Reviews for Overslept
The Cretin chapter 3 . 8/4/2012
Sorry I've been gone. Getting ready for the coming school year. Great chap. Flowed right in line with the first two. While I despise him, you write McGristle well, keeping him in character. Likewise, great job with the others. I hated seeing Guen hurt but like you wrote she'll be back. Now off to read the next chap. Keep rockin
Depressed Chibi chapter 20 . 7/31/2012
Okay, I have read all of your chapters in two days and I can safely say I'm hooked. This story seems truly great and I'd love for you to continue! I indeed always wondered what would happen if the two groups meet (especially Drizzt and Kell).

As a matter of fact, I was quite pissed when Salvatore killed him off. I was just like, 'God dammit, can't you at least let him have one elf friend?' Stupid bloodthirsty author. D:

But, all rants aside, this is truly awesome and I love it! As for your vote, I personally would rather keep Drizzt without a love life. Though, that may be because I've never been one for straight character pairings. But even with that aside, I find Drizzt/Catti-brie creepy...no matter how you look at it, it's cradle-robbing. : /

Alrighty, I'm sure you're tired of me talking, and talking, and talking. Cheers on the story!
Tamuril2 chapter 23 . 7/30/2012
*blinks* It's...It's...It's over? *wails and falls to her knees* NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It can't be! I...I need more...I want more!...*Drizzt comes over* Now, there, there. It's not all bad. *Tam sniffs* What do you mean? it's horrible. *Drizzt shakes his head* But don't you remember at the end she said there'd probably be a sequel to this? *Tam blinks* A sequel? *Drizzt nodes* Yes. *Tam gets and does silly dance* Yes! I'm so happy now! *Drizzt chuckles* Doesn't take much to cheer you up, does it? *Tam shakes head, grinning* Nope! I'm an easy person to please. Oh, I should tell Alti'uin what I liked about this ending chapter!

1)Aww, Alustriel was so sweet to Drizzt. She gave him a special gift and promise (in that he can come bakc any time). You wrote it so well that I even felt some NIF's (Nice INternal Feelings). Go you! You know, when you do the sequel, you're going to have to include Bruenor as well (because of the ring).

2)Ooo, the bad woman is Ellifain. I should've seen it coming sooner, but only saw it at the beginning of her scene this chapter. you're good, you know that? Huh? You do know it? Well! aren't we just prideful! lol. jkjk. I can't wait to see hwo you plan this out.

All in all, a great story. I'm sad it's over *sniffs* but i look forward to seeing the sequel. Thanks for taking me on such an enjoyable journey with this. Review III and I thank you very much. Keep up hte great writing!

Tamuril2
DemonsRun chapter 23 . 7/30/2012
You did good with the story. I'm hoping you continue, eventually, but I can understand completly the need to step back and take a break. Drizzt and crew can be tough characters to nail, but I think you did a very good job. I wish you luck with your stories, and I'll be keeping an eye out for more from you. :)
Ranger Do'Urden chapter 23 . 7/30/2012
Mwahaha I knew it! I knew it was Ellifain! This story is one of my absolute favorites of all time. Not only to I love the story, the plot and the characters... but you actually kept up with it. You made quick updates and they were good, no strike that, they were GREAT! I'm sad to hear that this is the end, but I understand it can't go on forever. I was looking forward to Drizzt running into the Companions of the Hall but I guess I'll have to wait on the sequel. I'm going to miss the emails I get saying that Overslept was updated but I thank you for all the time and effort you have put into it. Its no small feat to write such a long story! Give my thanks to your lovely Beta too! He must have worked pretty hard on this story. Well, I bid you farewell and may we meet again in your next story... wow was that cheesy or what! I am SUCH a dork! :)
The Cretin chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
Nice work with the detail and characterization. Ol'Roddy McGristle...dude reminds me way too much of a guy I know. I love that you show some things from Guen's POV. Can't wait to read more. Keep rockin
The Cretin chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This idea appeals to me. Truthfully, I wonder about the "what ifs" when it comes to Drizzt. Don't worry about the descriptions for the characters...that's what imagination's for ;) I will be following up on this. I apologize for not finding it sooner. Keep rockin
Neoangelius chapter 22 . 7/5/2012
Nice chapter. Loved the action scene. Please post again soon
Ranger Do'Urden chapter 22 . 6/29/2012
Yay! Love the update, but its been a while. I was starting to get scared you'd leave it like that. But no worries, its all good! And I think you have done a great job keeping Drizzt in character so far. I cant really speak for the others because I don't know how else they would be. Also, I heard you needed a Beta. I would be willing, but I want you to know I am not a very experienced writer. I am not awesome with grammar or spelling, that's why I love spell check! But I know Drizzt VERY well. I am willing to help when it comes to keeping him in character, but I would find someone else if you want grammar checked. That being said, if you would rather have someone else beta, that is fine. No hurt feelings here, I just thought I'd offer if no one else comes along. Keep up the great work and I hope to see an update some time soon! :)
Guest chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
His hair is blond strait thin and past his sholders. Absolutely wonderful! I love this story more and more with each update.
Dracarot chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
You say you seek a beta, one who knows Drizzt Do'Urden? *Takes off hat and bows in a Jarlaxle like manner* He stands before you!

First a proof of my ability to see spelling and grammar mistakes.

"After enough time had past for Kellindil to get far enough away, Drizzt braised himself before turning."

braised should be braced

"Liar coward in front of him."

The word your looking for is cowered, coward is the noun, cowered is the act of being a coward.

"Drizzt gave a silent thank you to whoever was listen, that he had remembered to snag one of the cult's robes. "

Listen ought to be listneing and while cult's robes could be appropriate, using cultist's I think would have fit better and caused less confusion.

As for my knowledge of the mighty Drizzt Do'Urden I am happy to inform you I have read all of Salvatore's Drizzt book until the Hunters Blade trilogy. Further having read the first trilogy (chronologically not publishing date) I feel I can easily enter Drizzt's character. I even have acess to Drizzt Do'Urden's class levels, stats, and feats. I am also good at sinking into a characters motivations having gotten a rather good remark from my AP English Literature teacher on how I was able to understand the character of Nora in "A Doll's House" By Henrick Isben.

I also have prior betaing experience. The latter half of the X Men evolution fan fic roots by author Neptune 47 was beta'd by me. (I'm even credited in the fic itself if contact with said author fails to occur).

Is that enough of a resume?
Yulandia chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
Yaaay rescued! I'm glad Drizzt stood up for himself and his actions. He is indeed a full fledged warrior, and not some untried apprentice. ;)
AnnaDruvez chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
Drizzt really needs to sit Kell down and tell him what it was like growing up in the Underdark. Or what it was like in the Underdark by himself as the Hunter. I know he *says* he gets it, but I somehow doubt that. How can he comprehend being constantly in danger - even in your own home? That's not something that is that easy to understand.

Or, maybe they just need to spend a few hours sparring. ;-D

I hope your headache gets better and I am definitely looking forward to the next chapter.

By the way, five days with a headache?... Call me crazy, but I'd be calling a doctor. Though, given your comments about your creative writing class, I have to wonder if it isn't stress.
Tamuril2 chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
Oh, poop, my review was deleted. *pouts* *Review III and Review come over to hug her* Oh, you two, you're the best and cutest bunch ever! *grins at Alti'uin* Anyhow, here's me review again (though it says it's a comment now).

1)Drizzt to the rescue! I'm so glad Drizzt rescued Lauda. Poor girl. I truly feel for her...though I'm glad she got to know Drizzt. Hopefully she'll pull through this tramatic thing and help the other people living in the city accept Drizzt for who he is. I can't wait for the chapter where people find out a drow is there.

2)Kell. I gotta say, I love those two's growing friendship. The referance to Gwen was funny. I hope we get to see more of her soon.

All in all, a great new chapter. I can't wait for the next one. Hmm, a beta you say? Try Rutoh-Chan. She says she'll do just about anything and research the ones she doesn't really know about. Hoep this helps you.

Tamuril2
Orlok Tsubodai Bahadur chapter 22 . 6/27/2012
good chapter and i cant wait for more, i also hope to see veryone amazed at Drizzt's fighting when they finally see him in action, and i hope you eventually give him some really cool magical objects, Icingdeath was good, Twinkle was boring and kinda sucked as well as having a stupid name, Guenwhyvar(sp?) is extremely awesome and the unicorn he has in Gauntlgrym is also pretty sweet.
249 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »