Reviews for When Night Falls
Hoenn Master96 chapter 65 . 9/5/2012
Aww YEAH! Obi-Wan is my favorite character! Now... We shall see what Rex and Obi-Wan will say... *rubs hands together*

Signed: Hoenn Master, forever a patriot.
laloga chapter 65 . 9/5/2012
Yay! It's been far too long since we got an update from you, so I was happy to see this in my inbox. When's the next part coming up?

This is an interesting time for Obi-Wan, one that I know has been "recorded" in the EU even if I haven't read any of "The Last Of The Jedi" series. In any case, I think you've done a great job capturing him in this transitional period, the time between the prequels and the OT. Everything in his life has changed and in such a short amount of time, and his task as Luke's (distant) guardian means that he now is essentially responsible for the next generation of Jedi.

So I loved seeing him take a somewhat more "active" role in that task in counseling Ahsoka and Derek. Great job balancing Obi-Wan's inevitable feelings of the dangers of attachment with the wise and thoughtful man that he is; naturally, he'd be inclined to lean towards the "attachment is bad and should be avoided at all costs" mentality - given his experience with Anakin - but I think he's seen enough of the galaxy to understand that things are not so black-and-white as that.

Still, it's understandable that he feels apprehensive about Ahsoka and Rex's relationship, especially given what happened to Anakin. Love can be a force for great good or evil, depending on who's doing the loving and why.

*That was Ahsoka, alright.* This was a great moment - pure, perfectly written Ahsoka in all her exuberance! :D

Loved Obi-Wan's talk with Derek! I was especially interested to see the connection that he made between Derek and Anakin: "Derek and Anakin shared much in common: brash, brave and aggressive young men, who seemed inclined to be led by their emotions rather than their heads." However, Derek had friends and support, so he was able to avoid the "downside" of loving someone and having them taken away; it makes me wonder how differently things would have worked out for Anakin had he felt he had a similar support system. This is - I think - where the Jedi failed their own. By espousing such a theory - that love/attachment are inherently bad and should be avoided - they essentially cut off one another from any kind of true support system other than, "let go of your worries," with disastrous results.

Cyrodil tea! [insert hearts] :D

I really enjoyed Ahsoka's speech on love at the end. It shows how far she's developed as a character, and serves to add yet another new perspective on the issue for Obi-Wan to consider. "Loving someone demands the same selflessness and sacrifice that we Jedi work so hard for, but in return we get new strength, and new vision." Sigh. I wish the Jedi had looked at it like this, rather than tried to stick their heads in the sand and avoid the subject altogether with a blanket "don't do this" statement. Humans - or sentients, in the GFFA - are going to want emotional bonds; it's our nature. It goes against who we are to deny ourselves of these ties, so why not teach the Jedi how to handle the inevitable rather than just hope they avoid it?

Now that I've rambled on and on about attachment, I will say that I'm *so* looking forward to Rex and Obi-Wan's convo, and the rest of this! :D Great job! You need to write more. ;)
DoubleEO chapter 65 . 9/4/2012
Ohh, :) This is going to be good! :) Can't wait to read what's coming next!
BlackAquoKat chapter 28 . 9/4/2012
Well, I can't exactly blame Bane for not hitting it off with Derek, because the kid isn't exactly hitting it off with me either. As much as I appreciate his intentions and understand his anger, he's just acting like a total...is 'stubborn jackass' too harsh?

At least Ahsoka didn't let too much of it get to her...that's good and bad, but still. I also love how she didn't just leave Rexie there by himself. Even if my bipolar best friend told me to leave her alone, I always just sit next to her and don't speak. This reminded me of a moment me and her had together last year...only she didn't punch me. Same principle though.

Can't wait until the next one! Thanks sooo much!
shadow-dog18 chapter 65 . 9/4/2012
oh awesome new chapter i fun it fun to read anyways at least they found obi-wan so yeah great chapter as always 3
Kelana-ti chapter 65 . 9/3/2012
Squee! Awesome. :D I've often wondered what it would be like when Ahsoka met Obi-wan after Order 66... not necessarily in your story, but in any story. The first meeting, definently would be like yours. I had imagined there would be tears, and this did not disapoint. C: And of course, there has to be some talking about attatchment. Yeah, really happy, and looking forward to the next chapter.
Chewbrok chapter 65 . 9/3/2012
Good chapter, please update soon.
- Chewbrok
Righterzpen chapter 10 . 9/3/2012
I like the rewrites of these past few chapters. The ideas are definitly smoother running and "crisper" than the originals.

Yes, Ashoka is "out of it" in a certain sense; but I'm still finding that it would take cognative thought to put together "offering herself" as a means of survival. (Which isn't uncommon in wars.) Especially since Rex has told her about order 66 and the current state of the world they now live in. Comming to the conclusion somewhere of "having to result to that" isn't a natural byproduct of trauma. That conclusion is a cognative decision making process. A convuluted decision making process, yet still a choice. Thus shows a certain ethical / moral failing upon the part of Ashoka. That's OK though, since people best like characters they can relate to - not necessiarly ones that are "perfect".

I liked your sequence of her dream in this particular chapter. Her questioning how her actions were really percieved by the clones. What she may have thought to herself was showing caring concern, very well may have been misinterpreted by at least some of the guys under her command.

I like your rewrite of Rex too. He doesn't understand why she's acting the way she is; but he's steady enough in himself not to question his own reactions to her behavior. At this point, he don't want to go there and he knows it. In that sense he's showing stronger character and ethics than she is. And his hoping that she really is just real confused right now. That's good.

I also like the fact that you gave Cad Bane a known "mission" so to speak. It makes things more concrete - which is good. I just hope Cad doesn't become to perdictable in this. I'll just have to keep reading to see. LOL
Alpenwolf chapter 65 . 9/3/2012
it's nice to see obi-wan kicking butts and everything, even if I know that he survived the order ... didn't really thought about them finding obi-wan ... searching yes, but finding a yedi who doesn't want to be found is a hard thing
Sarge1995 chapter 65 . 9/3/2012
D'awww...and so we come to an end of the story, safe and sound in Obi-Wan's kitchen, having a bittersweet moment or two. Absolutely lovely as always my friend! :)
Starheart23 chapter 65 . 9/3/2012
Aww! 3
Loved this chapter!
Can't wait for the last part 3
One on one? Sounds good :3
Starcrier chapter 65 . 9/3/2012
There are no words to accurately describe the brilliance of this. None at all. You have just made my entire month. Go have a cup of caff on the house to celebrate. :)

Missed this!

Sincerely,
Starcrier.
Flutielover chapter 64 . 8/27/2012
I love this story so much, I read it again! The re-write with the earlier chapters was very well done, it seemed to flow much better. Can't wait for the sequal!
Righerzpen chapter 7 . 8/27/2012
Interesting rewrite of Cull. You gave him a definitive ending there! Interesting twist of events. I liked the end of the chapter though. I think it was fitting. For what ever the totality of his reasons. He took those with him to the grave. Good literary tactic, since now the reader isn't wondering about him as the story continues to unfold. It works well!
Righterzpen chapter 4 . 8/26/2012
Hey Sach - it's me. I've finally gotten to reading your rewrite here. I like how you put this together much better than the first wright. It does ring a little truer to combat, in that Ashoka's refusal to believe "her men" would kill her would have actually done her in if Rex hadn't intervened. I also like the way you kept secret how Rex was processing this.

I still think for "realistic combat" she would have done one of two things. Either stand defenseless in shock and get killed flat out, or flip into auto piolet and slaughter all the oncoming clones. Obviously in the first case senerio, you'd have a very short story; in the second she'd have to be spending a lot of time after the fact processing what happened and having to be forced into the position of killing them all. But maybe you just "saved that senerio" for me to write. LOL

I got some catching up on reading to do, but since I had surgery and will be stuck in the house for another four weeks or so, I'll have a lot of time to read. So I'm sure you'll see more "anomyous" reveiws in the future. (Until of course I get to the chapters I haven't read.) Talk to you soon though - I'm sure.
1,181 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »