Reviews for The World According To Lena
Steff chapter 19 . 9/30/2011
I read this in like 3 hours! Once I start I cannot stop.

I totally adored it, I think it combined so many realistic things that are fair and completely possible.

Very good because it doesn't even brush the edges of predictability.

EXCELLENT.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 19 . 7/3/2011
I really love how you wrapped everything up. In what appeared to be a somewhat tumultuous connection between Karen and Will, it was great to end the story on a moment that carries some sweetness between them. I can't wait to see what you have in store next.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 18 . 7/3/2011
I love the way you started Karen out with a sense of boredom; this whole story highlights the way she deviates from the feelings that people think you're supposed to have over all of this, and this chapter was a great addition to that. And the way you led up to the ending was smart, not too much at once, but not so slow that it's not effective.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 17 . 6/29/2011
I loved the approach of Karen having second thoughts moments before she's about to give birth. It's obvious the pregnancy hasn't brought out the greatest emotions in her, but to bring that up again now was fantastic. Also, you've gotten amazing at taking away any prospect of a relationship between Karen and Will with such ease lol.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 16 . 6/27/2011
I feel like all throughout this story, I've just learned that you're really good at establishing relationships and all the emotions, or lack thereof, that go along with them before just completely shaking the foundation. This chapter is another excellent example of that. Of course, it just makes me more impatient for the next chapter lol. You've set up a great tension by the end that grabs a tight hold onto the reader's interest.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 15 . 6/26/2011
You can definitely feel the chill that has settled on their relationship here. You always could, on some level, but now that Will and Karen were in the same room, that feeling was so much stronger, and you handled it beautifully. And Karen telling him that she goes to Lamaze classes alone was like the cherry on the distance sundae lol. Excellent.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 14 . 6/24/2011
You are the queen of breaking my heart with these stories, haha. But it's a good thing to evoke any kind of feeling or emotion, it always means you're doing something right. And while you can easily see things that would help you side with Will, you can't help but take Karen's side. You've created a very compelling situation and I can't wait to see what unfolds next.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 13 . 6/24/2011
You seem to constantly find new ways to complicate their situation that I never quite expect. I love that you have Karen reconsidering the life she had with Stan. You almost never see that, I'm definitely guilty of constantly reverting to the whole "leaving and never looking back" scenario, and you different approach was incredibly realistic and in character. And to directly follow that up with Will's accident brings up a sort of guilt that wasn't necessarily expressed but has a way of being implied. It was great.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 12 . 6/20/2011
I loved this. The morning after was executed perfectly, with a sweetness about it even if what happened the night before was never discussed, even if there was a slight tinge of awkwardness. And the 180 of Jack telling Karen about Will's trip hits hard and you can really feel the effect of the news. It was great.
Benji chapter 12 . 6/19/2011
Great story so far. I like how Will pretends it's just another morning when Karen'd like him to see things differently.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 11 . 6/18/2011
I really liked the idea behind this chapter, the fact that even though Karen is getting what she wants, there are still notions that challenge it. I love that you included the fact that she was a rebound from Vince; it was a fleeting sentence, but strong enough to resonate throughout their actions, adding vivid complexity to the situation. Excellent.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 10 . 6/18/2011
You captured the confusion in Karen perfectly here. Of course Will's actions were going to set of a certain chain of thoughts, especially since it's obvious that Karen has some sort of unresolved attraction to him, which makes the fact that he pulls away all the more devastating. Well done.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 9 . 6/15/2011
I love how this gives off the feel of Grace very, very slowly warming up to the pregnancy. You can still feel how stiff she is, but there's at least one crack in the foundation. And Will going off with Vince on a date was a great move to drive the fact home that there is no romantic connection, at least not so far. This was great.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 8 . 6/15/2011
I loved Karen's apprehension about her pregnancy. It's so typical to fall into the happy and more positive feelings about it while writing, but this is such a great way to handle it. And while Grace's reaction was rough but expected, Karen's defense was fantastic.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 7 . 6/12/2011
I really liked the way you introduced the pregnancy here, little hints alluding to it in the first part, cutting right to the chase with Will in the second. There really isn't any other way I would imagine Karen telling him, it seemed incredibly of her character to do it like that. Excellent.