Reviews for An Inn By the Road
Dalghryn chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Though my gaming choice would have almost always precluded the events in this story (since one of the main characters would be dead), I enjoyed it immensely! You captured the essence of Loghain very well, and your knowledge of Ferelden, Orlais and Thedas makes for a well-crafted tale. A very enjoyable Dragon Age fix. D
Pie Rat chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Aw, I missed your Mahariel warden for this one. Seeing her travel with Loghain would be interesting. But I loved this story. Great work!
Lud chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
You have Male Aeducan fic! Male Aeducan and Loghain bro fic!

I know I said in my review of the Sten one that I wanted more, but I really, REALLY want more of this one. Selfishly. Because my Warden was a Male Aeducan and practically no one ever does dwarf wardens, and when they do they're usually conniving and evil or else Casteless and oppressed. But your Aeducan is just like mine. He's snobbish and vain, but also clearly a badass and pretty friendly. A good dwarven noble always made more sense to me than an evil one, I don't know why.

But anyway the part with the beard. Full stop. I laughed so loud. There was just something so hilarious about Aeducan essentially equating the mangling of his epic beard to Loghain killing that guy.

Also, I think this is one of the best characterizations of post-game Loghain that I have ever seen. It doesn't idealize him, but it doesn't throw him into mad monster territory, either. He's just himself. Paranoid, bitter, socially unpleasant and principally driven. It works really well with Aeducan here, where it sort of plays off of the... I don't know how to describe it, sorry. The deal he has going on. It put a great picture in my mind of Aeducan being the rusted white knight to Loghain's tarnished black knight.

I am printing this one out, too.
Melfice-sama chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
An excellent story, I hope we will see more storys from you about the travels of Duran and Loghain.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
A fine short story. Very atmospheric.
Eluvian chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
I liked it! You did an excellent job with the characters. It was interesting to see Loghain and Lord Aeducan traveling together, and the issue with the inn keeper was creepy.