Reviews for When Night Falls
Guest chapter 37 . 12/11/2014
*Shivers at confrontation with the "beast.*"
of all monsters/creautres why did it have to be a spider not to mention Huge one.
ParsleyandThyme chapter 29 . 11/22/2014
Damn. This is an amazing look at a Clone's reaction to Sidius Palpatine. Simply Excellent. Loved the tension and developments. I like Derek's POV and how he talked about Rex-Very believable.
Guest chapter 14 . 9/30/2014
Who is more foolish The fool or the fool follow the fool
Chilli chapter 43 . 9/21/2014
AWESOME STORY LUV IT!I'm a Christian too
Ale chapter 66 . 8/6/2014
That was a very good story, I do have to say that I enjoyed it a lot :)

I felt like you did a good job of portraying the characters in a way that felt close to their canonical portrayals (within the boundaries of the circumstances of the story of course).

I liked how the relationships between the characters (all of them) evolved throughout the story. None of the characters was stagnant, and they all grew as a result of the occurances within the story.

I enjoyed Rex and Ahsoka's romance. Which is kinda weird for me since I don't particularly care for them as a couple or jedi romances in general. Still, I enjoyed how they grew into the relationship. It felt very real and very natural. It wasn't forced at all, and I suppose that has a lot to do with why I liked it :)

Derik...poor Derik :( I was sad that Britani died, but it did emphasize that part of the parallel between Derik and Anakin (which I totally didn't notice until Obi-Wan pointed it out...bad me). Derik really got the short end of the stick here, but it did help to make him a more sympathetic character. It kinda sucks that it was his own actions that led to her death (since we did find out that Bane had changed his mind or at least was actually considering not turning them in). But at least he'll never know that. Knowing that would probably have devastated the poor guy.

Still on the jedis, I'm surprised that Obi-Wan was the only other jedi that they found in six months unless they all kept dying? I did like them getting the chance to talk to Obi-Wan, though.

As for Cad Bane, I'm kinda sad that he gave his droid away, but I did like the interactions between Todo and Ahsoka. I do agree that Bane mistreats his droid, but I always kinda felt that their interactions kinda worked...if that makes any sense at all.
Still on Bane, other than the giving away of the droid, I kinda liked his ending. I probably would have liked a bit more (plus he was very generous there, like woah. But it is the price for peace of mind :P). I liked how he was annoyed at the jedi not being able to save their own selves and so he felt inclined to interfere on their behalf. I wonder if seeing Todo restored had anything to do with that, or if it was solely based on his and Ahsoka's interactions? I expected the jedi and bounty hunter to part ways, so there was no surprise there. I liked the semi-cryptic message he gave at the end. It was just cryptic enough to keep them suspicious and wondering just how much was planned from the beginning.

So yeah, I overall enjoyed this story a lot. Thank you very much for writing it.
I'm sorry that I couldn't give better reviews, but I tried to express at least a little how much I enjoyed the story. I hope it comes through :)

Thanks again!
Ale chapter 54 . 8/6/2014
Popping in to give another review :)

Again, I'm really enjoying everything you've done with this story. I can't imagine having to read it as it came out, though. It would be too many cliff hangers for my poor heart haha.

Anyway, I liked Ahsoka's breakthrough with Bane. In particular, I liked that her friends and Rex were able to help her out.

I kinda find it ironic that now that Bane finally has some (tiny) measure of trust for them (just Ahsoka), now she (and the others) have completely lost what little trust they had for him.

And I can't help but have a hollow feeling that everything is going to be going very wrong from this point on :( I am really REALLY hoping for a happy ending (for all of them preferably!), but I'm not sure if it's possible :( And I'm not sure if that's what you (the author) have in mind. I can only keep reading and hoping for the best.

I'm pretty hopeful that Ahsoka and Rex will have some sort of happy ending (I'm looking for the confession, but it's pretty expected at this point). I do have to say that I loved their slowly built relationship.
The OCs will likely have a happy ending too, but I can see things possibly going badly for Derik especially after the cliffhanger this chapter. I like the two OCs and I would like to read a happy ending for them as well.
And (as I said last review) Cad Bane is one of my favorite characters, and I would like for him to at least have a not-unhappy ending. And I like his interactions with his droid. I bet he'll be happier that his droid is back to normal, but he's smart enough to realize that it may have given him away. Then again, Derek might not give him the chance to realize it :(

So yeah...going into the next chapter fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
The Force wanted it to happen, so it must turn out ok...right? Right? (in denial)

Thanks again for writing this awesome story! :)
Ale chapter 35 . 8/3/2014
Oh yeah, one more thing I wanted to say.

I really liked the way you wrote the denial bits from Cad Bane's pov (if that makes sense). How you use the short choppy sentences. Little quick statements of a fact followed by another really short statement convincing himself that his last statement WAS a fact.

It makes it obvious (to the reader) that there is something more going on there.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure I expressed my appreciation of your writing style, especially those little parts :)
Ale chapter 35 . 8/3/2014
I wanted to pause here to review. Sorry if it isn't super lengthy or in depth, but I really want to keep on reading :P

First of all, this is an excellent, AMAZING story so far imo. I really like all of the character development and the fact that you actually pay attention to all of the characters.

I know the characters are going through extreme situations which makes them obviously have to do things that they otherwise would not do, but everything feels very in character so far.

I am most curious about where Cad Bane's story will go from here. I didn't/don't really want him to stay a villain, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I found this to be an interesting twist. It seems like everyone ignores the jedi mind trick thing. I guess because it's a kid show and they don't want anyone to think badly of the jedis, plus Bane is a villain, but still :P
Anyway, I'm most interested to see where you will go from here. Cad is one of my favorites, and I'm enjoying the way that you are writing him, especially all the crude commentary haha. But I do like the other three the way that you wrote them. I'm enjoying Rex and Ahsoka's slow build into a relationship. I find it very cute. I'm even enjoying your OC which is pretty rare for me :) I hope he can safely reunite with Britani.
In fact, I'm hoping for a 'happy' ending for all of them. At the same time, I'm not really expecting it, but it would be nice :P

Thank you for writing this story. I plan on reviewing again once I make it to the end, but I'm a slow reader, so it might be a while. (It took me about a week to get this far)
Ale chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Nice intro! It sounds exactly like the opening to one of their episodes. I'm excited to read where you go from here.
DazzlingCandiceBiscuit chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Just reading this first part makes me want to see what's ahead. It sounds very interesting and it sounds epic. I can't wait to read it! :)
theLadyCheshire chapter 66 . 7/15/2014
i most enjoyed your story! i have had similar ideas about the faults and failings inherent in the Jedi Code, but your theories, ideological as they may be, made much more sense to me than the more traditional views of the Order.
Britani was a rather interesting character. as the martyr type, i can see why you characterized her the way you did (and maybe this was addressed in your other fics) but she seemed just a bit too perfect in my view, despite her 'weakness' in the Force.
i was fascinated by her views of "the will of the Force". as a life-long fellow christian, i recognized many of Britani's ideas and even phrases used. i have rarely seen the parallels between God and the Force laid out as clearly as your depiction, and i thank you for reminding me to look for Him in unusual places.
theLadyCheshire chapter 12 . 7/12/2014
so far i'm enjoying this, however it seems that in your revisions some things have gotten choppy. about a third of the way through this chapter, when ahsoka is attacking Bane, she nearly collapses again- but the next paragraph picks up in the middle of a sentence, giving the impression that a bit of connecting actions were cut out accidentally.
KarmaHope chapter 66 . 6/21/2014
It's fitting that a story about Order 66 had 66 chapters. I really enjoyed this. I refuse to believe Ahsoka fell in the purge. As far as this 'verse goes, I'd like to believe that Anakin had a vague idea of what was going to happen, and knowingly sent Ahsoka to Tosste with clones she wasn't as familiar with and Rex in an attempt to further her chances of survival. I think you played Bane very well, right to the end. You didn't trust him, but you did, but they weren't really friends, but maybe in the vaguest of vague senses they were. Anyhow, very well done. The epilogue with Obi-Wan really pulled it all together. I would not have been happy if this story ended without Ahsoka seeing the person who was basically her second Master. I also have the belief that she goes back and visits him every once and a while, or every few years. It makes me happy to think old Ben wasn't completely alone for those twenty-someodd years.

Thanks for writing this!
Immaduck chapter 61 . 5/19/2014
*ALTERNATE ENDING!*
-After the three embraced each other (while each of them reflected on their countless adventures and lives) another message from Bane was sent to the ship.

"By the way, I was just kidding about the cash, the Imperial database systems and the what-nots. Truth is I'm still pretty pissed about you guys trying to kill me, so I rigged this ship to self destruct moments after this message is sent to you. Payback's a bitch isn't? Farewell, kiddos!" The message was then cut off as looks of shock and disbelief was on everyone's faces. Ahsoka quickly turned to Rex and said with passion in her voice, "Rex...I just want to say I love you!"

Rex closed his eyes and took a deep breath and proclaimed, "And I love you...DERICK!"
*DUN DUN DUUUUUNNN!* Ahsoka was baffled by this statement and was left completely speechless while Derick just looked at Rex with confusion. Then after a moment of awkward silence Derick finally managed to come up with the right words for the current situation they were in...

"WHAT THE FU-"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM! The ship exploded and not a trace of them was ever found. The Empire continued to rule over the galaxy for the next 20 years or so while Cad Bane spent the rest of his days in a local casino spending his credits on space hookers and blackjack! The scene ends like in Looney Tunes but instead of Porky Pig its a picture of Bane with a dopey smile on his face, with his arms in the air, and the words "WHO ELSE BUT BANE?" are written on the bottom of the picture.

THE END! :D (I are great at written!)
chipmunkfanantic chapter 66 . 5/18/2014
Okay I know that line , you took it right out of episode IV when Luke is getting ready to fire his proton torpedos during the battle of Yavin and I think Master Kenobi's vaction is to watch and wait to train Anakin's son Luke in the ways of the force like he did with Anakin , his father , nice ending in fact I don't say this a whole lot if I do , May the force be with you , my friend
1,174 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »