Reviews for Passing the Torch
ufc91 chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
This was a fun read. I like the concept of is a great deal.
crimsonninja117 chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
that was awesome!
dksamuri chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Miss Jackson Grayson-Barton chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Awesome. And cute & adorable with the family love. Well kind've cute, because as awesome as the three characters are, a scene taking the p*** out of Dave makes it even better ;P
darck ben chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
good story
Solus Reborn chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Now this is a gem to behold, I can imagine this scene roll out. Amazing snapshot of a possible future, thanks for a great read.
NJHarris chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Hit Girl MK2! After reading Holiday Bonus, the description of this short began to make sense when I decided to read it today, when originally I had absolutely no idea what it meant. I'm glad I read it now!
The superhero family to fear! For her first time she didn't do too bad. Well yeah she got shot, but she had all her gear on, so it's only bruises, not bullet holes. Dave knocking the guy on his ass in one hit! Haha! And Mindy finishing him off with a cheap nut shot, haha!
Dave does take the trophy for "failing epically" when he started out, haha! But then again he wasn't as prepared as Mindy was, and now Kimberly. But look at him now.
Getting to eat at the diner, it's official then. Kimberly is a new super, Hit Girl mark 2!
Ah man we still don't get Mindy's new name!
Such a fun read!
Blazen chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Interesting. But I surely hope Dave and Mindy's children would never have (or want) to become vigilantes. Do we really need another messed-up kid? Or worse, a kid who thinks fighting criminals is a game like in this story

Do not pay any mind to my moaning though. I know it's just a funny story about future Dave/Mindy family
Morpheus Davol chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Mikado X Goddess chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
love it XD
Secrets4theunderground chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
This... this right here was perfect! I loved this more then words can say!
Motorchickensmile chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
After all the reviews you've given me, it's the least I can do to take a look at some of your work!

I loved the movie Kick-Ass, but have never read any fan-fiction on it and never really thought of ( and still can't really support, I guess ) Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl as a pairing . . . so that being said, I'll try to keep my feedback away from those subjective areas.

Objectively, I think your writing is rather good . . . the opening snippet of this one-shot grips especially well and seems very cinematic. You have a good economy with images, but I thought some of the fighting descriptions could have been fleshed out more vividly. Your dialogue also flows very well, but it was a little confusing not knowing who exactly was saying what at the beginning . . . though I think that was probably done intentionally to delay the big reveal that it was Hit Girl and Kick-Ass and that they have a daughter now, so in that respect it works fine. The whole cussing and intense violence thing around a young child still raises my eyebrows involunatraily, but . . . lol, that's kind of one of the main themes of Kick-Ass and the whole point of Hit-Girl's character in general, isn't it?

I would go to a super-hero diner. Constantly. I would go there like gangbusters.

All in all, not a bad read at all - a nicely-done little one-shot. And obviously, you published this two years ago so I'm certain your writing has probably improved a lot since then . . . I know MINE certainly has. Maybe I'll go and peruse some of your more recent work sometime!
Apollo Child chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
If PC ends with Dave and Mindy getting married it would be nice for there to be a sequel about their kids
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Suprised Dave/Kick-Ass didn't do more, even if the littlest Lizewski (or MacCready, since presumably, Mindy has no other relatives worth mention alive if Marcus became her guarding after Damn/Big Daddy died, so wanting to carry on the family name) had armour on.

Lovely look at the next generation of superhero, in any case!
PsyckoSama chapter 1 . 3/8/2013