Reviews for There She Goes
SimCityLlamas chapter 10 . 2/1/2014
THIS IS MY FAVORITE SILENT HILL FANFICTION. HANDS DOWN.

You have a wonderful grasp on the characters, for one thing. You have a beautiful style to your writing, and I never had any difficulties following along.
I think another thing I really liked about your story was bringing up other characters from the series, and not just the second game. It just made me really happy to see them interact and have someone understand what they've been through. Haha, and I think it was really sweet to have Henry and Eileen's child named after Cynthia!
But what I loved most of all was seeing James have a happy ending. I can easily see this story as being canon.

You did a wonderful job!
DiamondGamer chapter 10 . 10/11/2013
That was beautiful. You are a really talanted author. Please do write more.
Guest chapter 10 . 7/18/2012
Hmm, a very happy ending if a some what tentative one. That's the word I'm looking for right? I see you left the ending pretty vague and open about whether or not James and Laura will ever be together romantically, or if Laura's love is just something that'll blow over and is indeed not the love she thinks it is. Which I understand...I suppose it really leaves it up to the readers to decide, but the implication is their going to be okay no matter what happens. I'm still itchingly curious as to what you think happens. You are the writer, it is your story, so you should know more than anyone? But I must admit I've written things where the ending could go either way so...

Anyway, enough of that. The story over all was very good and touching, and really I get the feeling I'll be thinking about it for quite some time, like a good book. I like the Henry and James interaction. I always felt that most of the Silent Hill protagonists are cut from the same cloth. Awkward, quiet, with a sort of strong sense of chivalry and a bit of a protector, particularly of young women. Harry, James, and Henry all sort of fit that bill. It makes sense that Henry and James would get along so well.

Overall a very nice optimistic ending for not just James, but almost everyone in the Silent Hill Franchise. :) Thank you for writing this story!
XxWatermelonSlicesxX chapter 7 . 7/18/2012
Laura...I don't even. You confuse me, and I don't know what is going on.

And that's all I have to say about that. Unless this is all some sort of figment of James' mind, but I refuse to think that.
XxWatermelonSlicesxX chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
I'm starting to get the feeling Laura is actually a lot more of an introvert and more like James, and your interpretation of Mary that she lets on. Or at least James is confusing her with how he sees her and what he thinks she should be doing. Does that make any goddamn sense? Anyway that's the only reason I can think of her wanting to spend all her time with him and the weirdness about her friend. Like she considers her friend a friend, but she has a hard time making connections and just really wants to connect with James again.

I do really wonder what the fight was about. And I wonder how much people in her life know about James. Hmmm.
XxWatermelonSlicesxX chapter 5 . 7/18/2012
Awww how sweet! I sort of understand Laura a little more, the attachments you make to memories of your childhood, especially those in it. I was thinking that before really, but I still wasn't entirely sure. But like James mentioned in the beginning of the chapter, I'm afraid how those memories will measure up against reality. Though things seem okay for now, and they did get along swimmingly.

Also that neighborhood is pretty shady, Laura. I understand your fear, girl. I think it's nice how she feels safe with James, and that why she didn't notice how scary it was before.

"What? Oh, that? Goodness, I don't know what the hell that thing is. I guess you play games on it, only I don't know how the damn thing works. I think I should just give it to my neighbor Eileen. She's pregnant." Laughing forever. For some reason this little bit from Frank cracked me up into a serious case of the giggles. It's just very grouchy grandfather type thing. Also damnit James, just come out and say your ashamed? Okay? Your poor father has enough trouble with that crazy room. Though that's fixed now. And I THOUGHT THE PREGNANT LADY WAS EILEEN. IT'S EILEEN ISN'T IT?

All and all a nice chapter, the story just keeps playing with my heart strings!
XxWatermelonSlicesxX chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
Poor Laura. It's interesting how she's attached herself to James, and how much their brief reunion has affected her. Well it's both affected them, but it was bound to impact James. It seems to impact her just as much, if not more so, which is really fascinating.

James, you're so self destructive. You get something nice, but you won't allow yourself be happy and you have to destroy it because of your guilt complex. Sad, sad, man. :( I suppose in SH2 he learned to accept the fact that he killed Mary and come to terms with why he did it, but he still hasn't grasped letting go of his guilt. So he sort of has learned half a lesson?

Depressing stuff, but addicting none the less.
XxWatermelonSlicesxX chapter 2 . 7/18/2012
I never minded Laura much, she was just a girl, if a bratty one. I am fascinated by what an older Laura is like.

Laura's leggy? Everyone knows that James is a leg man. That little detail was probably intentional. '

I like the last bit of the chapter with the two on the bench, I got a very clear and interesting visual. Is it weird that I'm getting an Ethan Frome vibe from this? Maybe it's just tone wise, because really plot wise...eh.

Anyway enough babbling about an already completed fic. Just wanted to give some feed back!
XxWatermelonSlicesxX chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Laura wearing a butterfly clip? Clever, I wonder if it implies some sort of new life with Laura(which could be seen as almost a rebirth of James who's pretty much dead inside), or Laura is actually also just another Mary related figment? Which is already a common theory among fans(ignoring the fact she interacted with Eddie), but you seem to be grounding this story. Great first chapter, I'm already immersed and feel wrapped up in the story. I might have to read this all in one sitting.
CelticPhoenixProductions chapter 10 . 6/19/2012
TT

One minute, let me get the tears out of my eyes...

Really beautiful story my friend. Top notch quality for such an open ending.
notyourleo chapter 10 . 6/17/2012
This story is beautiful. So amazing. The writing is refreshing, it felt so smooth you could actually sail with it, and how you portray the progress of the characters' relationships are very realistic.

(I love the cameos!)

You should write more of this; this story is so refreshing!
Ravenclaw992 chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
Another well-written chapter; I'm glad James and Laura got to talking. I didn't mind Laura that much in the game-she could be a little bratty, but I felt sorry for her when James told her about killing Mary. I mean, she was only 8 years old. /

I like this story so far and you're right, fanfic is pretty good for twisting certain things to make it work for you, as long as it's still plausible. There isn't a lot of good stories on this archive (at least, in my opinion anyway) so I'm glad I found this one!
Ravenclaw992 chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Wow, you write exceptionally well. I was impressed by the quality of your writing throughout the first half of the chapter. Very realistic.

I like how you brought Cybil back. And I always assumed that was Mary's diary on the hospital roof...wonder if James will continue having hallucinations or not? Hopefully Laura can help him with his situation (cheer him up a little). Whenever I played this game, I always wondered what happened to Laura after Silent Hill...

Great chapter; I'm ready to read more! Favoriting!
Saddened Soul chapter 10 . 11/17/2011
Well, that was a breath of fresh air. Great chapter-everything, from the writing itself to the imagery to the content and dialogue, was spot-on, probably the best it has been in this story. I could've done with a little less heavy-handed pop culture references near the middle, but that's just personal preference. Everything else was great.

I'm glad you took the story in the direction you did. More than anything, it's realistic and weighty. I was a little worried about the situation with Laura and James before, but you pulled it off well. Our feelings are always a contradicting, mixed mess, and I thought that was portrayed well here.

And cameos galore! Definitely put a smile on my face.

Finally, I'm wholly satisfied with how this turned out, and you should be, too. I've said before that, when all's said and done, the only voice you should when writing is your own. That's not to say to develop a complex or become a megalomaniac, but sometimes your gut works out spectacular things. Other times, it doesn't, but that's what we learn from.

Good job, anyway. I'd be interested in seeing what you do next-maybe take a similar approach to some other characters from the other games? Obviously don't retread the same ground, but maybe you can find something worth digging up and exploring. But, whatever you do, be proud of what you have here. I dismiss fanfiction a lot of the time-a bad attitude, I know-but I can admit there's some stuff here I've written that I'm proud of. Good writing is good writing.

Keep it up.
Hushabye chapter 10 . 11/14/2011
I saw that you updated and became extremely excited. And this chapter is so beautiful. Certainly worth the wait. Uniting most of the characters from the Silent Hill series proved very effective for this story- it seemed to tie everything together. Laura's and James' relationship was... oh, I can't even describe it. It's beautiful and ugly, satisfying and unwholesome (all good things, trust me- opposites make it well-rounded and pleasing). All in all, this is the best Silent Hill fanfic I've read. It tugged on my heartstrings. Especially when Laura admitted her love, and Henry and Eileen's baby was named Cynthia. Thank you for writing this. It's perfect. :3
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »