Reviews for Of Ghosts and Gremlins
Ghostwriter chapter 32 . 8/26
Awesome work. I really liked this fic.
MidwestDreamer chapter 32 . 5/19
Thank you so much for this. The friendship that developed between Tony and Jimmy, at which canon hinted, was something I always hoped the writers would expand on after showing it via flashbacks, but it was, sadly, left to wither on the vine beyond a subsequent mention of Jimmy's Black Lung code name. ::sigh::

I love that you kept Tony completely in character throughout this story; that each breakthrough Jimmy made was hard won...much like his analogous musings on winning the trust of a feral cat at the vet clinic. I had a real sense of Tony's warring emotions as Jimmy consistently saw behind his masks...that he was both deeply discomfited and profoundly grateful.

Your development of Jimmy in this piece is akin to the way I see him. Just as the casual observer sees only Tony's goofy frat boy persona, I think Jimmy is (or was) often dismissed as nothing more than the assistant who has a propensity for blurting out inappropriate comments. I'm glad that recent seasons of the show have shown his strength...and am hoping that Season 15 will give us a lot more of Dr. Palmer than we witnessed in 14!

This was a very believable friendship pairing for me. You did a fantastic job of bringing out the canonically hinted at depths in both characters and they meshed beautifully. I also liked that you didn't sugarcoat the initial animosity Tony felt from Ziva and Tim...and also that you gave us a glimpse of Jenny's ultimate unsuitability for the Director's chair. Even before her desire to take down La Grenouille became all-consuming, she always seemed (to me) to be far more concerned with playing it safe and protecting her own position, even when presented with alternate plans that would be more effective. You highlighted that in an excellent fashion here with her insistence on utilizing the Bureau's HRT and essentially ignoring Tony's plan.

This was a fantastic read, and I'm so happy to have found it...

P.S. Tony's confusing peritoneum with perineum was *not* a good thing to read at 4:15AM with a mouthful of coffee. Just sayin'... ;-)
pianomouse chapter 32 . 3/4
I love your Jimmy and Tony. The way you built their relationship was so real. I was laughing so much at Jimmy's quips my cat ran out of the room. Thank you for sharing your time and talent.
ShadowWriter33 chapter 32 . 10/29/2016
This was a really good story. I like the way Tony and Jimmy became friends the way they did and how Jimmy realized what was going on and insisted on helping out.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/12/2016
Really good beginning!
The Queen's Fabler chapter 32 . 12/4/2014
I ship the Tony and Jimmy bromance so hard right now. This story is fantastically written, and heartbreaking to read. I would love to see more stories about their friendship, or that there be a sequel to this story (wink wink).

Overall, great story and I loved reading it.
-Fabler
M. Louise E chapter 32 . 11/17/2014
I loved this one that you wrote. Not many Jimmy and Tony stories out there. This could have happened if the TV show would have showed it. Totally awesome and wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing this one. I really enjoyed reading this one. :D I just wanted to see what happened next. :D Nicely done. :D
RainyDayReader chapter 7 . 10/25/2014
I'm really enjoying this so far and absolutely LOVE the friendship developing between Tony and Palmer (and the development of Jimmy's character!)
Shiroi Ichigo-chan chapter 32 . 8/11/2014
Everything went wrong, Tony. *SCREAMS*
I can't tell you how much I loved this fic. It was just wonderful to see how Tony and Jimmy friendship came to be and how he could pretty much see through Tony's bullshit. I loved how Tony finally relaxed around Palmer and just was, without having to worry about his masks. Thanks for writing this awesome fic! :D
poppaeasabina chapter 27 . 5/30/2014
Tsk! Why do people persist in making Tony talk about his feelings? He's wounded, but he's *not tied up.*
poppaeasabina chapter 16 . 5/30/2014
Stupid Ziva! When Tony tells you to move, you *don't question him.* Just move!

I'm very upset that Jimmy was grabbed! I love Jimmy!
poppaeasabina chapter 15 . 5/30/2014
Gah! What's the matter with Tony? Didn't he *hear* what Jimmy said? A more obvious SOS I never did read.
poppaeasabina chapter 14 . 5/30/2014
Oh, Jimmy, you numty! I don't even have to read chapter 15, it writes itself. *wrings hands*
RedLindy chapter 32 . 4/27/2014
Wow. I have read most of your work, but somehow this one slipped through the cracks and I just read it today. Meant to do other things as well, but once I started I couldn't stop til I finished. You are such a fantastic writer-I can visualize everything unfolding as you describe it.
Your characterization of Tony rings really true for that period, I wish the show would have shown us something similar. And Jimmy was great!
June chapter 32 . 4/15/2014
this was great & really funny ending!