeth. I'd love to see more in this 'verse, but you've left it at a good place. Thanks for writing!
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Let's say I can't imagine the marriage between THIS Darcy and THIS Elisabeth.
AngelicSentinel chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
The sad thing is I can actually see a romance happening. It would take a heck of a lot to get it going, but if canon Darcy can eventually marry a "barely tolerable" woman, than I can see how it would work out.

Thinking about the canon marriage proposal makes me giggle. If he had such a hard time accepting her then, I can't imagine. She's still a gentlemen's daughter, though.

I think, given enough time, Darcy would be able to stomach it. But maybe that is wishful thinking.

Thanks for writing such an intriguing notion. Now I'll never be able to read P&P the same ever again :)
MillionMoments chapter 1 . 9/17/2011