Reviews for Does Someone Need a Kidney
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
It was really good. I usually just read Finchel and Klaine, but I liked your summary so I thought I'd give this a chance and I'm glad that I did. Good job, and I think I could tell you put some emotion into it.
Sun-Tsu Toriden chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
I've always thought that trying to meet biological parents when you've been adopted must be so... Awkward. Here is this person you're supposed to feel a strong biological and familial connection to, and instead they are total strangers. It's probably like trying to make friends with someone your parents age, but first there is this one giant, awkward thing you have to get past first before you do. And if/when you do, they'll never be more than just a friend, not a parent.

anyway, good story.
leighxt chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
im jjsut goinr to lie here dont mind me uGH FEELS
Jules-Day chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
I really loved this. Such a fresh take on it and it felt real. Which of course is probably because you were writing what you know. I felt stilted and awkward at times because they were stilted and awkward and as much as I wished for things to be smoother or better, sometimes life just doesn't work out that way. Awesome one-shot.
Eyghon chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Wow, that was really good and sincere. LOL for kidney, my mind would have gone there too.
Glee 1 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I really really liked this story.
cuecardemporium chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
That was amazing! Loved it :)
sosaysthelipless chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I know this isn't recent but I was just reading through some of your old stuff I wasn't sure I'd read and wanted to say that this was wonderful and honest and if you ever felt like writing more in this verse I'd love to read it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This was a cute little fic. Loved the subtle Faberry, and the Beth Quinn.
BuRiChiFaN chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Oh wow. This was obviously another wonderful side story to SP and I wanted to smash my head on a wall for not seeing it right after I read that masterpiece of yours DX

I love this one as well. Beth’s feelings were definitely realistic and logical as she grew up. I love how her relationship and impression with her Mom and the rest of the Fabray Family changed through time. That last thought of her made me smile. I just have to wonder if she’s as intelligent as her mother XD

I find the little details about Faberry and their kids from Beth’s perspective to be really cute though since we’re so much aware about their own side of the story. LOL at Little Alice and Carmen bickering at the café (Yes, I kinda ship them LOL They’re better than Alice/Nicole XP I mean, c’mon, they’re like Quinn and Rachel XDD)

Thanks for the amazing read as usual D
skiescouldbe chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
I enjoyed reading this. Having just finished Simple Parts, the change in perspective here, and time frame, was quite nice (ie. Morgan as a teen, a different Quinn than both the younger and older Quinns from Simple Parts). Also makes me excited for your prequel/sequel. :)
Anon chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
This is such a lovely story, really one of my favorite one-shots. I hope you don't mind that I translated this into Spanish to show it to my little brother. It's not posted anywhere, I just printed out a copy for him to read because he is still learning English. Technically he is my cousin, but he's been living with my mom for 8 years now, so he's like a brother. I'm 15 years older, and with no kids of my own, I tend to spoil him. He also tends to ask me questions about his birth parents and I remembered reading this fic; I thought it might help him relate to Beth.
Quatorz chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Hello!

I was rereading some of Simple Parts and I just happened to glance at the author's notes at the bottom and see you mention this. Great story. Very cool to fill in more of the background.

I know you mentioned on your tumblr that you really don't feel that OCs are appropriate to focus on, but you've made the family so interesting and so diverse that I know I'd love to know more about them. Like, is there anything between Alice and Nicole?

I'll have to look through your work and see if anything else is related to this universe. Love it!
not using for now chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
I love how you seem to hold back Beth's emotionalism, keeping it very narrow and raw and reigned in. It added so much to the story. I love how you wrote this, it was even more emotional to me because of the reigned in emotions if this makes sense.

Great great story, love your writing. More Faberry!
hoglee chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
This is under-stated and raw, beautifully expressed. Brilliant