Reviews for First Try: Team 7
Selonianth chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
lol. Jiraiya cons them back not realizing that he can get counter-doubleconned by Naruto just learning the seals from Kakashi. Nice.
jikap chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
I like your story :3

While you follow cannon a bit too much in my opinion, leaving this fic not quite up to par with First Try (the prequel), I do like that you change things around enough to make things interesting.

I like how well written the characters and their reactions are in this fic, with the exception being Kakashi and his unnatural obsession with teaching Naruto. It's a bit overdone... He had his flaws pointed out to him by Jiraya, let him learn his lesson soon and don't drag the issue further on please.

You also bring a good point in why Jiraya left Naruto alone all these years, one that I've never even considered at all. This could very well have applied to the cannon story as well.

All in all, I look forward to reading more of this. :)
VLight chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
Totally severing Naruto from Team Seven at these exams? Love it. Totally opens up the ways to do canon in the future without the pesky Naruto-Sasuke thread, yet still have certain events still be possible. Awesome. Looking forwards to more.
librarycat9 chapter 22 . 6/11/2011
...He is an amazing manipulator :D
anon chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
i've been following this for a long time and i must ask, seriously? you do know that many people aren't really fond of ocs right? while it's nice and all that he likes his former sensei, i think naruto still would've given kakashi a chance to prove himself as a teacher.

i do remember iruka being naruto's favorite teacher, yet he still treats kakashi and yamato well. :/
librarycat9 chapter 21 . 6/11/2011
lol I can totally see Jiraiya breaking in and eating Kakashi's food... The Hyuuga rigging the board makes a lot of sense...
Tobi Fan 321 chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
Great chapter! Epic story! At this rate, you'll get a 1,000 reviews in less than a month!
Tobi Fan 321 chapter 22 . 6/11/2011
Nice chapter!
Tobi Fan 321 chapter 21 . 6/11/2011
Great chapter!
PhoenixWytch chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
Oh joy... Naruto is going to be even more of a jerk when he realizes what has happened. :D Look forward to seeing that.

Thanks for writing.
In The Mix chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
I was skeptical about the con working until it was revealed Jiraiya knew all along. I really loved Naruto in these last two chapters, so sneaky and fox like of him (). Can't wait 'til the next UPdate!
mistralle chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
I nearly wept when I read the end of the chapter. It's so bittersweet and heart wrenching!

And thank you for updating so frequently! I could hug you for that.
drag0nsoldier chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
Again thank you for a realistic relationship set.

Your Jiraiya hasn't had much screen time yet, but it's clear that he knows people. He knows he has his issues, but knows how to work around them without doing too much damage.

Poor Kakashi, yes Naruto is an ass to him-but he is so dependent on Naruto's acceptance of him as a sensei and caretaker that he is neglectful of his duties. He's alright as long as no one asks for a psych eval.

This is a story where I can do more than respect Sasuke. He's always been the top, now he doesn't know whats going on. He literally switched roles with Naruto. He's now being treated with apathy and he isn't sure how to handle it. With the one he mistreated trying to get him proper training even after months of arguing, he is naturally confused.

Sakura-we aren't seeing much of her yet, but she's finally coming to a point where she can see her worth. So can everyone else. I can only imagine how her parents feel. The dangers of the Mysterious Ninja life-that they only here small bits about from village talk-and a potential demon on their daughters team, they must be scared stiff wondering if they did the right thing allowing her to even join the academy.

Thank you for writing 12 year olds with the mindset of the age-they are not adults. And thanks for writing the adults with all the problems that can develope in adulthood too.
mikek3332002 chapter 22 . 6/11/2011
Liked the joke on the way you got Sasuke a tutor.
Choas Babe chapter 23 . 6/11/2011
Yawww, so sweet the end.

Tetsuo-sensei is gonna be SO pissed about someone else taking his student, just after he got him back. I can guarantee there's gonna be a beat down. And at least this way Kakashi gets the opportunity to teach him something.

And, to PheonixWytch, why would Naruto see Kakashi's attempts at connecting as anything other than chains? In his mind, Kakashi basically kidnapped him and is trying to usurp his 'father's' and, if we assume that married Jounin sensei will introduce the team to their spouse and kids, 'mother's' place in his life. And he's thrown him in with a pair of kids that hate him, that he hates, and Kakashi is basically telling him to replace Satoshi and Suzume, his brother and sister to continue the family metaphor, with two brats who'd rather slit his throat than admit that he was their equal, much less their better. Given that, I wonder why he's so reluctant to let Kakashi close. Not.

Sorry for the detour, Lucillia. You're story is as wonderful as always. And it's nice to see such upstanding traits and bonding experiences being shared between Naruto and Tetsuo-sensei. *Sniff* It really brings a tear to my eye. Of laughter, but who's keeping track of that?

I like how you showed that Jiraiya was willing to take Naruto, and tried to do so, but Sarutobi had to poke logic shaped holes in his reality. This Jiraiya is more of a real ninja then other portrayals I've seen of him. He's cunning and absolutely ruthless when it comes down to achieving his objectives. He unloaded both barrels into Kakashi, making sure he knew he wasn't going to win, and possibly making him too depressed to try and put up a stink. He totally went straight for Kakashi's weak spot and tap danced on it. I'm really very sure I could get to be fond of the pervert if he keeps that sort of mentality. Of course, by making Naruto his apprentice, especially unwillingly, he's opened himself to a large amount and range of pranks as revenge for that, and for perving on Suzume.
1,734 | « Prev Page 1 .. 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 89 .. Last Next »