Reviews for Inside Man
ChristyWIX chapter 38 . 10/21/2016
I like that he called her his girlfriend. Her tensing at the title definitely had me worried. However, she chose a route I did not expect and accepted the title. I really liked that Jasper seemed to warm up a bit to Edward and they started talking. It was a good conversation too. I love the addition of Alice. She seems really fun and very nice. She didn't judge Bella in the least and that was wonderful. Loved that Bella is now giddy over her relationship with Edward, enhanced by Alice.
ChristyWIX chapter 37 . 10/20/2016
Ha! They popped the air mattress. Good times. I love that he caught her looking and teased her. Loved the double entendre of looking under the sheet. Could be looking at his peen or, could be looking at his tat. We know she was searching out his tat and he did too. Funny stuff. His worrying that she rejected him, when she was just needing to go to class. I hope she can explain it to him, if he even asks, which he won't. Jake was funny in this too. I'm glad they were hugging and kissing again at the end of the chapter. What a wonderful thing that Carlisle has done for Edward, with his schedule and entrusting him to lock up. I wondered if he remembered to lock up, and that was answered here. Whoops! I don't think Edward could live with Jasper, as he most likely will want to have alcohol in his home and Edward can't. Plus, who knows if Jasper endulges in any type of drugs. He can't have that around either. No, I don't think that'll pan out. That's if Bella even wants him to leave. Wonder if Renèe would buy Bella a bed? I bet she would if she knew she was sleeping on a popped air mattress on the floor.
ChristyWIX chapter 36 . 10/20/2016
I adored this chapter. I really loved how very playful,they were all. Through dinner and the movie. Him taking Bella to his work, was such a very sweet gesture on Carlisle's part. Him playing for her, was beautiful. Loved that they grew closer. I was very surprised by the end of the chapter. I did not expect that anytime soon. Very pleasant surprise. I hope there is more than one condom. Edward hasn't been with anyone in nearly twelve years. That's a very long time.
ChristyWIX chapter 35 . 10/20/2016
Jake was sweet in this one. Making sure that Bella was okay sleeping with Edward in her room. Even offering to leave and go back home. I'm glad he pointed out that she was jumpy around Edward. It made me wonder if Edward has noticed. It hasn't been mentioned when in his head. I really liked that he asked her out for Valentine's Day and she said yes. Yay! Then they snuggled close and fell asleep together. Very much liked that a lot. What I didn't like is that Rose is not taking no for an answer. The way she acted in this chapter, I didn't like at all. I sincerely hope she changes her aggressive behavior and quickly. He's said to her, several times, that he's not interested and that there is someone.
ChristyWIX chapter 34 . 10/20/2016
I really like Carlisle and his persuasion to get Edward to talk to him. Letting him know he can be honest with him and not be judged. Rose was interesting and I liked her. Not sure if she'll keep trying for Edward. I hope not, as that'll make me stop liking her. Renèe was a hoot. I really liked her. I was sad to learn that Edward did not tell the whole story to Officer Chase. That means that Charlie will come after Edward all over again until he gets what he wants most, him away from Bella. That'll hurt my heart if he succeeds.
ChristyWIX chapter 33 . 10/20/2016
I absolutely love that Edward found Cullen's Chamber. What a wonderful happenstance. Edward got scared there for a minute, when Carlisle confronted him, trying to bolt. Then, he knew his name! The whole situation with Bella taking the bed and TV back to Charlie's and him being there, was really scary. It was a really good thing to learn he was suspended for what he did. I really liked that Bella stood up for Edward. Telling him he had no idea what kind of man he was. Then telling him he should be more worried about what she tells the police. Throwing the shit on the lawn. I liked it. Learning that Edward got a job and that Carlisle was thrilled that he got to meet Edward again. Promising him forty hours a week, is wonderful, too. And, it a very established business, that's expanding. Very nice. Poor Bella, I'm glad she's got both Jake and Edward to lean on. Whenever I see the name James in a story, I worry. Please let this one be a good guy. Not someone out to hurt Edward. He's already had a rough life. He's finally turning it around and he just got a job. I hope Esme and Carlisle meet ;)
ChristyWIX chapter 32 . 10/20/2016
I like that Jake cleared things up for Edward, even if he doubts him. I also really like that Jake seems to be more and more accepting of Edward. Dare I say, even getting nicer to him. How long does Edward have to be on parole? Why is he even on parole? His sentence was fully served at eleven years. He's done his time, now he can live his life. Why does he even need to stay in Seattle? He doesn't. Again, time served. When Bella finishes this last semester of hers, she'll be a graduate. Why not move back to Arizona with Edward, to be closer to her mom? Charlie doesn't deserve Bella any longer. She can send him a letter every once in a while and be done. Loved that she wanted to kiss him this time. That she did kiss him. Bella was all over the map in this one and I don't blame her. This is very tough on her. She may need to speak to Esme and get a counselor for herself.
