Reviews for A Day in the Life of an Azkadellian Bodyguard
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 10 . 5/7/2012
*Hugs Dawkins carefully as to not poke his guts back out* Yeah that was unexpected from our favorite in the peanut gallery.

Still I find it amusing how so many of the guards have read a romantic angle with Gulch and DG, simply because of Cain's jealousy. But I think I finally figured that out: the guards repeated the "Willow" quote and it had round-robined to the point where Dawkins thought he could use it for mischief.

And WHEN is someone going to give us fanart of naked Gulch saving the day! I'd buy a deviantArt print, really I would!
Hebi R chapter 10 . 5/6/2012
I know this does not precisely follow the title, but as some of the mob seems to have survived, seeming their perspectives would be interesting. Possibly during the questioning, to preserve the theme?
EreshkigalGirl chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
No, certainly not as light as we might expect from Dawkins, but he was the only logical one to tell this part of the story. The memory bits were a bit confusing. At first it kind of sounded like Dawkins is gay. It was hard to follow a bit there.) But the part where he was trying not to shoot his old sergeant was both sad and painful; his past conflicting with his presant duties. And his inappropriate thought: would it have killed him to grab some pants? Hilarious!

So you've done Ayan/Sneezy, Tam/Bashful, Turi/Grumpy, and Dawkins/Doc. The only unnamed guard left is Happy, yes? And we still have a ways to go. You've done DG, Glitch, Ambrose, the Queen, and Cain. So I guess you also have Ahamo and Raw to do. So that's at least 3 more chapters. Looking forward to more.
Bookworm Gal chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
While generally a bit more sober than one would expect for our dear Dawkins, it was still easy to spy his normal cheerful self underneath it all. And this section of the story is always entertaining to read. Terrific work and can't wait for more soon. Good luck.
katdemon1895 chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
it may not be what i thought dawkin's pov would be but at the same time its eniminately suitable, and i really adore your OZ colloquialisms, ruby slipper dancing over a rainbow, awesome! and nice to see dawkins get some added depth and to peek into his past, gulch being cemented as awesome in everyones' minds is also great and that joke that dawkins pulled with his tent? oh good dosh, i don't think i'm going to stop giggling anytime soon, and i had never thought about how gulch ad never really had to use his gun before, glad that he and dawkins could talk about what happen and at least on dawkins side put some ghosts to rest

excellent chapter
nightdrive23 chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
Why would you need me to forgive you? It was a wonderful chapter-one of the most important and of course Dawkins is one of the most important minor characters. I am sure if I plant a little seed in your head you could write another Dawkins chapter...just a little happier.

Just remember-if you don't make me happy I will be back in North America for the summer...
Lcsaf chapter 9 . 5/1/2012
BWAAHAHAHH! I loved this view. War born brat, indeed...
forestofmyown chapter 9 . 4/15/2012
Very nice perspective! Great job distinguishing his character :)
EreshkigalGirl chapter 9 . 4/14/2012
YAY! I was wondering when you'd get to Grumpy, now known as Turi. And that you had him narrate the bar fight is wonderful. Oh, Jeb so had it coming if even the vague indicators of what Turi heard are anything to go by. Loved the description of the guards entering the fray, and that you dropped in the name of the other, already introduced guards, Argus and Ayan. I'm assuming the scary smiler is Dawkins. And the description of Ayan's face: "...with outraged expression of a librarian who'd caught someone disrespecting the books. " DO NOT DISRESPECT THE BOOKS! Bwahahaha!

Oh, so much fun.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 9 . 4/12/2012
Stealthy! No, wait he died. I'm going with Grumpy, but I think I need to get a list of the seven dwarfs because I also forget a couple of them. Same thing with Santa's reindeer.

*Snicker* And it is amusing that the entire bar had the same reaction: Jeb is going to die and we're going to die right after for having heard what he said. LOL!
katdemon1895 chapter 9 . 4/12/2012
another excellent chapter, i liked turi's general point of view, practical and a little pessimistic and love getting a different look at the infamous bar scene, papays seem to be in a lot of ozian metaphors

jeb and dawkins meeting? the world trembles, though with what emotion it won't quite say

looking forward to whatever you come up with next!
Bookworm Gal chapter 9 . 4/12/2012
The bar fight! It is more awesome than I could ever have hoped. Gulch is a rather unstoppable force it would seem. Not that Turi and the rest weren't doing a fantastic job of dealing with the mass fight scene. And on the identity of our narrator, I believe it might be Grumpy.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 8 . 4/5/2012
he'd be Sir Oblivious of Doesn't Have a Cluesville - Well if you ever needed an overarching title instead of Gulchverse, the Adventures of Sir Oblivious of Doesn't Have a Cluesville has a nice ring to it.

But it is nice to see DG sticking up for her Menace, even though the thought of being under DG's protection would probably send him to test if the deserts really are deadly.
nightdrive23 chapter 8 . 4/5/2012
Yeah, I know it has been a long time for me as well. I swear we are somehow connected, when one disappears the other does as well, and it takes coming out from underneath the rock one of us has been under for the other to come out again.

So I didn't review the last chapter, because it was too much for my brain to take. I need simple, and easy to read at the moment, because at the end of the day when I am done working I can't handle anymore difficulties.

I did enjoy this chapter, pretty simple to figure out who was the narrator here-I'm still waiting for Dawkins, BTW, and babies.
EreshkigalGirl chapter 8 . 4/1/2012
This chapter started with a heart-squishing sniffle for the Queen's choices, and ended with a giggle. Cutest grandbabies EVAH! LOL!
109 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »