Reviews for Friday Night at the Three Broomsticks
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Let's face it, it's not as if they're going to have any fun in their offices."

-Snort, giggle. I love this story! Especially the Practical Demonstration bit. And I suspect that once Minerva is done with him, Wilburton is going to flee the pub like the wind, which is exactly what she wants him to do.

"Time, please!" she called. "It's time."

-Yes, indeed!
lunalustgood chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
what an interesting pairing! loved your portrayal of molly.
Frenchhornbook chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I've never read this pairing before but you made me love it
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
That beginning was such a tease! *chuckle* But I loved it! I handed completely thought of this pairing but now I can see it being a complete possibility! Great job!
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I read this ages ago, I think when you first posted, but wasn't within easy range of a keyboard. So now, at leisure, I can enumerate its splendors:

First, your masterful delineation of Molly Weasley, a little bit innocent and a little bit bawdy at the same time, and always having an eye to (her notion of) others' happiness in love;

the officious fellow ordering expensive drinks;

the wry humor and witty byplay of Minerva, whom you do justice in a new and fresh way in each succeeding story;

the Naughty Bits, which were both stirring and a propos to the characters (the former being not independent of the latter);

Rosmerta, whom I've written only sidelong as a survivor of the war, but whom you turn into a fully-rounded character, both as a private person and a pillar of the community.

Thank you once more for a superb entertainment! (And it strikes me this is the grown-up correspondent of your witty 'Bedtime', wherein the students of Gryffindor feel sorry for their teachers doomed to 'no sex and all that marking')
KrazyKimmy chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Hehe! Awesome little fic. Do we get a 'saturday morning'? A sort of ...remembering the night before and looking forqard to the weel ahead? ;D
the real snape chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
/"Ooooohhh, that's good, mmmmm."/ Love that start - wrong-footing us brilliantly. With just a touch of The Scene from When Harry met Sally. All that's missing is Umbridge at the next table, saying, "I'll have whatever she's having ..."

/why Molly thought anyone would judge her for needing a bit of time to herself,/ Funny thing is, either people do all the time, or mothers judge themselves so often. For they always feel the need to explain.

/it wouldn't be long, though, before the room became too crowded to allow her to Levitate the orders./ Such a lovely detail. We really get the full workings of the pub. And Levitating beer kegs - Muggle publicans would kill for that spell.

/To which Minerva would respond, in her most precise, analytical teacher's voice, "Not exactly like a wolf, no."/ I adore that line. And the whole summer description.

/Gamaliel Wilburton/ What were his parents thinking of? *Gamaliel*, indeed.

/You don't think I wear four-inch sparkly turquoise heels because it's fun, do you? / brilliant line.

/"Spinster schoolteachers aren't expected to be interested in love?"

"Spinster schoolteachers aren't expected to be interested in barmaids, or so the conventional wisdom would have it."/ Great up-ending of cliches.

/Rosmerta could set her watch by Minerva and sometimes did./ Grin. And the way Minerva reduces Wilburton to a messenger-boy is terrific.

But I must say that Molly, even though she gets hold of the wrong end of the stick, turns out to be quite good company on a pub night.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
It's good that you are always there for Minerva, especially after I have been harsh with her.

Funny, I had been thinking of Rosmerta for Irma...

Anyway, excellent characterisations of these three women.

Molly, who isn't as fulfilled as she likes to pretend she is. Maybe a bit jealous, or threatened by what she sees as Rosmerta's freedom.

Rosmerta's role as a listener and sometimes a fantasy (she isn't joking) - indeed, those shoes aren't comfortable.

And Minerva, keeping herself separate from Professor McGonagall who likes to be "thought stern, intimidating and humourless".

I didn't quite get who Donoble was. A waiter, I suppose.

I love your special anti-spilling spell, and the one that charms a book to open at whatever page you have last been reading, the bookmark that never slips out.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Ye gods, Molly could truly rival ol' Dumbles for meddlesome interference -and all for her particular version of "the greater good". I do wonder how many times Min faced a student or staff member across the expanse of that desk and came close to losing her train of thought... Lovely vignette, Kelly.
katiealice49 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
You have just made my day by posting this; I was in need of a good Minerva fic. And what a fic it is!

It's really interesting to see Minerva written about in another's POV. I loved the little comment on how she rather enjoyed using her stern Professor McGonagall facade to wind people up. I can imagine it being so much fun!

I really look forward to more of your fics!