ChristyWIX chapter 31 . 10/20/2016
He needs to press charges. Esme needs to see Edward, before he heals. I don't like that he sugar coated it to Bella or Esme. What's to stop Charlie from doing it again? Nothing. He's lost his mind. I would be okay with Charlie being angry, I'd understand that. This, this was a whole different thing. The gun, cocked to the back of his head, the handcuffs, the beating. So disgusting. Poor Edward had done nothing wrong, nothing. He's got to be so scared of what's going to happen. I'm glad he called Esme and she told him he can't leave. It's exactly what Charlie wants, so he can throw him back in prison. Thankfully, Esme is truly on Edward's side.
ChristyWIX chapter 30 . 10/20/2016
I knew he'd blow up but, I never expected him to assault Edward, lock him in handcuffs for hours and throw him in a fucking squad car, haul his ass to the station, all for no reason. He crossed a major line and Edward has the right to sue the city for this. He has no way of getting medical help, nor was he given any. I'm severely disgusted with Charlie right now. This was beyond father protecting his daughter. This was malicious and evil. What a disgusting man.
ChristyWIX chapter 29 . 10/20/2016
I love your choice of character for his parole officer. Esme was wonderful. I've never seen her portrayed in a role like this before. It's fantastic. I hope Bella takes her up on the offer of help if she needs any. It was good to hear she is there for both of them.
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 10/20/2016
This has turned into such a very sad tale all of the sudden. Very crunchy situation. I know Edward has a very long adjustment period ahead of him. Lots of things happen in a decade, so he'll have to learn everything that did. I'm glad was civil towards Edward, albeit reluctantly. He stayed well past his welcome, too. Seems it'll be an adjustment to Jake as well. I hope he doesn't run to, or into, Charlie and mentions this. All hell will break loose.
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 10/20/2016
This is exactly why I wanted him to insist on going to the halfway house instead. She is in over her head. He feels so much for her, because of everything she did for him. He needs therapy to wrap his head around the generosity. I don't think this is going to go well at all. I am hoping for the best though. She just placed him firmly in the friend zone too. As she should've done as they were driving home. She can change her mind later on. Hopefully, won't have to read these two with other people though. Eleven years is a very long time to go without sex for anyone. He may seek a release from another, knowing where she just placed him.
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 10/20/2016
Okay, I am extremely happy he got out, yay. I am terribly disappointed in Bella offering up her home to him. I would've much rather she let him go to the halfway house and them build something up from friendship to more. This will be a nightmare. She was already struggling on where the boundaries were between them, right before that phone call. Her dad is going to flip his effing lid. No, no, no, no, noooooo. Such a very bad idea if they have a hope in hell of surviving this and actually becoming a couple, which is what I want for them, living together without knowing each other at all is a very bad idea. Not to mention when prisoners come out after long stints, they have a lot of issues with not being regulated. No, that halfway house was where he should've gone. I hope he realizes this before he goes to the parole board and chooses there instead. Writing her a letter to explain that he appreciates the gesture, the halfway house is the better way for now. That they need to get to know each other properly first. Charlie is going to kill him.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 10/20/2016
Wow, it has really been a very long time waiting to hear back from the parole board. I suppose that is normal though. Scary that his father just turned him away when he called for help. His father had to have been curious enough about the charges and still did nothing. I am sure Edward's mother was rolling in her grave over what transpired. I can understand his father being at his wits end but, to remove all of his stuff from the home and turn his room into a study is plain cruel. He really has had a crappy life. Albeit mostly of his own doing. I have heard the very same fear from others that have been addicted to pain killers. If anything happens and they need it again, how do they deal with it? It isn't easy.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 10/20/2016
I imagine those phone cards to be really expensive. Having that connection to an outside person, has to be worth so much to the men inside. Since prisons are privatized, they probably take advantage of that and gouge them unnecessarily. I have no idea, having never known anyone in prison. Well, my Pop-Pop was a guard for nearly thirty years at Lompoc FCI, so I knew him but, that is very different. He was very respected by the inmates. That is a very bad crime prison. I was sad that she had his music played. I was really hoping it would be him playing it the first time. On the flip side of that, he got to hear his own music playing through the phone.
12,733 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »