Reviews for Through the years
Poohbear-29 chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
this was wonderful. You captured the voices of both Larabee and Curran and gave a good explanation of why they are so much alike. I love that you showed us how they grew through the years and dealing with Chris' loss...nicely done...Winnie
Marmie1955 chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Loved the time progression. Very unique piece. Thank you for sharing.
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Dude I hadn't realized you were the one who wrote this one! I actually voted for it lol.

Can I just say that after finally seeing Navy SEALS, I'm not sure what was more frightening: Charlie Sheen as an obnoxious reckless SOB (typecasting much) or Michael Biehn's hair. I mean, yes, the action sequences rocked, but bless him Curran looked more like a Ken doll in a uniform than a badass SEAL. Seriously, I just wanted to muss the hell out of his hair just to see if it would move lol.

That said, I still freaking loved this little oneshot. The extended scenes definitely brought it more to life as well. I can see how it would have been painful to cut them out in the contest version. It was definitely a different look at Chris too. We're so used to seeing him in the leader role that it's rare to imagine him looking up to someone else like that.

I'd certainly be interested to see more of this Through the Years verse if you got in the mood to write it. Lord knows introducing Hawkins to the team could get...exciting lol.
niagaraweasel chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Very nice story. I love these kinds of crossover.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Very cool idea! Great way to cross over the movie and the ATF; following his big brother into the SEALS would be something that I could see Chris doing. You meshed them so well at critical points in each of their lives and showed how much they love each other. Love the repeated exclamations of "There's two of them!" That would get some attention and I imagine that the two of them together are quite the force to be reckoned with. Nice expansion of the idea! Thank you so much for posting this here. Maybe more?
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Really excellent! I like how you put it together. Very emotional in a disciplined way. Very masculine.
NotanAccountAnymore chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Great story. I love the end with Chris showing off his big brother, I can just imagine that happening. Thanks :)