Reviews for Overslept
HeidiFox chapter 12 . 3/21/2012
I'll gladly give him a play mate!

This is gettin really good!
showalittlefaith chapter 12 . 3/21/2012
NO! Not a cliffhanger! EVIL! Grrr... ok, i'll forgive you if you update soon. Great chapter... but poor Drizzt! He really cant stay out of trouble can he. Dove and the rest of the party wont think he had betrayed them or anything, right? Cause by now I'd think they would have figured out that he was good, but then again... he is a drow... anyways, great chapter and I love the twist you put in it. Keep up the great work and I hope to see an update soon... cause I REALLY HATE CLIFFHANGERS! :D
OhShirleyUJest chapter 12 . 3/21/2012
So, it's been a while since I last typed one of these fun little doodads for you. However, I've still been reading fairly faithfully. I know, bad silent person.

I'll try and be better about that...

So, on to the important stuff, this actual 'review' thing.

Your writing has actually improved significantly in formatting, plot, and characterizations since those first few chapters 'way back when'. I like where you've been going with it, even though the identity of the mystery 'angry female' isn't entirely mysterious.

One of the things that makes me the most happy is the appearance of line breaks to show changes of scene. It makes it a lot easier on the reader, and it shows passage of time cleanly. Of course, you can always keep experimenting for breaks that look prettier.

However, I'd like to make one suggestion. I don't think labeling the point of view (i.e. Drizzt, The Party, Unknown) is actually necessary. Most readers should be able to figure out that on their own. It wasn't really an issue in this chapter, but in chapter ten it was a little jarring.

You've been doing great, and I've really enjoyed reading all your updates. This is probably one of my favorite AU spin-off stories. Thanks for giving some of Salvatore's minor characters the chance to come out and play...
Orlok Tsubodai Bahadur chapter 12 . 3/21/2012
im guessing it is the Cyric religion. cant wait for more so plz update as soon as possible.
Zireael07 chapter 12 . 3/21/2012
Love the chapter. I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble...
Tamuril2 chapter 11 . 3/18/2012
I cannot begin to say just how much I enjoy reading your updates for this story. I look forward to each one with such eagerness. I know, you might get a "big head" if I keep on saying this EVERY time I review, but I can't help the way I feel..lol. Anyhow, before Review comes back from his playdate (and makes thinking impossible), I'll give you my short list of reasons...oh, and I'll give you my guess about the date of his birthday at the end of this review.

1)I like how the others and Kellindil (especially him!) are becoming more at ease with Drizzt and trusting him. Poor elf needs a few real friends after all that he's been through. The way you wrote it made me smile (quite widely, in fact) and gave me a minor attack of the NIF's (Nice Internal Feelings...my brother made it up and it's stuck with me ever since). I'm glad they trust him enough to untie his hands when he eats. I don't know about anyone else, but if I had to fed like a baby I'd be more than a little embarassed and miffed. Anyhow, I also like how Gabriel keeps on asking those personal questions. Yes, I know why Drizzt doesn't want to talk about it (I wouldn't want to talk about my personal stuff to a stranger either), but it also makes the story more realistic that someone is asking those kind of questions. It'd be weird if NO ONE asked them. I can't wait to see what happens at Silverymoon.

2)Ooo, that Unknown section was good. I have an idea who it might be...sort of...but I'm not 100 percent sure. It's is a drow frmale, I'm sure of it, but I'm not sure who. A family member? A powerful priestess? Both? Hehehe, I can see that Drizzt is going to be needing his new found almost-friends, and soon.

Well, that's it for now. Oh yes, my guess (I actually have two)! Achem!...my guesses are 06-02-11 (the birth of this story) or 03-05-10 (the date when you first published a story on here). So there they are. lol. Keep up the nice work!

~Tamuril2
showalittlefaith chapter 11 . 3/14/2012
Da da daaaa... poor Drizzt! Are more people after him? He just attracts danger like a magnet doesnt he?... anyways, as always, I loved the new chapter. I am so happy they finally untied Drizzt. I was actually similing at that. Anyways, I have one request. Please please please dont put any romance in this story. I understand if others like it but please, dont. If you want to thats fine, just... i dont know. I just dont like it... anyways. As you can see I cant spell :)
Immortal Bubblewrap chapter 11 . 3/14/2012
Hehe, this is getting better and better. Can't help but love it! :D This is awesome.
Lights chapter 11 . 3/13/2012
I have to say, you've written this really well, as a story it flows nicely.

The early scenes with Kellindil and Drizzt were interesting to read and seemed to fit the characters.

Although, not sure if this was intentional or not, but the Drow as a non-musical culture actually fits in with the origional stories, in one of Drizzt's reflections he mentions "evil creatures cannot sing."

Very nicely written
Orlok Tsubodai Bahadur chapter 11 . 3/13/2012
good chapter and it is kinda obvious that it is Vierna whowas scrying him. cant wait for more of the story so plz update as soon as possible.
showalittlefaith chapter 10 . 3/11/2012
Ok, you probably get this a lot but I have to say it: thank you so much for the update... blah blah blah, I LOVE your story, and all that stuff about your writing 'cause you write great! Exspeacially that song, did you write it? I can't think of anyplace you might have gotten it... so yeah,you proabaly did... anyways it was really really cool. As you can proabaly tell I'm not big un updates,'cause it never know what to say that someone else hasn't already. 'cause really, how many reviews do you get about keeping up with updates and writing good? A lot i'd bet! So I'm not gonna sit here and repeat all that. Because I know your storys good and you know its good (why else would you update it?)... why do I need to say so?... sorry, I'm rambling on,... great story, awesome song, and thumbs up for the drow translations! that must have been hard to find! Keep up the GREAT work, and I hope to see an upadte soon ;)

~~~~ Ranger Do'Urden
MaiWishes chapter 10 . 3/5/2012
"He turned to the drow who was beyond nervous now (those blades were still unsheathed and were being lifted in the air during that cheer)."

Wow that is not a welcoming sight for drizzt, i thought that was quite funny

"rom the corner of his eye he could tell Drizzt had Dove's undivided attention."

Cute! Lol

"the drow do not have a musical culture"

Hmm, i think that they would. YOu know what i was imagining? They would have music with an intense hard beat, like sex and violence combined. So drow imo. It would insite the kind of madness at a party that Lolth would love. So in a way that would be worship to though haha. I can't imagine drow not wanting to dance.

So anyway, good story! This is how i wanted it to go! I was so unsatisfied, Dove and Kellindil are no more, but that fuck face was all over the dang story. I do think it should have been more condenced the first 5 chapters though. I thought it draged to long. I dont think you need about a chapter of what you have
Tamuril2 chapter 10 . 3/4/2012
*sing-song voice* The fun has arrived! *bows* Thank you, thank you very much. Ah! Review, are you being good for shadowdragon4444? *Review grins angelicly* *Tamuril2 laughs* Oh, that look doesn't work on me, I;ve got little silbings! lol. However, since you're in a good mood, I'll hurry along and tell shadowdragon4444 my short list of reasons as to why I abolutely, poisitively, one hundred percent, love this new chapter.

1)Drizzt cried! You wrote that so convincingly that I just wanted to reach in and hug/comfort him. There's this picture on that has Drizzt crying and your scene reminded me of it (it was a great picture, so therefore you're scene is great as well!). That was such a wonderfully written scene. I thought it really flushed out Drizzt and Kellindil's characters/personalities. And Kellindil inadvertingly comforted and reassured Drizzt about the actions he's had to do to get to the surface and escape his kin. Awesome! I really hope you write these two as friends, cause they'd be brilliant together.

2)The song. Wow, I mean, you not only wrote a song, you translated it into anthoer language as well. I'm completely blown away by your ever growing talents. You, my friend, have some gifts from God. thank you for sharing it with the rest of us on here (I know I appreciate it...your story always brighens my day and makes me feel good). I really, really want Gabriel to talk to Drizzt on one of his night watches. it's be good practice in common for Drizzt. *Review giggles* Hehe, I know, I'm so subtle in my hints.

All in all, a wonderfully written new chapter for your story. I look forward to the next one with eagerness. Thanks again for teh quick update.

~Tamuril2
LadyofShadow chapter 10 . 2/29/2012
Ooooh, I loved this chapter SO much, you can't even understand how much! Thank you, thank you dear. Thank you for writing this and for writing the song, it shouldn't have been easy!
LadyofShadow chapter 10 . 2/29/2012
Wow I can't believe you updated so soon!

Yes, I have an account, I am that LadyofShadow from Italy, I am just too lazy to login every time! _

Thanks for answering about language lessons, I was just curious. According to a sort of an urban legend, english-mothertongue people never have to study languages. Ok, I'll go reading now. Thank you again for updating!
255 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »