Reviews for A Day in the Life of an Azkadellian Bodyguard
nightdrive23 chapter 3 . 7/30/2011
If I review this chapter would you come out of the hole your hiding in or whatever...I mean, I understand how my lack of instant reviewing lately would cause you emotional toil, but think of all your other readers...hehehehehehe...

So you know what I just thought of, Gulch was a grown man with a job; therefore, why was he still living with his parents? You'd think DG would have teased him about that.

Otherwise, cute chapter.

Now write a Dawkins chapter.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 3 . 7/22/2011
Catching up a delinquent reviews. I'm glad to see DG have some twinge over the plan to keep Gulch.
EreshkigalGirl chapter 3 . 7/4/2011
*sniffle* Beautiful. Just, very beautiful. Once again, my best wishes to your muse to have the next narrator come more easily to you. And good luck with a better computer!
Megan McAlistair chapter 3 . 7/2/2011
"wrapped around his leg like it was a giant teddy bear"

such a cute picture... oh god

"so loud that sometimes DG hears them in her dreams"

she must really blame herself

so heavy

"had been a complete and utter accident."

so she is feeling a little useless...

glad, but disappointed in herself

desperate but there is no way for her

what a horrible thing to feel

"that Officer Gulch will choose to be Azkadellia's hero, too."

because sometimes coincidence is fate

because sometimes it's the big sister that has to be protected

very emotional

extremely so
Bookworm Gal chapter 3 . 7/1/2011
A great chapter from DG that covers her past with Gulch slightly again and describes the events at the ball from her viewpoint too. I loved this chapter and I truly can't wait for more.
LittleMender chapter 3 . 6/30/2011
This was such a lovely chapter. I've really enjoyed all of your Gulch stories, and I'm glad to see this one from yet another perspective. DG's introspection about Az is so poignant, her not being able to "mend what she'd marred" (great turn of phrase) and Az's nightmares being so loud that DG could hear them in HER sleep. And her remembrances of Az as her first hero.

Remembering Gulch had so much sweetness to it as well-how she saw him as her hero, then saw him more realistically once she was older, but seeing him as a hero once again as he protected Azkadellia. I was a little concerned when I saw where the storm/Gulch's bedroom part was heading, but the way you described it and reasoned out their thinking and clarified just what sort of man Gulch was (and everyone knew him to be) it was really sweet (good that you threw in that part about a friend looking up to her brother-made it seem even more innocent).

I wish I could list everything I liked, but the whole chapter really was so good. I would just groan over most authors on this site doing a third-perspective story on the same events, but this really is like reading a new story. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next installment!
nightdrive23 chapter 2 . 6/20/2011
Hey there now, I knew that each chapter was going to have a different narrator-I do read your author's notes (sometimes they are as good as the story). I'm just super excited for a story that revolves around the Az bodyguards. I can't wait until the Dawkins chapter.

Anyways...I have a new love for Sneezy, especially that physical description of him. Give my regards to the Secretary (I bet she would be a GREAT narrator...wink wink...nudge nudge).

Did DG tell the man calling on Gulch to call him her loyal minion, because it sounds like something she would do.

Does Gulch have a list of random scenarios that have, could, would, or should happen while guarding the princesses?
Megan McAlistair chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
"and willed himself not to sneeze"

Bashful, clearly Bashful

(finally I have found the time to read)

"given that it had been his interviewer who'd given it to him"

he must have said something very... unnice about Az... foolish man

Don't provoke the Bor-... Gulch

"when he said he used to be one of DG's bodyguards"

or that, same warning though

"hair like the sunset over a wheat field – what the hell?"

my reaction exactly... a romance novel indeed

so funny

"The young hopeful felt a moments doubt"

it's that colourful language that makes your stories unique

"We could always count the sc-"

scars? not sure though

"best you could hope for is espionage"

I had to laugh so hard at that

oh god

"there's a possibility that Cain's bulletproof"

the little running gag, making this so funny

"Off with you, Im-...er," he faltered, glancing at the looming bodyguards, "Imperial Person"

good save, great laugh

"but I can keep those that are able safe until they get the job done."

common sense, logical thinking and an endearing philosophy... I'd hire him

"what do you do?"

What would Gulch do? I should wear that on a bracelet... or print it on a t-shirt

"He sneezed."

good answer

good ending, with a build-up the whole time, little reminders and then that, brilliant, fantastic, molto bene
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
The part of my writer's brain that insists we need more name books (and we already own three different ones) is enamored with the name "Toksmith."

I also miss Sorsha and Mad Martigen (only drawback to the otherwise fantastic sequel trilogy by Chris Claremont).

Rebuked, the young O.Z. native was about to apologize when he realized there was another answer to that question. "Only if the Tin Man takes issue and it causes problems between the protections details," he replied. - Sneezy is quicker on his feet than he gives himself credit for.
EreshkigalGirl chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
I see you gave us an easy one to start out with. And I loved the DG-Gulch back-and-forth thing they've got. They're too cute. Loved it! I hope the rest of the guards come more easily for you.
Gilari chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
Awww Sneezy. Bless him. Although, I'll admit to Happy being my favorite of the Seven Guards. Gulchy my boy, you are NEVER getting that cruiser back.
katdemon1895 chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
one chapter per narrator is a good idea and yay for sneezy! nice to finally find out his name and general motivation, i suppose you'll do the other six "dwarves"? the secretary with delusions of being a romance writer was hilarious and the interaction between dg and gulch was perfect, i adored it

looking forward to what you write next!
Bookworm Gal chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
A lovely look at our dear Sneezy (Ayan). I love Gulch's screening process (especially the last question) and the interactions between DG and our cop is always fun. And since I watched "Willow," I loved the reference.

Thanks for the mention. I love being your annoying little reviewer intent on bugging you.

Great work, can't wait for more, and good luck.
Megan McAlistair chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
"and then verified DG's location"

things on his mind: DG, the safety of the palace, DG, the intentions of the people around him, DG, a possible oncoming war, the younger princess and DG

"with an almost...wistful expression"

the way every pupil's eyes look at the door, pleading to the heavens something exciting might happen today and end their torment

"altered abruptly as the Tin Man's hand settled firmly on the revolver's grip"

instantaneous reaction, he watches every one and every one watches him

"could be quite appropriately threatening"

couple this with a little bit of scenic lighting and it could be a perfect "Oh Crap" moment for any villain

with Cain... the sound of his fingers drumming on his revolver would do

dat-dat-dat-dat

"Cain made his decision."

so in the end it was him who decided it

it is the perfect ending sentence for a oneshot, sounding final and absolute

then comes tha last line of dialogue and it turns into a promising hook

I'm so looking forward to this
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Remember that scene in Othersider Encounter when Gulch and Az come back after their honeymoon and Kansas the Mobat comes winging in witha squeal, a click, and a can of beer? Well, I have no beer for you, but the high-pitched squee and the full-frontal glomp are true (at least in my mind.) Yayayay! Just fantastic. I hope you update often and for a long time. Because you give me joy.
109 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »