Reviews for The Black Cauldron Rewrite
httyd-bh6-fangirl chapter 1 . 6/15
well am not offended, but I like it. I think the only reason people didn't like it is because there was some blood. I know BLOOD IN A DISNEY FILM... WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO. Any way I think you should make princess Iloley. (I do not know how to spell it since I just watched it today for the first time) more badass, instead of just another pretty face. Make her a witch princess... sorry am a HUGE feminist.
TheDoubleThreat chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Do it!
FantasyFangirl13 chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I want you to change it, but not too drastically. The Black Cauldron had moments of brilliance, it's just that the really bad parts stood out more. Rewrite it, but here's a few things you shouldn't change:
- Keep all the main characters, but PLEASE change that princess's name!
- Keep Gurgi's sacrifice, but make him come back
- Keep the Witches
- Witch's crush on Fflewdur (just skip the part where he's stuck in her chest)
NOW...should change
-That stupid ending
- The future telling pig (It's just DUMB!)
- Names besides Gurgi and Horned King
- The faires
Lord Monbodo chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Bah. This sort of announcement isn't even legal by policy. For shame.

But that being said I suppose we would actually need to read the original books before attempting any sort of rewrite. I'm not familiar with them at all.
nsummerf chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
this story needs Prince Gwydion Fflewddur Fflam needs to be younger, and the Fair Folk need to dwarves, and it should be longer
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
The Black Cauldron is actually based off of a young adult novel series written by Lloyd Alexander. So If you want the full (and better) story, just read the novels. If you know the books, then you know that Disney did a fantastic job with the movie adaptation.
Etah chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
I vote for you to rewrite it, I personally liked the movie, but it'd be nice if The Black Cauldron got some attention again and hey, maybe add a lemon scene just for the pervs out there :3 (and i'm totally not a perv _)
MichelleNicoleNatasha chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
I would love if you rewrote the movie! I have to admit I found the movie childishly amusing but it would be great to have it in writing!
kittyhawk09 chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
This is an awesome idea. Hmm...I think the characters need more depth. I think there should be more comedy. The "hero" should be more impulsive and read the conquences. The girl should be more adventurous and I think their should be a relationship between the boy and girl. I still wonder what would happen if Taren(I think that's it) jumped into the cauldron instead of that talking dog.
Qille chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
You should rewrite the story and make it good!
Hopelessly Random chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Props to you guys! I personally liked The Black Cauldron, some don't, and that's cool. I liked it because of the darker direction it took in some places, (aka The Horned King, other villains might be more developed, funny, more lines,etc. But for sheer presence alone, there is none who come close)

I've got both the movie and the Chronicles of Prydain. And I know that NO movie is like the book it's based on, note:(see ALL DISNEY MOVIES) but I still felt it was sloppily written.

Tasteful satires or parodies are funny to read, and easier to write, because anyone can point out flaws, it takes someone special to notice the good things...I'm not saying it can't be done, (look at Master Pencil's work) just saying it's not easy. Anyways, good satires or parodies are great because they make the reader laugh but don't make the reader feel like crap just because they happen to like the subject of parody (The Black Cauldron in this case)

In conclusion, I vote satire. Although if you two tackle the big one, I wish you best of luck and I'll be watching for it!
Traditionally Animated chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
I personally liked The Black Cauldron, though I know that everyone has their opinions. I think the movie could've been better, so I say try a rewrite (rather than satire). I'd like to see more character development which it was kind of lacking in the original film.

I'll definitely keep watch of how the story goes. :)
Redmobile chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
I accidentally favorite-(ed?) your little thing. XD

Good luck to you if you can make The Black Cauldron a good story. I'm not going to vote on anything though; I prefer to let the pieces fall where they may.

I'll be back when you two have started out your story/satire.