Reviews for Overslept
Faersul chapter 2 . 9/24/2011
I really like your story ! I've often wondered about what could have hapenned if Drizzt have met Dove and co during his escape.

I'm waiting for the next chapter.
puppyblue chapter 2 . 9/22/2011
No no no evil cliffhanger how could you! Update please! Soon!
Zammy chapter 2 . 9/21/2011
Please Update soon :) I am highly enjoying this :)
Orlok Tsubodai Bahadur chapter 2 . 9/16/2011
this story seems like it has alot of potential! I cant wait to read more so plz update as soon as possible.
Tamuril2 chapter 2 . 9/15/2011
You have no idea how excited I was to see the 'updated chapter' alert in my inbox just now. I actually did something I've only done on very few rare occations, fangirl squeal/squeak. Yes, I squeaked (not something I normally do, but then I've been wanting to read Chapter Two for a while now). I enjoyed every minute of it! And now the reasons as to why I loved this newest addition to your story.

1)The "Party of Sundabar" has finally found out about Drizzt and Guenhwyvar! The whole semi-cliff hanger that you left us with in Chapter 1 had me itching to have them found out. I thought you did it rather well, to be honest. Some writers have a tendency to rush into a situation, figuratively and literally speaking. They don't explain how things came to a certain point, they just have it there. You very neatly avoided this problem. You explained what the group was doing, had them talk about the shapeshifter, arrive at the cave, and then finally find Drizzt. I liked that. It kept the story flowing, at least in my POV.

2)Major cliff hanger! I'm a sucker for those, if they're well done, which I believe yours was. I can hardly wait to see what will happen next. What'll Roddy (evil man!) do now that Drizzt has been discovered? What about the others, especially Kellindil? And finally, what will Drizzt and Guenhwyvar do (Drizzt is hurt and Guenhwyvar is tiring fast)?

Well that's about it for me. I hope you update and put in Chapter 3 soon, but please don't feel pressured, I know how hard it can be to come up with ideas for a story. Thanks for the great read!

Tamuril2

P.S. Oh, just one more thing. A slight critique, nothing major, just a slight thing that kind of confused me. The line "He was not too happy to be meeting a cousin of his race, even if he wasn't involved, he was still a cruel hardhearted being." that describes Kellindil thoughts. This line seems to me to have too many 'he's' in it. Let me explain...You said 'he' three times and it got a bit confusing for me to figure out who Kellindil was thinking about, himself for Drizzt. You could change it a bit to clarify, maybe something like "He was not too happy to be meeting a cousin of his race; even if the drow wasn't involved, he was still a cruel hardhearted being." Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion and not a flame of any sorts (feel free to discard it if you want).
sirnerdlord chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
i really enjoyed this chapter and am eager to see how you manipulate the story. please update soon!
Ranger Do'Urden chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
cool story! will it be updated any time soon?
puppyblue chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I really like the idea. I hope you will post some new chapters, cause cliffhangers suck,
muyany chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Yes! I've been playing with this idea since I first read the third book but could never find the will to write it all out. I'm so happy someone is finally doing it! Thank you!
LadyofShadow chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Sounds very interesting. Please update soon, I want to read more! _

PS: great idea to write a fict about this part of the story, I've always guessed what could have happened if Drizzt and Dove's group have met.
Lee538 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
I realy like the idea of this story. It looks like a great start. Keep writing.
Anji chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I've always liked the concept of the hunting party having more interaction with Drizzt, and I like what you have so far. However, I recommend using some sort of section break to indicate that you're changing POVs. The change in POVs wasn't confusing, but it caught me off guard every time it changed. A clear break would get rid of that little hiccup. I also recommend writing a bit more in each section because everything read a bit too quickly. Flesh out the story. Let the reader indulge in the trip up to the cave or Guen's fight.

Also, Dove is a famous character in the Realms, and there's a lot of info on her. Just google search her whenever you need info about her for your story.

I look forward to reading the next chapter!
OhShirleyUJest chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Pretty good, but there's just one thing that could be massively better. The parenthetical note in the middle kind of disrupted the story's flow. It's an important note to have, but a better place for it would have been the end...
253 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17