Reviews for Thinking With Aperture Plasmids
EggplantWitch chapter 9 . 8/16/2012
I practically cried here because from where I'm standing, this fic is basically the most beautiful corpse I have ever seen. It's been quite a while since you've updated, and I can only assume that you've done exactly what I do every single time and have just LOST INTEREST (if that isn't the case almost everything else I'm going to say is going to look utterly idiotic so just ignore this). And that's the worst thing that can happen to someone when you publish work on the internet. Take it from me.

I guess I should leave a proper review anyway (5000 million words incoming) so here we go. The good points? From a personal point of view, you've not made a big song and dance so far about the things that happened in Bioshock 2. That's good for me because I've not actually played it. The best thing though, I think, is that you've kept the cores as cores while also being humans AT THE SAME TIME. It's GENIUS. How did you ever come up with that? It's such a brilliant idea and you make it work FLAWLESSLY. True story, right there. I love it. I may, sometime in the future, steal it and claim it as my own. We'll probably see.

I'm not even going to bother to say how well you've woven these two brilliant games into each other, because everyone else has already said it and I reckon you should know it yourself by now. So what can you improve? Well...the only thing I can really think of narrative-wise is to go crazy with your creativity a bit. I can tell you've been sort of narrowing yourself down, trying to use more of the Portal 2 dialogue in order to make the fic feel more authentic. Trust me, so long as you get the characters in-character (no problems there, by the way, everyone is A-OK), the fic will feel authentic no matter what. The only other thing to improve is to give Chell a damn gun. Seriously. She's going to end up missing an arm at this rate.

That's it for now. I guess the only other thing to say is that I hope I've perhaps possibly maybe given you second thoughts about getting bored of this fic (or inspired you to make the time, if you're simply just too busy). It's possible to continue writing a story even if the last time you wrote something on it was months ago, take it from me, I've done it before. The gap between writes often means that what you produce later is BETTER. Try playing through the games again or watching some commentaries of them to get your juices flowing. And that's all. Hopefully see you next chapter?
Yuri-Hime-Chan chapter 9 . 7/21/2012
Well crap
Lithius Osmius chapter 9 . 4/9/2012
This chapter followed the game dialogue closely, which kind of disappointed me and yet I couldn't disapprove of. I mean, how can you fix perfection that is the dialogue from Portal? GLaDOS' lines will continue to amuse no matter how many times I read or hear them.

Okay, now that I've been able to visualize GLaDOS fully, I can definitely say the design is original and follows the diesal punk background of Bioshock. Technically, I was expecting something a bit more futuristic, but this works for the setting. The visor kinda drives me nuts, but that's a personal issue. Overall I give a stamp of approval.

Okay, my questions start flying. Well, some of them might be ponderings, but you get the idea.

You mentioned the Big Sisters exist here. And if so, I want to know what capacity we might see them. After all, the Big Sister was the top predator of the Rapture food chain (and was the only thing capable of breaking the outer of glass of Rapture's walls, if you pay attention), and God forbid if Chell has the misfortune of meeting one.

Another question is if Chell will be exploring Rapture itself.

And if the original theme of Bioshock exists in which the protag harvests or saves the Little Sisters, will Chell be doing the same?

That leads into my next question. Does Tenenbaum make an appearance? Or for that matter, will other characters make any kind of appearance, like Andrew Ryan, Fontaine, Sofia Lamb, etc.?

And this leads into my most important question (or more accurately, pondering), which regards Chell. With the mention of Big Sister, that means some Little Sisters have grown up in this interpretation of Rapture. Now, Chell has shown some resistence to the plasmids, and if she has any connection to some of the original characters of Bioshock (not sure if that's what you're doing) or even was formerly a Little Sister that was chosen for testing, I would not be surprised if Chell herself is a Big Sister and doesn't know it. She easily has the potential to fill Eleanor's capacity in this story, enough it's almost painful to NOT think about.

There's a lot of questions, but I'll save them for later chapters. I would say 'update, please!' but I know those can get annoying, so how about 'update when you can.' This story is strangely satisfying, despite mixing two ideas that should not be mixed under regular circumstances. The way you're handling everything is extremely well done.

Anyways, very good story. I can't wait to see what else happens.
Lithius Osmius chapter 8 . 4/9/2012
Ah, there's the splicer I mentioned earlier.
Lithius Osmius chapter 7 . 4/9/2012
Okay, I do have a couple of questions, but I'm not going to go all out on them yet because a couple tie in with my curiosity of where this story might be going.
Lithius Osmius chapter 6 . 4/9/2012
More of the cake running gag. Absolutely beautiful. I was laughing my ass off. I can't remember if it was this chapter or another one with the splicer that was speaking crazy about cake...

Oh well. At least the running gag continues here. You can't have a Portal crossover without a cake reference.
Lithius Osmius chapter 5 . 4/9/2012
Your take on the personality cores is amusing while realistic in a way here in this crossover, though that almost breaks the diesal punk theme of Bioshock. But I'll let it slide since that line is blurred here.
Lithius Osmius chapter 4 . 4/9/2012
Ah, there's the Big Daddy, without the Little Sister though.
Lithius Osmius chapter 3 . 4/9/2012
Okay, the combustible lemonade made me bust a gut. I won't lie, that was absolutely brilliant.

I noticed it earlier, but now I'm going to voice it. WOULD YOU KINDLY... That signature line. I'm very curious about where that's going to go in this story and why Chell even is affected by it the first, something I'm sure will be answered at a later time.

Now where's the Big Daddies and Little Sisters? You can't have a Bioshock crossover without the signature icons of the series making an appearance.
Lithius Osmius chapter 2 . 4/9/2012
Okay, smooth on the ADAM. A wormhole plasmid would've been a godsend on several areas in BioShock, as I'm sure you know.

Okay, so the setting is without a doubt underwater in Rapture.

Pairing wise, I honestly don't care so as long as it's written well.

But if what I'm seeing is correct, Wheatley strikes me as almost having Fontaine's role. It's almost the same thing between Atlas and him.

I mean, I see a lot parallels between this story and BioShock by just replacing certain characters, though I'm curious to see how the Splicers fit into this.

GlaDOS I'm kinda iffy on, look wise, but this is diesal punk primarily. I think it's just something I going to have to follow.

On another note, you're handling the humor extremely well. I find this to be as much a riot as the Portal games in that department. The sarcasm is absolutely beautiful and the jokes are extremely well timed. I think that's covered quite well.
Lithius Osmius chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
You've got quite the challenge here. You're literally mixing cyber punk and diesal punk, two almost opposing subcultures, into one story.

Nonetheless, when I did see this story, I had to look. Though, honestly, I was expecting a train wreck. What I DID find was a well written story that, again, mixes two very opposing games.

I'm curious to see how this unfolds.
Hydroplatypus chapter 9 . 4/2/2012
Good story so far. Hope you update soon.
ReaverClankAlice and SlyCooper chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
This is genius! I can't wait to read more. On to Chapter 2!
codename pip chapter 9 . 2/4/2012
Aaaaa this is marvelous! You're portraying the feel of both games so wonderfully, well done! Looking forward to the next installment (and terribly worried for Wheatley although I know he'll be fine ...he will be fine, right?)
TripOfDeath chapter 8 . 1/21/2012
This is pretty good I can't wait to see more.