Reviews for First Try: Team 7
TangyCitrus chapter 37 . 6/1/2015
Zabuza's thoughts on his future child and the things he has to do for his wife never fail to make me laugh. :P
TangyCitrus chapter 34 . 6/1/2015
oh boy, just when sasuke was becoming a better person and changing for a good reason, he regresses or is forced back. i hope he didn't go back too much or else there might not be a saving grace for him.
TangyCitrus chapter 33 . 6/1/2015
oho~ so sasuke calls naruto by name now and he's on his way to warn naruto of the danger he's in and the people after him, not to get his revenge as his only nor most important goal.

sucks for Gai though, having to be the one to chase after him and take him back to Konoha.
TangyCitrus chapter 31 . 6/1/2015
i was kind of hoping the sandaime wouldn't die because though he has his faults and he didn't always make the best decisions, he has a place in my heart and also because he was precious to Naruto. Seeing Naruto hurt isn't fun and doesn't make me happy and hearing he lost it and went crazy on a wide area of forest, it's sad to imagine and i sympathize with him.

i love all the interesting bits you add about others, put things in their perspective or we see them as spectators, the parts about the other kages, the radio, and whatever else so it's not concentrated in one area or on just a few people. of course the main characters are still the focus and the main characters, but we get to see or learn what else is going on elsewhere with other characters we've come across.
TangyCitrus chapter 30 . 6/1/2015
Hm, I just love that part with Kakashi talking to Sasuke and telling him what he really thought about him and tried to get Sasuke to think, to possibly change.

aaw, Gaara. you poor wittle baby panda - or should it be raccoon?- please tell me he'll stay alive and he'll be back and he and Naruto can try and BE friends next time. i've always loved their friendship and the bromance they developed, it'd be a shame for it to not happen here. although the fight between the two seemed a little anticlimatic and easy to me, it was still good and held meaning.
TangyCitrus chapter 29 . 6/1/2015
oh boy, here we go!

ooh, i see some people are unhappy or angry about Kakashi training him similar to Lee and that Sasuke is using that in the finals.

on another note, freakin' Sasuke and his arrogance, his feeling of entitlement to anything he wanted, his frequent jealousy fits, his undeserving of being taught the chidori and not being thankful or respectful to Kakashi for teaching it to him let alone for the month long of one-on-one training he got too.

Haku and Zabuza are on their way to Konoha? why exactly? maybe to be there in person to congratulate or consolidate Naruto if he won or lost?

i can't believe someone made a bet that the chunin exam will "end in an invasion prior to the completion of the finals" but they sure did win quite the hefty amount of money

dang itachi. his dark is just below the surface waiting for the status of Konoha and if he needs to get murderous.
TangyCitrus chapter 28 . 6/1/2015
hahahaha Akatsuki. really. sometimes they just don't seem like a threat.

i love all the support and well-wishers or betters for Naruto. I wonder how they'll all react to the news of the attack on Konoha or if the radio will just be cut off and they're left to worry and wonder what happened.
TangyCitrus chapter 27 . 6/1/2015
yay Lee beat Kankuro!
wow, Sakura, superficial and shallow much?
i see Sasuke still has an attitude problem and that it might have gotten worse.
Sucks for Kakashi who has to put up with sasuke and is feeling sad and frustrated with his relationship, or lack of, with Naruto. Is Sakura giving him grief or problems too?
Poor Neji. I think he would have turned out better and not have become the hateful, "Fate" believing, pathetic asshole he is if his uncle had given him the letter from his father way earlier, when he should have. I hope he takes naruto's words to heart and changes himself as soon as possible. Unlike sasuke, the idiot.
Shikamaru is always so smart and lazy and amusing. Naruto's "you got paid?!" XP
whoo Sakura! glad to see she put up a great fight and used what she's learned effectively.
once again, sasuke with that belittling nature of his and not even changing his opinion much on Sakura after seeing her fight.
he seriously needs an attitude adjustment.
TangyCitrus chapter 26 . 6/1/2015
YEAH! Way to go Naruto!

the last line made me chuckle and shake my head at Neji.
TangyCitrus chapter 25 . 6/1/2015
ZABUZA'S HAVING A BABY! and he can't just hand the baby over to haku to take care of or else his wife will beat the crap out of him. ahhhaha XD

that was a funny story about Yamanaka-san! I can't believe he did that. :P

woohoo! the finals are finally happening! i can't to see what happens! oh yeah, the war too, but i have this strange thought that Gaara will refuse to get all Bijuu psycho and when asked why, he'll say "Ramen." but of course that's not going to happen, so i'm wondering if anything or what will be different from canon.
TangyCitrus chapter 24 . 6/1/2015
ah! he remembered! i wonder what prank he'll do to Jiraiya?

ahahaha oh it's so hilarious and good to hear Sasuke has an attitude and all the reasons why he wasn't allowed to graduate early and that he's shocked by that revelation.

OH, my god. Neji and his "Fate". Hopefully he learns or someone tells him why his Branch Family relatives are skirting around him otherwise he could be like or worse than Sasuke and if he doesn't, then he's not going to get far.

yay~ more gaara parts! this time with added ramen, iruka, naruto, and Tetsuo!

how do use the Academy basics and turn them into art? we'll get to see in the finals, right? i'm liking how you redeemed and made Sakura better as a person and kunoichi slowly and not out of nowhere. i hope she grows to greater heights and doesn't revert back to useless fangirl again.

i forgot to say that the bit with Gai saying Lee is possibly a distant relative cracked me up. those two were always funny and quite embarrassing but likable so I like getting little parts about them.

haha of course naruto would get Hinata orange flowers, but how many flowers are of that color that he could make a bouquet out of or was it just a lot of one or two types with others put in?
ooh~ Hinata is getting better and warmer treatment from her father even though she lost but the poor girl doesn't know what to do and think of it and believes it to be a dream. I hope her dad does something like that again when she's not on medicated drugs and knows it to be real.

off to the next chapter! but before that, as i'm not sure i said it since the 1st chapter and not even then: thank you for writing and sharing this! take care and have fun! :P
TangyCitrus chapter 23 . 6/1/2015
i love that little backstory about Jiraiya and his reasons for not raising Naruto, that he was unwilling to leave him, and he's trying to help him now to make up for some of it without force and in a better manner than kakashi did. Except, how will Naruto take to that apprenticeship since it'll mean having to leave or being taken from Tetsuo-sensei again? Also, will he remember Jiraiya as the pervert who peeped on Suzume on that one mission of hers and what will he do if he does?
A question i have though is why couldn't Jiraiya use a genjutsu on Naruto like Tsunade uses to keep herself looking young?
Poor kakashi though, i understand what he feels and what he wanted, but he definitely went about it all wrong and quite selfishly, not to mention he naively thought it would all be okay and he could fix all if not most of the things that went or were going wrong after. What can he do to build a bond with Naruto and get called Kakashi-sensei with respect and love from Naruto?
Theralion chapter 30 . 5/8/2015
Even considering Sasuke's portrayed as even more of a jerk here, I can't help but feel as though the narrative and other characters are disproportionately harsh on him in this case. In canon, Kakashi's appropriately stern with Sasuke about the risks of using Chidori too much, but he doesn't go so far as to say no one would mourn him if he'd died, which is an utterly cruel thing to say.

The fic also forgoes a nice moment for Sasuke from canon, in which he stands up and tells Naruto to save Sakura while he distracts Gaara, even though if he does so, Gaara will almost certainly kill him. Sasuke's decision is made so that he won't lose any more comrades; perhaps things would have been very different for him if he hadn't run into Itachi when he did.

Instead, he lies on the ground after his third Chidori fizzles and laments how Sakura and Naruto were willing to face Gaara for his sake. One has to wonder when he will, in this series, get a chance to shine, showing a comparable degree of skill and competence to canon.

On a side note, it's also unfortunate that Naruto's choosing to spare Gaara is largely out of an unwillingness to kill him, rather than sympathy for his similar circumstances; one would think that even a more traumatized Naruto would have a bit more empathy and capacity for forgiveness than this. Similarly, Gaara despairing that he'll never be forgiven is somewhat depressing, somewhat reminiscent of the description of The Atoner on TV tropes (to sum that up, "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.")

The battle also seemed to be almost skimmed over, focusing too much on the internal monologue. That's all well and good, and I do often write about characters' thoughts and feelings in my battle scenes, but at the same time, the action parts shouldn't come off as afterthoughts.
The Halfa Wannabe chapter 9 . 3/17/2015
I love how you've characterised Sasuke in this chapter. How he doesn't just blow Hakuoff but actuakly thinks about it and what it would mean to find a precious person. Kudos
WhistlesOfTin chapter 5 . 1/24/2015
See, it's little things like the description of various hand sign languages that make your stories wonderful. It adds so much depth without feeling contrived and annoying.
1,758 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »