Reviews for That Awful Boy
anaxjune chapter 16 . 8/2
Hi! I wanted to let you know that your story really touched me. Itsakmost painful to read through Severus POV because of raw feelings and restrained emotions. Youve done a wonderful job at that.
The only thing that was bugging me was the seriously faulty logic of Lupin and Arthus, when they sort jump to some hypothetical abused children SS might have missed. I felt it to be very dismissive and unfair - he is not the only teacher at school, and, as harry proves, nobody there ever gives a fuck about abuse. So what im trying to say is that Lupin and Weasley attitude do not really match the social make up of society.
Im waiting desperately for the development of SS/RL relationship, i can just feel how satisfying it will be)
enahma chapter 24 . 7/23
Your portrayal of Snape really makes sense. He is without doubt a seriously damaged (not only flawed) person with a solid personality disorder (antisocial? borderline? both is a good explanation of his character) - that much is clear even from the books. You "only" made it really tangible. I really like that here Severus' skills of Occlumency stem from his instinct to dissociate (not a rare phenomenon in cases of child abuse - sexual abuse mostly), and not from his intellectual capabilities. (Do you study psychology for a chance?) I've been following your fic for a while, but from now on I decided to even review it, because it deserves that. Thank you for sharing.
SkyeMoor chapter 24 . 7/19
Somehow, I think this Snape would have been noticed a bit earlier by Harry. I mean, this is really riding the ragged edge of "Person who should be dealing with children in any capacity"
SilentIntrovert chapter 24 . 7/18
I’m hoping we get an answer soon. It feels like we are experiencing drama, without knowing why.
Poor him.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 24 . 7/18
so conflicted
Great chapter! Loved the believable angst that’s back. Hope to see some more Harry interaction. Maybe Harry getting in trouble.
LadyClassical chapter 1 . 7/18
"Harry will understand..."

Oh, no he won't! Snape is right that Harry doesn't like to be shuffled around the way he is. Dumbledore is treating Harry like he's still 15 months, not 15 years. And as for Dumbledore being wary of being in the same room with Harry, that's just fine, because he doesn't deserve to be in Harry's presence anyway.
Obsessed. I’m obsessed with this fic. Severus makes my heart break... he’s been hurt so bad. The line - “skinny and mean, like a dog that had been starved and beaten so often it became feral” is SUCH a perfect description of Snape. Ugh. I really hope Remus can help him come to terms with his abuse and finally heal. This is so well written and the characterizations are perfect. I love the growing mentor relationship with potter, and the growing romantic one with Remus. Can’t wait for the next update.
SilentIntrovert chapter 23 . 7/6
I’m dying to know what’s in the dang room!
Patricia the Leprechaun of God chapter 23 . 7/4
This is an amazing story! I'm thoroughly engrossed in it; your characterization of Snape and Harry is perfect! I'm very curious, though... didn't Remus mention something about someone sexually assaulting Severus? When did that happen, and how does he know about it? I have so many questions! I can't wait for the next chapter! :)
SkyeMoor chapter 21 . 7/2
Snape wasn't the only one who could use that word - omg, priceless. Perfect capture of a young teen.
wow! This story is incredible. I am on the edge for what happens next why the room
Son of Whitebeard chapter 23 . 7/1
great analysis
sosaveme chapter 23 . 6/29
This story is so good! I haven't been able to stop reading it since I first found it!