Reviews for When Night Falls
captainrexbest35 chapter 12 . 6/25/2011
looovvved it!
DoubleEO chapter 11 . 6/24/2011
Cad Bane has arrived. What is he up to? :D I love it!
captainrexbest35 chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
next chapter next chapter next chapter and action i'm going to eat popcorn
captainrexbest35 chapter 10 . 6/23/2011
crazy stuff makes me crazy
captainrexbest35 chapter 8 . 6/23/2011
things are getting crazy as it is like it
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Loving this!
StarWarsRocksMySocks chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Awesome! I really can't wait for you to update! :)
laloga chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Excellent job tying up Ahsoka's "loose ends" so to speak. (Pun? Maybe a bad one? IDK) I'm *officially* on board with her mental state and her words from the previous chapter make a bit more sense now that we've gotten a peek inside her head. And now her true strength starts to really come out: "The past was behind her, and behind Rex. She had been weak, and not herself...I'm still a Jedi. I must be strong. I must serve however I can. There must be something she could do to help...She needed to fight back, somehow." Yay! I'm glad! Good for her! You've gotten a really good handle on Ahsoka here, blending her optimism and goodwill with the traumatic nature of her recent experiences. I'm curious to see what she'll become in your world.

Poor Rexter. As Ahsoka points out, he does take the weight of the world on his shoulders, more so than any clone was meant to, I think: "Rex was no stranger to bearing responsibility...After Saleucami, he consciously accepted the additional load of defending innocents, people like Cut and his family." And now he's got Ahsoka to look after, though I know that they'll have to rely on each other for support in these dark times.

His armor! A facepalm moment if there ever was one...I loved Ahsoka's reaction: *Things happen, people forget stuff.* Almost seeming flippant at first, it' isn't at all, because she's so understanding, especially when it comes to him. The tension while they were crouched together, waiting for their "last battle" while their ship was being cut open was incredible...fantastic job with that moment! I could picture everything perfectly: "Ahsoka felt Rex tense. She turned to look at him, bathed in the soft light of her weapon. He was crouched in battle-readiness, both blasters armed and ready. He had moved himself as much in front of her as he could. Right to the end, he tried to protect her, even when they both knew it was no use. Rex always did that. He always put her safety over his. His last act would be a desperate attempt to keep her alive just a few seconds longer than he." I love lightsabers...they create such a dramatic picture in the reader's mind; their glow, their sound, everything about them is magical almost...and you used Ahsoka's subtly, but with great effect here.

And Bane's on the scene to play "rescuer" - erm, sort of. In his own way, at least! :P Can't wait to see how *that* plays out! Great job! I look forward to more! :)
childofLight chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Love it! I was a little distutbed by Ahsokas 'offer' but I love the way you did Rex. It's so sweet how he always trying to take care of her.
Laelwen chapter 10 . 6/22/2011
Come on Bane! An, ah, interesting take on Ahsoka's emotions.
DoubleEO chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
Love it! You did a great job with the emotions. You found a great place to end the chapter! :D
Slade1987 chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
Well there we go for psychological trauma. Rex not exactly the quickest on the uptake when it comes to matters of the mind though in this situation I can't say I blame him.

Good to see Ahsoka is now calming down. Poor little tailhead...oops, err...I mean girl. Yes, that's the one.

I like the interplay between Bane and Todo. I know Bane is from the series, but what of the droid? Is that an OC or an actual Lucas character?

And I saw a magazine today about the next leg of TCW, apparently it was talking about the darkening of the series to presage Anakin's fall. Kinda want to go read it now and see how that goes. Really need to go watch tath series.
shakespeareaddict chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
Well, that explains a lot.

Excellent job capturing the whole pychological effect of 66 and Cull's words and Anakin's fall and culminating it in a rather primal need for protection, in any way it could be gained. Now that it's been explained, it makes perfect sense. Although I imagine that in some ways, if things were different between Rex and Ahsoka, she could've needed his love for a whole other reason, but that's a different can of worms.

And of course, Rex's sex drive is screaming "GO FOR IT!" Ha ha. I guess even when we know something's wrong, there are some parts of all of us that would want to ignore the nagging voice in our heads.

Meanwhile, Bane and Todo are still arguing over random stuff. It adds a nice hint of "humor" without showing complete irreverance for the grim situation they face. And Bane just kicks shebs already. But how are they supposed to find Rex and Ahsoka if Rex just "deactivated" the transponder?

And another thing. In her dream, where Anakin shouted "I hate you"-right before that was a bit awkward. He's calling her Snips but then saying he hated her? I don't know. And then he doesn't pursue her. Another weird bit. It would make more sense if he was "dragged back into the wild infero" or "dissappeared in the growing smoke", IMO. It just seems to 'flow" better and adds to the imagery quite nicely, if I do say so myself.
StarWarsRocksMySocks chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
Ahhh! LOVED THIS CHAPTER! PLEASE UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! CAD BANE IS COMIN'! ;D Please update! Amazing chapter! Awesome!
laloga chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
Lots going on here! Wow, you know how to pack it in! (I mean that in a good way!)

Ahsoka's vision was incredibly intense and vivid; the contrast between Anakin and Rex was well-done and very telling of Ahsoka's mental state - her sense of betrayal and loss (from Anakin) laid against her feelings of hope and safety (centered around Rex). And then, of course, Rex's cold, harsh words, spoken behind the expressionless helmet cut her deeper than anything else, it seems. *Finally he spoke, his voice cold and stiff and strangely modulated through his helmet. "I don't have a thing for tailheads. I'm not that kind of man." Then he turned and walked away.*

Loved Rex's "deactivating" the transponder! It was a good way for him to vent some of his frustration in a productive manner, while also bringing a touch of humor within the intensity of this chapter. I liked how you showed his reaction to Ahsoka's request, the trace of desire that was superseded by his feelings of friendship; of course, it does leave a crack in the door for those feelings further on, but now isn't really the time to follow through on them. "It certainly didn't help that his own body betrayed him. Even as his heart and mind revolted at the mere concept of taking advantage of his hurting friend, a small part of him snapped to attention at her 'offer'." He's a male; part of him will react in this very visceral way to her words, but he's a good man for realizing that she said what she did as a way to seek comfort and reassurance.

That being said, I'm still on the fence about Ahsoka's reasons for making her request of him. I see the set-up; I understand how insecure and traumatized she is, but I'm just not sure I am on board with her "bribing" Rex for his loyalty. I think that the Ahsoka and Rex that you've portrayed up until now have the kind of relationship that would be solid without such things. I realize that she's stricken beyond belief, and that Cull's words "got" to her, but for someone with such innocence and strength of character - even if those things have been tainted by the horrors of war - well, I'm just not sure of her motivations for making such an offer right now.

In any case, Rex handled the situation admirably, for all that he was clearly *incredibly* uncomfortable! He's a good friend, indeed, to be able to look past all the awkwardness and try to repair the potential rift that the moment could have caused their relationship. Ahsoka's moment of "I guess I don't outrank you anymore, huh?" was a lovely touch, showing that she's still *her,* despite all that's happened. It was a great way to show her strength in the middle of such hardship.

And they meet Bane soon! Yay! I'm looking forward to that!

Another awesome chapter! Can't wait for more...so that's tomorrow, right? :P
1,223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 .. Last Next »