Reviews for The Midnight Masque
Owltalon chapter 28 . 11/5/2011
Wow I started reading this awhile ago and i think this is the first time I've reviewed... Also I just finished reading what you've written so far...

Anyways I can't wait for your next update! And I totally understand about being busy, especially with school. :)
RB0027 chapter 28 . 11/2/2011
Good stuff. Proffesaional caliber I'd say, particularly after you hammered out what you wanted for sure. I look forward to seeing you on te shelf one day. With a copile rewrites, I imagine you could craft something trully astounding. Stay with this, you've got talent.
IronMikeTyson chapter 2 . 10/28/2011
By the way IronMikeTyson is EminemBitches.
IronMikeTyson chapter 28 . 10/28/2011
Interesting perspective into history. Insanity must be hard to write. Great job.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 28 . 10/27/2011
So... last chapter has a wandering Ar/Malena meeting and getting beaten up by a small boy...

And this chapter has her dreaming, awakening, reliving past suicide attempts and hovering on the cusp of a new one...

Do I have it so far?

But then she discovers that pentacle boy has left her with a blackened hand?

What will happen next?...

{Don't worry about the real life delays. I will wait as long as it takes. Look how long we all waited for CP.} XD
definatleynotafelineorcephalod chapter 27 . 10/12/2011
Please, Miss elf. Galbatorix feels so neglected... and his bond alter ego thing is really quite bizarre. The king is aware that Arya is in the city, but he does nothing... and blondie is who, exactly? gawl darn it.

I like this chapter, but I must say that I'm rather confused. What is this light of which you speak?
Restrained.Freedom chapter 27 . 10/12/2011
Okay that was cryptic and a bit creepy... but I am sure that it will become clearer as future chappies appear.

The boy... Is it Galby as a kid? or a werecat? or something else from the puppet show that I haven't figured out?
IronMikeTyson chapter 27 . 10/12/2011
The whole concept of this fic grows on me with each chapter. I mean at least Murty isn't Arya's biggest fanboy, like Eragon ( also known as ahem Christopher ahem). It is an amazing idea and feels real, relationship wise (ok a sick, twisted real, but still) . And the mystery... you never know what is reality or what is dream. Now for the useless comment, hmm... I like boobs... I do... no really I do... Lol.
782 chapter 26 . 10/7/2011
I don't have much to say, except for this:

Next to yours, Paolini's writing is frankly subpar.
IronMikeTyson chapter 26 . 10/7/2011
I really like this chapter. I never really like Arya even If am fond of ExA. She was such a bitch and I've always wanted Eragon to slap her or something. LOl. And this gradual destruction of that character is wonderful.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 26 . 10/6/2011
Great chapter... But I have to tell you that I find the purely emotional and mental aspects of M&A to be the most intriguing part of this fic. I think if there were more of that, perhaps you wouldn't feel fed up with them.
Witchy Pixie chapter 25 . 9/28/2011
I love the note about each hating the color every attaches to them.

Murtagh's psycho. But I've said that before. It seems a little out of the ordinary for him to randomly kill an old woman, simply because he was being Jude at the time. But I could be missing something.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 25 . 9/28/2011
As far as your ratings... I still think you are within "T" tolerance. Your story boldly spells out that it happens, and in general terms it describes the event as a whole. Though it does not place vivid concrete images into minds that perhaps are not ready yet. In my opinion, it is the more graphic descriptions, the ones that expose the precise physical interactions and sensations, these are the ones that need to be rated "M"

And while we are on this subject I am wondering just what the heck IS "dirty dirty dirty sex" ? LMAO

I liked the chapter... Murtagh stuck in his personal hell and unable to respond to the elf... the elf in her seclusion, afraid that she might be thrust into complete isolation once again...
IronMikeTyson chapter 25 . 9/28/2011
Wow this just gets stranger and stranger. But great nontheless.
awilla the hun chapter 24 . 9/25/2011
So, an evening later, I've finished.

Because my reviews must by tradition criticise something, some of the anachronisms can be a bit jarring. Murtagh referring to real world philosophers, for example (Marx, Plato, Aristotle), and people in a palpably medieval country complaining that something is 'medieval'. Still, the latter is justifiable (the Empire has magic, and is in some ways more advanced than a feudal Kingdom), and in any case neither is that much of an issue.

Now that that's over and done with, to the plus points. Sorry, the plus point (because if one thing comes out of this story, it's that if you believe yourself to be something, you are. And if you believe your prose style to be poor... well, who am I to judge?) Characterisation. They really spring to their (largely) maladjusted lives, to a far greater extent than in CP's books (the best thing about them is that they grant the ficcer a blank canvas to play around with-in limits-because he leaves out so much), each with their own introspection, self beliefs, delusions, attitudes, tastes, and so on. This is a rarity enough on this site. Add to it an interesting plot, and it's enough to make the humble reader feel inadequate.

So, keep it up! And, I suppose, good luck when the A2 Levels come round. Oh, and I hope you get round to War and Peace.
104 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »