Reviews for A Zutara is Worth a Thousand Words
TrueMetis chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
Give Aang a harem? Well if anyone has earned it... Though I would have some issues since they were Ozai's. That would make getting rid of them a pretty high priority for me if I was Zuko even without the girlfriend and sense of honour issues.
K chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
I loved that. I really could see Zukos look of confused fustration at dealing with 40 teenaged concubines for three main reasons. 1. His personal sense of honour , loyalty, and faimly would not make him a cheating type . 2.40? Really! Why? And three: the concubines are the same age as Azula. Actually , that last reason brings fridge horror upon reflection.

I liked Mai's letter. : )

And I finally sat down and thought about just what unsettles me about Kataang. At first the crush was cute, but as it goes on, he seems to view her between the roles of crush, mother, and meantor. Katara is very mother like, having grown up a caretaker of the tribe, and she treats Aang in a similar manor. Since Aang probably never had a female ro model in his life, she's it, along with being teacher. I guess that's why he went from Gysto to Katara when opening the heart charkra. Honestly that combo scares me a bit. Last, I felt that having a faimly didn't fit in with someone trying to rebuild their race, or the Nomadic monk culture in general that Aang strives to follow.

It's nice how well you managed this story.

K
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Bahaha. Iroh, you sneaky bastard. XD
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
How adorable this was :)
Katara is right, the story just started.
cjsmalley chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
Adorable and realistic so thank you for sharing.
Citrine Griffin chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
I remember having a discussion with a friend of mine about how Aang should've had more sex, since he only had one airbending kid. Someone else brought up polygamy...this left me with my new favorite pai-er, ship:
AangxKataraxTophxTy LeexMengxXang Ying.
Separate Entity chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Adorable and very funny.
huinsutt99 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
I really liked this story. Very enjoyable!
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
This was really cute :) I always thought Aang should repopulate the Air Nomads, not just be exclusively with Katara... anyway, good job!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
And that is why Kanna wins. (What? She's one of my favorite characters.)

Cultural differences are one thing, but boy did Twinkletoes have a brain fart.
Dean chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
that was really well written!
SayonaraSonata chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Well that was cute. Especially Mai's note,,,
elayne cypher chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
you know, I always thought it was a little naive/hypocritical that the writers created this Airbending tribe that had very different concepts of family life and procreation...but then Aang suddenly develops a crush and wants to have a typical romantic relationship with Katara. If he was so embedded in his own culture and traditions, why did he deviate on this aspect of Air Nomad life? Thats one of many reasons why I think Zutara should have been canon. sighs oh well. thats why we have Zutara fanfics :D loved this one-shot. It was well written and very sweet.
nupuroo chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
This is gorgeous. It's short (of course) and so, so to the point. And although longer stories are usually more engaging, it was really refreshing to read this one, alone among all the ridiculous overwrought Zutara stories that have Katara crying every three sentences, or Zuko beating up servant after servant because he's oh-so-confused about his feelings for her.
You made it funny without making it crackfic-esque, your explanation for Kataang not happening actually made sense, (well, sort of) and it ended satisfyingly.
Hooray! It was awesome. :D
FlyingTurtleduck chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I love the way you made the Kataang and Maiko breakups perfectly reasonable and damn well deserved :)
Especially loved: Iroh's version of the treaty, Zutara nighttime sparring session and *Mai's breakup letter* (Zuko got off waaay too easy for that one in canon)