Reviews for The Liquor of Our Discontent
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
S'okay, Z. Shakespeare is dead. I don't think he'll mind you using one of his lines. See how I didn't use butcher? I think you 'cleverly reassembled" his line.

***

Ah! It's ZIVA who is intoxicated! See? As soon as I read the title of this story I thought, "Oh, Tony, what are you going to do while drunk THIS time?" Clever Z!

***

His mind says no but his body must look up the definition. Oh, Tony. We've all been there, my friend.

***

There might have been a mention of rope. And Tony. That's my girl, Zi! Show him whose the pants-wearer in this "partnership."

***

Approval of wickedness from one's subconscious is a frightening thing. It is not! It's gratifying!

***

Not sure how this momentary naughtiness sunk so deep into melancholy, but hopefully it was enjoyed all the same. This is TIVA, Z. There is no Tiva without the melancholy. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, can you? You can't write Tiva without the melancholy. 'Tis impossible. And if Tiva is written sans depression than it usually isn't any good. Tiva is not fluffy bunny feelings and sunshine. I am NOT a fan of Tiva getting married, havin' kids, and living the American dream. It's unnatural. That's why I love 'Symbiosis.' They do all those things, yes, but at great pain and cost. THAT is Tiva. That is what I love. That is why I love YOUR Tiva.

Besides, it was FANTASTIC! I have placed it on my list of fav stories.
Schmaltzy chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Wouldn't mind seeing a follow up to this. Ziva's memories of the night (to the extent/point she can remember) would be very interesting.

Lovely work, as always!
Ink On Paper chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
I thoroughly don't know how I missed this (I would like to blame exams) but what a treat is now that I've found it!

As always, Zaedah-perfection.

And this may just be one of my favorite-favorites yet!

Bravo (of course) and lovely (as always), my friend.

Inky
USAFChief chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Enjoyed? Yes, unequivocally. Been there.

Nice job, by the way, painting the picture of the emotional roller coaster Tony finds himself riding.

pdf
propelled chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
The change of mood is so quick, but so perfect. The ending definitely hurt.

I'd love to see if how it all plays out, especially how Ziva acts around him afterwards, and how he acts around her, if your muse is at all inspired to do so
Proseac chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Your prose is absolutely mesmerizing, Zaedah my dear! So vivid and palpable, I can feel Tony's anguish and equivocation so keenly.

And no, I don't think an intoxicated Ziva is OOC, at all. I think this is exactly what she WOULD be like after a few too many.

The punchline was totally unexpected, and wonderful, even if melancholy as you say.

Simply lovely!
DaniSJ chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Interesting, different to all the other stories I've read. Definitely great job! :)
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Enjoyable?

Not sure.

Well done?

Very sure indeed.

It made me very sad.
Nanuk chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Now, this one absolutely calls for a continuation! Well done!
daxam1216 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Really good story, but in a sad mood. As always you are such a good writer.

Mike
PodDoc chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
U never cease to amaze... half of me wants u on but the other half loves the bittersweet end. Thanks for the quality read.
ncischick09 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
It was enjoyed very much; I think the melancholy kept it real. And I do so adore your writing :)
23roses chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
LOL! this made me laugh...at least up to the very end. Poor Tony!
starryjules chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
I laughed hysterically for the first half and then abruptly stopped with:

"But he also knows why he drinks; guilt, hatred, everything he can't control and all he's lost."

The emotional shift is jarring, but in a very well-written and effective manner. This was another in a long line of absolutely fantastic stories from you. Thank you for sharing!
AEROrevolution chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
This was beyond perfect. Holy shit. I don't...I'm not sure how to tell you how wonderful this was. The characters were right there in their element, emotions swirling, everything going wrong and right all at once. Fantastic writing, great scene setting, very smooth transitions overall. Very, very nice. Thank you for this.