Reviews for When Night Falls
Slade1987 chapter 12 . 6/25/2011
Actually I've liked Bane since you first introduced him. He's my kind of scum. I'd never trust him with my life, but damn me if I don't like him. I'm a lunatic like that, I can appreciate the qualities of someone even if I know they're a right dastardly fiend at heart.

Very interesting development, now we finally see the continuation of your earlier vignette brought into play within your story. Where on earth are you taking us?
powerstaark chapter 12 . 6/25/2011
I only review exceptionally good stories and this story is one of them. I've been reading your stories for a while now but I only rarely write reviews because if I make a mistake in the review I can't change it (I'm a perfectionist and I don't like making mistakes).

You keep everyone in character in this story and in your other stories. Even though Ahsoka is traumatised by being attacked by her own clones you don't make her personality any different; even the strongest of people would have a hard time dealing with a betrayal like that.

As for Cad Bane he's still as cunning and cold hearted as ever. Not to mention a dirty fighter. However he did rescue them, for selfish reasons I'm sure but he saved them nevertheless. As for Ahsoka trying to find his good side...well Bane has never shown any conscience as far as I know.

I also like the way you portray Rex. If Ahsoka and Rex are still alive by the time of Order 66, I don't think that Rex would turn against her. I might be wrong - he is a clone after all - but I find it hard to believe that Rex would betray her.
laloga chapter 12 . 6/25/2011
Whew! Exciting chapter!

Opening this chapter with Rex's POV was an excellent bridge from the previous one; it in no way felt redundant or repetitive. :)

Loved this moment between Ahsoka and Rex: "She had given him one last spark of joy, like she had always done in the past for their men. It was like a goodbye gift. And it was certainly better than some hollow platitude." It feels very *right* for her to be joking around, even in the face of certain death, even despite everything that's happened, if for no other reason than to make Rex smile. I'm really enjoying the interaction that you have going between these two, from both of their perspectives. Rex's thought that they make a good team felt very apropos as well.

Again, I loved the image of our heroes standing together, facing what they think will be their final battle, facing certain death, bathed in the light of Ahsoka's lightsaber and the glow of the plasma cutter. (Side note: I learned a new word today...kerf. Had to look it up! :P)

HUGE props for making use of Ahsoka's Togrutan heritage; it seems that on the show, she may as well be Human because she never seems to show any sign that she had non-Human abilities like echolocation or advanced eyesight. It was really nice to see you incorporate that.

Poor Rex! As much as I'm loving your portrayal of Cad Bane, that was one *dirty* move...maybe it's because I'm a woman, but I didn't "get" what had happened until Ahsoka's POV kicked in, then I winced. And hard enough to make the armor crack. Ouch! Still, it works with Bane's character. I did like Ahsoka's tactic to fight Bane, using him to support herself even as she attacked him, though it didn't last long. Loved the "wardrobe malfunction" comment as well. Boy, Bane does get some good lines, huh? Guess it comes with the territory of being a huge jerk. (Also enjoyed "jar-bred imbecile.")

And now that they've left the frying pan, well...things are definitely going to get even more "interesting," which is saying something. Seriously loving this...can't wait for more! :D
captainrexbest35 chapter 12 . 6/25/2011
looovvved it!
DoubleEO chapter 11 . 6/24/2011
Cad Bane has arrived. What is he up to? :D I love it!
captainrexbest35 chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
next chapter next chapter next chapter and action i'm going to eat popcorn
captainrexbest35 chapter 10 . 6/23/2011
crazy stuff makes me crazy
captainrexbest35 chapter 8 . 6/23/2011
things are getting crazy as it is like it
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Loving this!
StarWarsRocksMySocks chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Awesome! I really can't wait for you to update! :)
laloga chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Excellent job tying up Ahsoka's "loose ends" so to speak. (Pun? Maybe a bad one? IDK) I'm *officially* on board with her mental state and her words from the previous chapter make a bit more sense now that we've gotten a peek inside her head. And now her true strength starts to really come out: "The past was behind her, and behind Rex. She had been weak, and not herself...I'm still a Jedi. I must be strong. I must serve however I can. There must be something she could do to help...She needed to fight back, somehow." Yay! I'm glad! Good for her! You've gotten a really good handle on Ahsoka here, blending her optimism and goodwill with the traumatic nature of her recent experiences. I'm curious to see what she'll become in your world.

Poor Rexter. As Ahsoka points out, he does take the weight of the world on his shoulders, more so than any clone was meant to, I think: "Rex was no stranger to bearing responsibility...After Saleucami, he consciously accepted the additional load of defending innocents, people like Cut and his family." And now he's got Ahsoka to look after, though I know that they'll have to rely on each other for support in these dark times.

His armor! A facepalm moment if there ever was one...I loved Ahsoka's reaction: *Things happen, people forget stuff.* Almost seeming flippant at first, it' isn't at all, because she's so understanding, especially when it comes to him. The tension while they were crouched together, waiting for their "last battle" while their ship was being cut open was incredible...fantastic job with that moment! I could picture everything perfectly: "Ahsoka felt Rex tense. She turned to look at him, bathed in the soft light of her weapon. He was crouched in battle-readiness, both blasters armed and ready. He had moved himself as much in front of her as he could. Right to the end, he tried to protect her, even when they both knew it was no use. Rex always did that. He always put her safety over his. His last act would be a desperate attempt to keep her alive just a few seconds longer than he." I love lightsabers...they create such a dramatic picture in the reader's mind; their glow, their sound, everything about them is magical almost...and you used Ahsoka's subtly, but with great effect here.

And Bane's on the scene to play "rescuer" - erm, sort of. In his own way, at least! :P Can't wait to see how *that* plays out! Great job! I look forward to more! :)
childofLight chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Love it! I was a little distutbed by Ahsokas 'offer' but I love the way you did Rex. It's so sweet how he always trying to take care of her.
Laelwen chapter 10 . 6/22/2011
Come on Bane! An, ah, interesting take on Ahsoka's emotions.
DoubleEO chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
Love it! You did a great job with the emotions. You found a great place to end the chapter! :D
Slade1987 chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
Well there we go for psychological trauma. Rex not exactly the quickest on the uptake when it comes to matters of the mind though in this situation I can't say I blame him.

Good to see Ahsoka is now calming down. Poor little tailhead...oops, err...I mean girl. Yes, that's the one.

I like the interplay between Bane and Todo. I know Bane is from the series, but what of the droid? Is that an OC or an actual Lucas character?

And I saw a magazine today about the next leg of TCW, apparently it was talking about the darkening of the series to presage Anakin's fall. Kinda want to go read it now and see how that goes. Really need to go watch tath series.
1,226 | « Prev Page 1 .. 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 .. Last Next »