Reviews for A Day in the Life of an Azkadellian Bodyguard
katdemon1895 chapter 13 . 6/23/2012
very, very sweet! raw's point of view was well written and definately got across the point that gulch will soon be giving away his only link to the Otherside, the girl that is his baby sister, practically his daughter, to another, and i like the analogy of dg and gulch being the sun and the hearth, that really fits them well
Bookworm Gal chapter 13 . 6/23/2012
Raw. So wonderful. I love it. Even if it must have been odd trying to write in his style, you did a terrific job. I absolutely love this chapter. Great work and good luck in the future.
katdemon1895 chapter 12 . 6/22/2012
despite toto's reluctance, you pulled an awesome chapter out of him, i'm especially amsued by th little bit with raw going over the medical supplies, poor gulch, and a guard hopping on one foot while singing is a fun mental image, great chapter, looking forward to who's up next
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 12 . 6/22/2012
He's not my favorite character either.
Lcsaf chapter 12 . 6/21/2012
There isn't enough love to give you for this chapter, although I feel this could be a better addition to the Game Night Series, than the Days of an A.B.

I'm not quite sure that I understand what Cain's "warning?" means, though I am pleased as punch that DG isn't shy about trying to soil Cain's "virtue." It makes me giggle. A lot. Wyatt can be such a stick in the mud, but his indignation at such passes by the younger princess must be a priceless memory.

Likewise, I really want to see Tutor's human expression when he catches their Majesties gettin' their Mack on...

On an entirely different note, I'm not sure which picture you should upload for the Gulch-series, but I think that fanart from DA of all Az's bodyguards should be the pic for this fic.
Bookworm Gal chapter 12 . 6/21/2012
Curse you, Tutor! Why couldn't I remember you when I was making guesses? It was because you were a spy during the miniseries and spies aren't supposed to be noticed, right? That the excuse I'm going with.

I can see why this was a troublesome chapter, but I still enjoyed it. Even if I was extremely frustrated trying to guess the narrator. Keep up the great work.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 11 . 5/21/2012
Some many little lovely details... how Ahamo's muttering about cops has convinced a whole segment of the palace population to never jump into a travel storm, the obstacle course from movie montages, the never wanting to meet Mrs. Gulch group, and first aid for everybody!

Damn, the fork took out Argus? That fork needs to go in a museum or something.
CoffeeWench chapter 11 . 5/20/2012
I have always enjoyed this series of stories. Their covering the same ground is done in such a wonderfully diverse way, and you play with the language so well, that I can't help but have fun. I have startled quite a number of people by laughing uproariously out of nowhere. Thank you for the fun.
EreshkigalGirl chapter 11 . 5/20/2012
THis chapter might have been a bear for you to write, but I quite enjoyed it. I did not see the group-viewpoint option, but it was fun. Loved Gulch's names for the group breakdown. My favorite: Military Obstacle Course As Extrapolated From Movie Montages (And Lacking A Tower Of Victory We'll Just Use The Palace; It's Tall Enough). Bwahahaha! Gulch is only a little evil, and only to people who try to hurt those he cares about. And he finished up with first aid lessons, which is very characteristic of him. But, oh no! Did they lose Argus? I only met him the once through this fic, but he was fun.
GoldenRoya chapter 11 . 5/19/2012
"Complete with team building activities." Was ever a phrase uttered that is so wrought with apprehension-inducing anxiety?

Another truly awesome chapter! I love the titles of the "training exercises." Leaves much to the imagination, and such a cruel imagination it is, too...
Bookworm Gal chapter 11 . 5/19/2012
Okay, this might not be your favorite chapter, but I absolutely love it. I like the descriptions of their various activities. And the fact they never want to meet Mrs. Gulch. Ever. This was simply too fun and I hope to see more in the near future. Good luck.
katdemon1895 chapter 11 . 5/19/2012
this was awesome, i especially enjoyed the capitalization of the different group assignment tasks and the name for the different category of tasks was exceptionally amusing, especially the movie montage bit and the things that mrs. gulch made her son do when she was upset- very extremely funny

awesome look into the revision of everyones' opinion on gulch, and the military all being very wary of the otherside because of its surplus of cops was a nice touch

great chapter
Megan McAlistair chapter 7 . 5/15/2012
"of creation, of knowing, of taking abstract thought into concrete reality"

ah, the thoughts of a scientist, had the title not tipped me off this would have

"and the stasis unit prototype had been intended for preventing food spoilage"

it is a sad truth that humans can corrupt anything... like Bamboo

"like so many tin men and their little dogs, too"

so many references in one sentence, one on purpose (I almost forgot this was originally all about the Wizard of Oz) and then... tin... little dog... tintin... I've got to see the movie

"an unanticipated, moderately functional compilation of synapses"

yet the only one that's not afraid of Az...

"breaking the glitching loop before it became paralysing"

it's interesting how easily the self-slapping could be interpreted as a tic, especially since Tourettes is in part about repetitive thought processes as well

"that wasn't a force-mass-acceleration equation that Ambrose cared to demonstrate."

learning by doing, Am, learning by doing... what could possibly go wrong?

"and deities knew Cain had to punish someone"

and it wouldn't be the princesses

"straight into the Realm of the Unreasonable"

sounds like a fun place... when can I book my flight?

"you were the one that decided to run"

oh really? how interesting... I don't think I like Ambrose too much, he's smart but he's also kind of a jerk sometimes

"even if he did have the disconcerting tendency to use logic and common sense in an argument without having shown any indication of applying the concepts to real life"

isn't that how we all work? it works in theory...

"She's already been through enough"

all is forgiven, I love you again, Am

really, I like your portrayal of Ambrose, he seems like that good friend who wasn't there for the action and the bonding and returned later to find that all the relationships had changed in the meantime

and smart
Hcatty chapter 10 . 5/13/2012
Wow. I knew I loved Dawkins...
karenmiller1972 chapter 10 . 5/8/2012
I love your contributions! Thank you again.

I know eventually this line of story, well, you will eventually feel that you have come to a close on this story. But...until you do, I love each chapter you share that shows a different insight, or a different moment in this story.

Thank you!