Reviews for The Midnight Masque
awilla the hun chapter 4 . 9/25/2011
I like everything about this (so far-got to part VII) from the Haye on Wye book vendors, to the imagery leagues ahead of more than a few published authors, to the 4th wall-straddling Galbatorix. Can't say much more until I finish it, but this evening looks to be one well spent.

I haven't read much Hardy though (a few poems), I'm afraid.
A Catlike Squid chapter 24 . 9/17/2011
Because of course unkept women who show outward signs of schizophrenia are an everyday sight in the great city of Ur'baen, and are outside of the bounderies of the law. This _is_ Galbatorix's city, after all.

Great chapter. You do one of the best Aryas I've encountered(including the cannon one).
IronMikeTyson chapter 24 . 9/15/2011
You know Arya really staring to go over the deep end. Too bad she isn't suffering enough. Lol. Glad you updated man. Good Job.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 24 . 9/15/2011
This is interesting... are there some who are actually able to see Arya here other than just Murtagh? Or is it simply her imagination? Or people waving to someone behind her? Or is she really nuts?

I really like the thought that some people are privy to see her... or that perhaps the spell is starting to lift... hmmm

Great chappie.

She should ask him... ;)
Witchy Pixie chapter 24 . 9/15/2011
The chess piece analogy is just about perfect...and something I'm going to keep in mind as I write.

I like Arya. Her dithering is awesome. The stealing-things touch was beautiful.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 23 . 9/2/2011
Great look at Murty and Atty in their younger years... and the present... the comparison to Morzan... the tendency of the red rider to prefer to stand and be knocked down again and again and again... as well as the insinuation of a possible change of leadership...

O.O

I have to think that all of that last segment was Atkinson contemplating about Murtagh.
IronMikeTyson chapter 23 . 9/2/2011
I can't think of any useless comments. Damn! Interesting chap by the way. Lol.
Witchy Pixie chapter 23 . 9/2/2011
And here I thought I was the only one who thought "King" of an empire was idiotic! Solidarity!

Lovely chapter, like Murtagh's backstory. You certainly do his character better than anyone I know...including CP.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 22 . 8/31/2011
Wow...

First there was fun on the run, the whirlwind tour...

Then there was some incredible and unexpected sharing...

That the pair ended up in bed again somehow did not surprise me at all...

But that Murtagh's words hint that he suspects who Arya really is, and that in spite of his belief that he can win this war, he doesn't appear to really want to... These things surprised me much.

But poor Thorn... I hate thinking of him being ignored by Murtagh... I think he should just bite him on the buttt. XD Hahaha
Witchy Pixie chapter 22 . 8/31/2011
Ohmigod. Murtagh, you're freakin' cute. Awwws. I'm sorry. I love his teenager-boy-ness. Really, the hair thing was brilliant.

"Because there were no winners in war. Only losers and those who happen to be left over." is quit the epic line. I believe in it fully.

"Morzansson-ian humour" I like that too. I really do.

I.. don't have crit. I know that's bad. But I enjoyed this chapter a ton and can't think of anything.
sizzle.like.stygian.ice chapter 22 . 8/31/2011
I liked this chapter :) it inspired some feeling, idk what, but it made feel good :) a chapter well written indeed.

Update soon!
IronMikeTyson chapter 22 . 8/31/2011
Oh no! They are falling in love! Just joking. You're right Murtagh is funny when he is infatuated. She may not admit it but 'Malena' is becoming dependant on Murtagh. Great Chap man.
Witchy Pixie chapter 21 . 8/29/2011
hoo...hah...hoo...hah...scary dragon rider...SCARY dragon rider.

I like this. Eragon's not perfect!

Saphira's a little bland though...I don't see her leaving without a fight.

Description of rain was boss.

NOO! Who needs school? Don't leaveee us!
IronMikeTyson chapter 21 . 8/29/2011
Yes Eragon is dead! Now he can be reborn as Eragon: common sense man with the abilities of a player. I love makeing useless comments. Sorry. Yes you really have captured the stupid, completely useless Eragon from the IC.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 21 . 8/29/2011
I thought the timing of that lightning bolt was a bit ironic and dramatic... and that was before I knew it struck the rider.

I can see in this A/U universe of magnified and exaggerated emotions how Eragon has driven himself into an emo-manic state.

Anyways, the bit about him maybe never having missed Arya seemed 'off' to me... His whole point of doing this unofficial mission was to recover the elven princess. Because he loved her... right? {Am I completely wrong in my assumption that your A/U Eragon is every bit as much in love with Arya as the CP version?}

And WHY was Eragon wanting to torch the village? O.O