Reviews for The Monsters of Man
Gojirahkiin chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
I'll admit to not being particularly familiar with Evangelion, certainly not as familiar with it as I am Godzilla, but I understand enough to say that I think you've done both justice. Godzilla is nearly indestructible, but not even he could tank an N2 mine completely unscathed. I also think you nailed it with your portrayal of how he fights the Eva's; they're so much smaller and weaker than him that from his perspective they probably don't register as threats, just larger versions of tanks and masers – annoyances and nothing more.

Also, as a former literature major I liked the comparison between Godzilla and the One Ring, and as a bit of a science and sci-fi geek I liked the characters pausing in shock and horror to try to understand how Godzilla works. They remove nothing from the action and fit perfectly with the story's atmosphere.
Brenden chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
goodwork
Neo-Devil chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
continue this thing, I want to see Godzilla ruin ALL of Gendo and SEELE's plans, destroy the Demons(Angels), destroy Adam, and thus stop Third Impact all on his own like the unstoppable force he is.
Thuktun Flishithy chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
I must say, this was a pretty good story.
Ryuus2 chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
You know, as I was reading the first part of this, I was quite looking forward to an epic Eva-vs-angel-vs-zilla brawl. But then I realized I was forgetting one very important fact: scale. Eva's and Angels have been known to make effective use of tall buildings as cover, whereas Godzilla has never seen skyscrapers as anything but shiny rock spires good for dropping on other monsters. It really hit home about the time he killed the angel with just three quick punches.

If you're up for it, would you consider writing continuations showing how The One True King of All Monsters (title as deserved after seeing the newest Godzilla movie and more recently the Death Battle vs Gamera here on Youtube) might have an impact on the rest of the Angel War? He wouldn't have to fight all of them, of course, the spider and virus standing out as incredibly weak opponents, but the one with the planet-drop strategy and Zeruel might be able to get his attention and put up a fight, respectively.

Keep up the great work!
genesicgaogaigarvsgodgundam chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
nice job
Jigoku no Yami chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
i honestly enjoyed this. Would be cool to see a second chapter of the Cluster Fuck Issues that everyone starts Blaming everyone and what to do about Godzilla being alive?
Gundam Kaiser chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Damn, man, this fic was awesome. You should be very proud of having written it. It's a shame I've never gotten to see Return of/Godzillaa '85 yet, though.
Schniedragon88 chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Absolutely fantastic.
I love the way you captured Godzilla's nigh-invulnerability. Although I feel surviving the positron rifle was pushing it a little. Throwing everything you have against it and still it moves, lives, fights? Awesome! Makes you wonder what will become of the Big G when Third Impact rolls around. Perhaps it will all be beneath him, not worthy of his notice.
Fantastic story!
CaptainDavidBlake chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
All right, I had to review this. This is probably one of the most imaginative and all around awesome Eva fanfics around, and that's saying a lot.

I've grown with Godzilla movies and toys, and he's always been my favourite monster of them all. There's something about his tragedy, nature, and general badassery that appeals very much to the little boy in me (and that new movie only made it all surface again - damn that was an aweosme movie!). You really do a great service to him by not only making a very original and exciting battle scene, but by also tackling the radioactive nature of him, and Mankind's fooly while at it.

Furthermore, I do love how even against the Evas, Godzilla is still nigh-unstopable.

I've been thinking on doing something akin to this since I saw the new movie, but it would need a lot of work to be made and, in general, be its own thing.

Well, all in all, this was amazing. Great work!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
This is about as well as it could be expected to go.
gojirason chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
That was great, nice to see something that somehow went past my radar for over a year.

Very well written, and a good premise, but I can't help but feel like it ends on an incomplete note.
Darth Malleus chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
The first Godzilla film I ever saw was the 1991 Godzilla vs. King Ghidora, and I was a fan of the franchise ever since. I consider Godzilla to be a bit of a guilty pleasure, because lets face it most of the explanations, besides the original monsters being born through the 1950's nuclear experiments, made absolutely no sense. I am also a fan of Evangelion, so this was a very nice surprise, and I enjoyed it immensely. If you ever decide on a sequel I will definitely read it.
DrunkenGrognard chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
...Damn. Just... Damn. This is brilliant.
PinaPoe chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
This was a very fun read. Who knew Godzilla would have me so emotionally invested :P