Reviews for Inside Man
ChristyWIX chapter 33 . 10/20/2016
I absolutely love that Edward found Cullen's Chamber. What a wonderful happenstance. Edward got scared there for a minute, when Carlisle confronted him, trying to bolt. Then, he knew his name! The whole situation with Bella taking the bed and TV back to Charlie's and him being there, was really scary. It was a really good thing to learn he was suspended for what he did. I really liked that Bella stood up for Edward. Telling him he had no idea what kind of man he was. Then telling him he should be more worried about what she tells the police. Throwing the shit on the lawn. I liked it. Learning that Edward got a job and that Carlisle was thrilled that he got to meet Edward again. Promising him forty hours a week, is wonderful, too. And, it a very established business, that's expanding. Very nice. Poor Bella, I'm glad she's got both Jake and Edward to lean on. Whenever I see the name James in a story, I worry. Please let this one be a good guy. Not someone out to hurt Edward. He's already had a rough life. He's finally turning it around and he just got a job. I hope Esme and Carlisle meet ;)
ChristyWIX chapter 32 . 10/20/2016
I like that Jake cleared things up for Edward, even if he doubts him. I also really like that Jake seems to be more and more accepting of Edward. Dare I say, even getting nicer to him. How long does Edward have to be on parole? Why is he even on parole? His sentence was fully served at eleven years. He's done his time, now he can live his life. Why does he even need to stay in Seattle? He doesn't. Again, time served. When Bella finishes this last semester of hers, she'll be a graduate. Why not move back to Arizona with Edward, to be closer to her mom? Charlie doesn't deserve Bella any longer. She can send him a letter every once in a while and be done. Loved that she wanted to kiss him this time. That she did kiss him. Bella was all over the map in this one and I don't blame her. This is very tough on her. She may need to speak to Esme and get a counselor for herself.
ChristyWIX chapter 31 . 10/20/2016
He needs to press charges. Esme needs to see Edward, before he heals. I don't like that he sugar coated it to Bella or Esme. What's to stop Charlie from doing it again? Nothing. He's lost his mind. I would be okay with Charlie being angry, I'd understand that. This, this was a whole different thing. The gun, cocked to the back of his head, the handcuffs, the beating. So disgusting. Poor Edward had done nothing wrong, nothing. He's got to be so scared of what's going to happen. I'm glad he called Esme and she told him he can't leave. It's exactly what Charlie wants, so he can throw him back in prison. Thankfully, Esme is truly on Edward's side.
ChristyWIX chapter 30 . 10/20/2016
I knew he'd blow up but, I never expected him to assault Edward, lock him in handcuffs for hours and throw him in a fucking squad car, haul his ass to the station, all for no reason. He crossed a major line and Edward has the right to sue the city for this. He has no way of getting medical help, nor was he given any. I'm severely disgusted with Charlie right now. This was beyond father protecting his daughter. This was malicious and evil. What a disgusting man.
ChristyWIX chapter 29 . 10/20/2016
I love your choice of character for his parole officer. Esme was wonderful. I've never seen her portrayed in a role like this before. It's fantastic. I hope Bella takes her up on the offer of help if she needs any. It was good to hear she is there for both of them.
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 10/20/2016
This has turned into such a very sad tale all of the sudden. Very crunchy situation. I know Edward has a very long adjustment period ahead of him. Lots of things happen in a decade, so he'll have to learn everything that did. I'm glad was civil towards Edward, albeit reluctantly. He stayed well past his welcome, too. Seems it'll be an adjustment to Jake as well. I hope he doesn't run to, or into, Charlie and mentions this. All hell will break loose.
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 10/20/2016
This is exactly why I wanted him to insist on going to the halfway house instead. She is in over her head. He feels so much for her, because of everything she did for him. He needs therapy to wrap his head around the generosity. I don't think this is going to go well at all. I am hoping for the best though. She just placed him firmly in the friend zone too. As she should've done as they were driving home. She can change her mind later on. Hopefully, won't have to read these two with other people though. Eleven years is a very long time to go without sex for anyone. He may seek a release from another, knowing where she just placed him.
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 10/20/2016
Okay, I am extremely happy he got out, yay. I am terribly disappointed in Bella offering up her home to him. I would've much rather she let him go to the halfway house and them build something up from friendship to more. This will be a nightmare. She was already struggling on where the boundaries were between them, right before that phone call. Her dad is going to flip his effing lid. No, no, no, no, noooooo. Such a very bad idea if they have a hope in hell of surviving this and actually becoming a couple, which is what I want for them, living together without knowing each other at all is a very bad idea. Not to mention when prisoners come out after long stints, they have a lot of issues with not being regulated. No, that halfway house was where he should've gone. I hope he realizes this before he goes to the parole board and chooses there instead. Writing her a letter to explain that he appreciates the gesture, the halfway house is the better way for now. That they need to get to know each other properly first. Charlie is going to kill him.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 10/20/2016
Wow, it has really been a very long time waiting to hear back from the parole board. I suppose that is normal though. Scary that his father just turned him away when he called for help. His father had to have been curious enough about the charges and still did nothing. I am sure Edward's mother was rolling in her grave over what transpired. I can understand his father being at his wits end but, to remove all of his stuff from the home and turn his room into a study is plain cruel. He really has had a crappy life. Albeit mostly of his own doing. I have heard the very same fear from others that have been addicted to pain killers. If anything happens and they need it again, how do they deal with it? It isn't easy.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 10/20/2016
I imagine those phone cards to be really expensive. Having that connection to an outside person, has to be worth so much to the men inside. Since prisons are privatized, they probably take advantage of that and gouge them unnecessarily. I have no idea, having never known anyone in prison. Well, my Pop-Pop was a guard for nearly thirty years at Lompoc FCI, so I knew him but, that is very different. He was very respected by the inmates. That is a very bad crime prison. I was sad that she had his music played. I was really hoping it would be him playing it the first time. On the flip side of that, he got to hear his own music playing through the phone.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 10/20/2016
I really liked how straightforward she was in this letter. The way she told him about her dad and to remember that he went out of his way to get her in sooner. It means a lot, if Charlie did that. Makes me wonder if he knows there was a lot more to Edward's story than what was in his file in black and white.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 10/20/2016
Hmmm, I worry that if Edward and Bella become closer, once he is out, and they come across this Paul, that he may start something with Edward. That would not be good in the least. Especially since Edward would be on parole and this would send him to finish out his time. Hopefully, Bella is smart and tells this Paul to take a hike before Edward even gets out of prison. The ostrich approach that women pull has always bugged me. Her ignoring that type of man, Paul, will only piss him off further and cause a bigger problem for her later. I know this because I had a stalker when I was twenty. An ex that wouldn't leave me alone. This was long before any laws existed to help the victims. Those were eight of the worst months of my life. I did finally get him taken off to jail, he didn't serve time, except the three days they held him. However, he did leave me alone after that, thankfully. So scary. I digress.
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 10/20/2016
When Charlie read Edward's file, and I know he did, you didn't even need to put that in the story . . . I hope that he understands better than most police do. Also, even though it is a private correspondence, it would be really good for Bella to share this particular letter with Charlie. Of course, that isn't necessary but, it is something I would do. Just to show her father the kind of man Edward is. That he did choose to answer the questions that Charlie fired off at Bella out of concern. Such awful luck that he had the gun on him. Worse luck that the drug dealer he robbed, his dad was a lawyer. I do have to say though, that him being arrested and sent to prison may have been the right thing for his drug addiction. It allowed him time away from the drugs and to get clean. The extra time, helped him understand the path he was on was the wrong one. I bet he never even called his father to ask for help. Not that he would have given the help, from the sound of their strained relationship. The time he was given sounds legit with your bottom a/n. Still it makes you wonder why not time off for good behavior?
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 10/20/2016
Wow, that was powerful. I rather liked that it was that way. That they barely had any words. It was beautiful in a way.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 10/20/2016
I really liked the thoughtfulness that went into this letter she wrote him. She has every right to know all of this before coming to visit with him. I rather like that she is the one asking things from (of?) him, as it is the opposite of what Charlie thought Edward was doing to Bella.
12,743 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »