Reviews for Overslept
Tamuril2 chapter 3 . 9/30/2011
Yess, my evil/sly/clever plan to get someone else to crack and write this story succeeded! Muahahahahaha, she never saw it coming! All right, now that that's out of my system (not sure why it was there in the first place), I'll get on to more important things, such as why I loved this chapter (and mentally squealed when I saw it).

1)At the risk of seeming extremely fangirlish, Drizzt. I know, but I can't help it. He's Drizzt (which pretty much says it all, no?)! I'm so happy that he's now awake, or was awake. Man that's tough, he woke up only to be put alseep again. Aha. Anyhow, I thought you wrote this out rather well. I had completely forgotten that at this time Drizzt couldn't really speak common that well. That Kellindil had to question him in the drow tongue was good and the fact that he, Kellindil, was puzzled by the fact that Drizzt called Guenhwyvar his friend, made it even better. I'm glad Drizzt is coming into play more now.

2)Mild cliff hanger! I'm a sucker for those little guys, expecially if they're well done, which I believe yours was. You left us with so many interesting questions to think about. What is going to happen once Drizzt wakes up? How are they going to interrogate him? What will Kellindil do now that he's finally with his cousin? And last, but not least, what about Roddy? What will he do to Drizzt? Ahh, so many questions and semi cliff hangers, my heart is warmed. ;D

That all for now folks. Thanks for the quickness of the update and the good quality. I enjoyed reading it very much. Keep up the good work/writing.

~Tamuril2

P.S. I know this might seem weird, but could you, if you have the time and interest, take a look at my Drizzt story (it's on my profile)? Please understand, you don't have to do this, I'm just asking as I too am looking to further my writing skills for a story of my own.
Donaruie chapter 3 . 9/30/2011
I really like this, I always wanted to write something like this a long time ago but never got around to it lol. Always wondered how different his life would have turned out if he'd been captured.

Looking forward to more .
LadyofShadow chapter 2 . 9/27/2011
OOOOh I'm so GLAD for this updating! Your story is wonderful!
Faersul chapter 2 . 9/24/2011
I really like your story ! I've often wondered about what could have hapenned if Drizzt have met Dove and co during his escape.

I'm waiting for the next chapter.
puppyblue chapter 2 . 9/22/2011
No no no evil cliffhanger how could you! Update please! Soon!
Zammy chapter 2 . 9/21/2011
Please Update soon :) I am highly enjoying this :)
Orlok Tsubodai Bahadur chapter 2 . 9/16/2011
this story seems like it has alot of potential! I cant wait to read more so plz update as soon as possible.
Tamuril2 chapter 2 . 9/15/2011
You have no idea how excited I was to see the 'updated chapter' alert in my inbox just now. I actually did something I've only done on very few rare occations, fangirl squeal/squeak. Yes, I squeaked (not something I normally do, but then I've been wanting to read Chapter Two for a while now). I enjoyed every minute of it! And now the reasons as to why I loved this newest addition to your story.

1)The "Party of Sundabar" has finally found out about Drizzt and Guenhwyvar! The whole semi-cliff hanger that you left us with in Chapter 1 had me itching to have them found out. I thought you did it rather well, to be honest. Some writers have a tendency to rush into a situation, figuratively and literally speaking. They don't explain how things came to a certain point, they just have it there. You very neatly avoided this problem. You explained what the group was doing, had them talk about the shapeshifter, arrive at the cave, and then finally find Drizzt. I liked that. It kept the story flowing, at least in my POV.

2)Major cliff hanger! I'm a sucker for those, if they're well done, which I believe yours was. I can hardly wait to see what will happen next. What'll Roddy (evil man!) do now that Drizzt has been discovered? What about the others, especially Kellindil? And finally, what will Drizzt and Guenhwyvar do (Drizzt is hurt and Guenhwyvar is tiring fast)?

Well that's about it for me. I hope you update and put in Chapter 3 soon, but please don't feel pressured, I know how hard it can be to come up with ideas for a story. Thanks for the great read!

~Tamuril2

P.S. Oh, just one more thing. A slight critique, nothing major, just a slight thing that kind of confused me. The line "He was not too happy to be meeting a cousin of his race, even if he wasn't involved, he was still a cruel hardhearted being." that describes Kellindil thoughts. This line seems to me to have too many 'he's' in it. Let me explain...You said 'he' three times and it got a bit confusing for me to figure out who Kellindil was thinking about, himself for Drizzt. You could change it a bit to clarify, maybe something like "He was not too happy to be meeting a cousin of his race; even if the drow wasn't involved, he was still a cruel hardhearted being." Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion and not a flame of any sorts (feel free to discard it if you want).
sirnerdlord chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
i really enjoyed this chapter and am eager to see how you manipulate the story. please update soon!
showalittlefaith chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
cool story! will it be updated any time soon?
puppyblue chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I really like the idea. I hope you will post some new chapters, cause cliffhangers suck,
muyany chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Yes! I've been playing with this idea since I first read the third book but could never find the will to write it all out. I'm so happy someone is finally doing it! Thank you!
LadyofShadow chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Sounds very interesting. Please update soon, I want to read more! _

PS: great idea to write a fict about this part of the story, I've always guessed what could have happened if Drizzt and Dove's group have met.
Lee538 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
I realy like the idea of this story. It looks like a great start. Keep writing.
Anji chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I've always liked the concept of the hunting party having more interaction with Drizzt, and I like what you have so far. However, I recommend using some sort of section break to indicate that you're changing POVs. The change in POVs wasn't confusing, but it caught me off guard every time it changed. A clear break would get rid of that little hiccup. I also recommend writing a bit more in each section because everything read a bit too quickly. Flesh out the story. Let the reader indulge in the trip up to the cave or Guen's fight.

Also, Dove is a famous character in the Realms, and there's a lot of info on her. Just google search her whenever you need info about her for your story.

I look forward to reading the next chapter!
256 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 Next »