Reviews for First Try: Team 7
demonicKitsune2 chapter 26 . 7/21
I guess Neji doesn't change in this story, or at least from this fight.
ChimamireNoBara22 chapter 43 . 7/6
This fanfic is epic! You are doing a marvelous job weaving your version of the story while still holding the integrity of the original :D
RayvnAshes2 chapter 27 . 7/5
Heh, can't wait to see Orochimaru's reaction to his 'future vessel' being covered in garbage.
Though, it'll have to wait for tomorrow, because I need sleep. Badly.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 26 . 7/5
That is rather unexpectedly unyouthful of Lee. I guess his priorities are a bit skewed now that there was a possibility he'd face Neji in the finals.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 24 . 7/5
*talks slowly*
Yes, Sasuke, an attitude problem. Surely you're at least THAT self-aware?
RayvnAshes2 chapter 23 . 7/5
*cackles*
Oh, god. Does this count as Tetsuo breaking the no-more-cons agreement with his wife? Either way, this was perfect!
*reads further*
Wait a minute...he tricked Naruto into signing an apprenticeship contract?
That son of a bitch. What happened to what he told Kakashi?! Obviously going over Naruto's head with this shit (that SO doesn't count as getting his consent) isn't the way to worm your way into his heart!
At least Kakashi wasn't trying to take him out of Konoha (where he can at least still see his old sensei and teammates.)
And goddamnit, the Sandaime is just as guilty! With that crystal ball, there's no way he doesn't know what actually happened, and he damn well knew with Kakashi, too.
He's the one who kept them away from Naruto in the first place, and they're the ones who listened, so they should let NARUTO decide whether or not he wants them in his life. Stupid S-Class secret regarding Minato being his father just fucked everything up.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 22 . 7/5
Figures even Jiraiya can see where Kakashi went/is going wrong with Naruto. Though if he IS the old pervert Suzume had to deal with in the beginning, his own meeting with Naruto probably won't go as well as he's hoping...
God, Kakashi REALLY needs to take a hint.
And Sasuke needs to get over his inferiority complex and realize that, contrary to what he now seems to believe (and he was such a good kid before the massacre), he isn't the center of the world.
Also, yay, Tetsuo-sensei!
RayvnAshes2 chapter 21 . 7/5
Lee versus Kakuro? Oh, yay! Now he actually has a chance and probably won't be horribly mutilated (by both himself and Gaara) during the finals. Unless it gets to the second round, of course.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 17 . 7/5
*cackles* Love Zabuza's nightmare about any future kids he might have with Mei.
Also: AW! I love how Gaara's so fond of Teuchi already he's already decided to save him and bring him to Suna. Which of course would mean bring Ayame, too...
Actually, you haven't mentioned her at all, that I recall anyway. Does she even exist in this story?
Also, I can't believe Kakashi STILL seems to have no faith in his students. Sasuke? Sure, since the exams include teamwork. Sakura? Sure, because she only just started taking things seriously. Naruto? What the hell is he on? Isn't it commonly acknowledged that Naruto is Chuunin in all but name?
God, I guess prodigies won't acknowledge talent or skill from anyone but another prodigy. Or at least the Konoha prodigies.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 16 . 7/5
...Did Mei just 'propose' to Zabuza? Well, if he accepts, that should stop her lamenting about not having a husband. Though I'm sure he'd give her other reasons to complain.
Huh. For once, I'm kind of liking Baki. Not that we've seen much of him yet in this story. But at least he seems to be good-humored.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 15 . 7/5
Good question, Hokage-sama!
Naruto's just gifted like that, I guess.
Though you'd think it'd be Iwa or Kumo he'd have issues with, considering Kumo kidnapped Kushina and Minato slaughtered Iwa in the war.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 14 . 7/5
Holy shit. Danzou is behind Gato?! And here I thought he could sink lower...
*snicker* The ROOT guy's call sign was a swear? Geez, you'd think Danzou would be smarter than that, at least.
Yay Tenzo! Though it sucks the guy had cyanide (or something.)
Love how both Kakashi and Genji are just like 'fuck it, I'll let the Kage deal with this shitstorm.'
RayvnAshes2 chapter 13 . 7/5
Ooh, I hadn't even realized Mito's children could inherit the whisker birthmarks like Naruto's kids did. Guess it depends on if she had them before or after becoming a Jinchuuriki. If they did, it doesn't seem like something that would be passed further down the line, as Tsunade and her brother didn't have them...
On the other hand, I'm now amused that Sasuke now seems completely sure that Naruto is already successor to the Hokage, despite everything. Again, this kid just LOVES jumping to conclusions, doesn't he?
I mean, obviously he has a point about the connection between the Nidaime, Sandaime, the Yondaime Hokage, and now Kakashi (*cough* who becomes Hokage after Tsunade who ALSO fits the pattern *cough*), but still.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 8 . 7/5
'...despite the fact that someone had seemed to have gotten there first.'
Well no fucking duh, Kakashi. Wow, he's really in denial here, isn't he? Maybe if he would give Naruto a reason to respect him and, I don't know, APOLOGIZE for fucking up his career and the team he loved, he'd be more willing to put in some effort.
RayvnAshes2 chapter 4 . 7/5
Poor Naruto. Still being blamed for things that aren't his fault.
Though I'm glad the people Sasuke overheard whispering about him weren't insulted, just confused at why an obviously Chuunin-level shinobi wasn't taking the exams.
On the other hand, Tazuna related to the Uzumaki clan, by blood or otherwise? I don't actually think I've seen that before.
1,704 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »