Reviews for I AM
AmberRiver02 chapter 3 . 6/20/2017
It was a pleasure to read your story! It is charming, subtle and touching :) I think you captured the mood well, although some characters were missed out!
U chapter 1 . 2/25/2017
You forgot about Larry, another of the Grape children. Arnie was therefore the fourth child.
IchBinAufKurs chapter 3 . 1/26/2014
Judging by how their mother reacted to them talking about their father in the movie, it's clear to say that her feelings were strong, but it was hard to tell if those feelings were positive or negative. I thought maybe he'd been a good husband, so maybe his suicide had been deliberately unexpected. It might've also been the reason why she became overweight. But, his death affected her negatively, that's for sure. But I guess the negative aspect makes more sense. It could explain why Gilbert didn't want to tell Becky about him. Anyway, I really liked your take on it and it makes sense the way you put it. And the presentation is put really eloquently. One of the other reviews said that you got some of the ages wrong, but that is irrelevant. You created a very interesting story by trying to explain some of the things that were left out in the dark. (I think it's awesome when movies do that though. When they explain everything.. I feel like they're dumbing the movie down to please a larger audience.) I love how you ended this chapter, but.. I still feel like it's incomplete. Based on the description I thought there was going to be more interactions between Gilbert and Arnie.
James Carry chapter 2 . 8/30/2013
Got it all wrong. It wasn't just Amy and Gilbert. There was also Larry. And if Arnie was 10 when she was pregnant with Ellen then how come she was 15 when he was 18?
BlueEyedMe chapter 3 . 1/29/2012
I just saw the movie, and hoped to find some fanfics. Sadly through there aren't many fanfics at all.. :'(

But I fell over yours - And what a pleasure it was to read! I really love it. It's so emotional and very well written. :)

Also, I was wondering if you're still writing on it, or you intents to end it here, as I would love to read more of this. :D