Reviews for When Night Falls
shakespeareaddict chapter 6 . 6/14/2011
Dun dun DAH!

Very realistic again, but I have one question: If this story is supposed to focus on how his experience with Cut changed Rex, then why does he think about how he shares "everything" with his brothers? Or do I have this mixed up with your 66 oneshot?
Slade1987 chapter 6 . 6/14/2011
And the man in the back said everyone attack and it turned into a ballroom blitz.

IE, it's all about to come falling apart.
StarWarsRocksMySocks chapter 6 . 6/14/2011
OMG! THE SUSPENSE IN KILLING ME! PLEASE UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! AHSOKA YOU BETTER BE OK! REX SAVE AHSOKA!
laloga chapter 6 . 6/14/2011
"I don't know how much more tension I can take." Hopefully a lot, Rexter. Have a feeling it's a-coming. ;)

Loved Rex's step-by-step thinking through of the entire process; I could clearly picture everything that was happening. Great job weaving his thoughts on being a "traitor" to his brothers within this as well. He's trying *not* to think about what he's doing, just *how* he's going to do it, but of course the doubts and fears sneak in. "The subversiveness, the deception, it pained Rex. He never hid things from his brothers. He had always prided himself on having nothing to hide. Everything he did was out in the open, because everything he did was something he was proud of. It was the way things were supposed to be. After all, if you hadn't done anything wrong, what was there to hide? Rex swallowed. Everything, apparently."

Ahsoka's reaction to the evil "thing out there" was well-done; she's aware that something *big* is wrong, but lacks the experience (or training) to understand what's happening. It was a great moment of of Ahsoka-ness for her to think about the "boring" holocrons or that sparring with Barriss was more "fun" than learning healing techniques. Also liked her doubts about Rex's intentions...poor thing!

This was great: "She's disturbingly good at playing dead, Rex noted wryly." There are some great details in this sequence that really flesh out the realism of the moment.

And they meet Cull! Great job...looking forward to the next chapter!
TheLightIsMine chapter 6 . 6/14/2011
Oh no. Ahsoka's devastation at what her Master has done will be crushing...and I hope Rex manages to get them both out of this...! Can't wait for more.
captainrexbest35 chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
yay my laptops back up now i can reveiw and i've uped the reward for reviewing on my stories 3 brownies 6 cookies (your choice of flavor)and one cake of your choice
Slade1987 chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
You know, the irony of all this is that the Jedi DID try to overthrow the Supreme Chancellor. It was for the greater good yes, but technically they did instigate an attack on the elected leader of the Republic thereby allowing hte order to be executed legally.
shakespeareaddict chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Whoa.

What was that you said about this not being "epic"?

This chapter and the last one are so intense, and very realistic. Any clone would hesitate before killing his brothers, especially a captain or commander, since their job is obviously to protect his brothers, and I think you really captured that aspect while at the same time showing how much Rex cares for Ahsoka, and she cares for him.

And Ahsoka's entire scene last chapter, especially the end-I was almost scared he was going to go through with it. But it's touching that, even if he was going to kill her, and even if she knew that, she'd still let him do it.

Bane, on the other hand, is a very low, very slimy character, and while I'm sure he has limits or something, you really shouldn't be afraid to make him too evil. Well, he's not going to slaughter children without a good reason, but he won't be buying Girl Scout cookies from them, either.

Point is, evil characters can be really fun to write since they're so downright nasty, and I think if you just sort of run with it you might find him enjoyable to write, if nothing else.

Good luck!
TheLightIsMine chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Love it. So much. Just a point - watch the spelling of "rogue", you put "rouge" instead. But I really love the way their relationship is progressing, extremely well written. D
StarWarsRocksMySocks chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Wow! Brilliant chapter! Poor Ahsoka! I hope she's OK! Rex, I LOVE you for saving Ahsoka :) Please update soon!
Queen chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Wrinkleface? Nice. Also love Bane's comment about how the *Emperor* is "almost as bad" as him. I do love that Bane's basically out to screw over the Emperor. I'm not sure how well that will go, but it certainly sounds interesting.

I was wondering at the end of the last chapter how you were going to handle the 'shot' at Ahsoka. A point-blank range stunner at the head would probably kill her, especially considering her already existing injuries. Also poignant here is Rex's realization that Ahsoka had killed some of the other soldiers - obviously in self-defense while under a large attack - but still, she'd killed them, and if he's going to remain with her, then he'd eventually be at risk of doing the same.

Also wondering what Rex is going to do with a transport back to Coruscant, not to mention what Bane is cooking up.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
laloga chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Yay! Bane's in the picture! Great job with his character, and your A/N leaves me wondering how his story is going to go...

I have a hard time imagining that Palpatine would bother taking the time to "debate" ethics with a lowly bounty hunter, but perhaps he's in a good mood from his new title. :P Enjoyed this line: "Two can play his game./ But only one can play mine."

Poor Rex. He's going through some pretty major angst right now, which is understandable given the conflicting natures of his desire to do his duty (like a "good soldier") and his certainty that the Jedi (and Ahsoka) don't deserve to be murdered. I found the scene with him "killing" her to be remarkably tender and sweet (in an odd way), given the circumstances. "He stooped just a little more than necessary, and as he stretched the thin rag over her body, he brushed his fingers against her cheek lightly."

His realization that she did kill his brothers, albeit in self-defense, leads nicely into his own understanding that he will likely have to do so as well in order to keep her safe. I chuckled when he shut off his comm and started swearing, but it was a good way for him to vent his frustrations. The buckets are handy like that, aren't they? This was great: "So he continued his traitorous plan, insulting and fuming at his dutiful and orderly brothers needlessly, trying to throw them off his true intentions. He snarled and cursed in their faces, simply because they were being better soldiers than he." Again, poor Rex. I think he's being a good *man*, which is better (in my mind) than being a good soldier, but I know he doesn't see it like that...yet. Hopefully he'll figure that out, one day.

Poor Ahsoka, though I'm glad that she was able to play along with Rex's plan, despite her injuries. "Hang on, kid." Indeed.

And, naturally, Bane's delighted reaction to the destruction of the Jedi Order was amusing, if grim.

Excellent chapter! Looking forward to more!
NoxUmbra chapter 4 . 6/12/2011
Oh, I LOVE this so far. I can't wait to read the next installment - you've got me hanging on the edge of my seat!
DoubleEO chapter 4 . 6/11/2011
AHHH! I can't believe this! *Read's again* They turned on her! Can't wait to see what happens with Rex!
veggiecat chapter 4 . 6/10/2011
Please tell me the blaster was on stun
1,180 | « Prev Page 1 .. 67 74 75 76 77 78 .. Last Next »